Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

My car is shaking, please help.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2004, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAHA i think u just got ish slaped mike
Old Sep 21, 2004, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

ur rim could be bent on the inside... take it off and look at it.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

^^^yeah, only one of my rims was noticeably bent. i couldnt tell that the others were bent til i had it up on a lift and was able to spin the wheels. i could see them reverberating, so they were all oval shaped.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Time to get back some of those taxes you paid. Make the City pay for it !!!
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:22 PM

whatever it is i can't believe your drivin on it, take off the wheels and roll em man, it should take like an hour to do that, make sure it all looks savy under there too, but if your drivin on it like that you could just be makin it worse and potentially very expensive by uffing up something else. Get it checked by whomever you can, and i doubt you can nail the city on it you were in cause unless the accident was recorded then, your not gonna be able to report this much later, and how would you prove it? good luck anyways tho
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

It's not your rims. You threw your castor off (the angle that the strut makes with the ground) It's supposed to be positive (like a bike's front fork) when you bash something and push the strut more vertical it'll give your suspension wobble and will make it harder to turn (you need to apply more force to turn). It's easy to throw off when you hit a curb or the like. Get those control arms checked broham
Old Sep 22, 2004, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdubs3rd
whatever it is i can't believe your drivin on it, take off the wheels and roll em man, it should take like an hour to do that, make sure it all looks savy under there too, but if your drivin on it like that you could just be makin it worse and potentially very expensive by uffing up something else. Get it checked by whomever you can, and i doubt you can nail the city on it you were in cause unless the accident was recorded then, your not gonna be able to report this much later, and how would you prove it? good luck anyways tho
of course he can get the city to pay for it. i had exactly the same thing happen to me and the city is covering it. basically its their fault for leaving the road like it was. for me, there was a sign that said "uneven pavement". there were two plates with about a foot and a half gap in between them, and inbetween that gap it was about a 3-4" drop. all i did was take pics of the accident site but i didnt even need those.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

i guess i'm gonna go pull the rims off and check them now, see what i can see. not a bad idea to get pics of the road to bill the city, i just hope they still have everything as it was. knowing orlando road crews though, nothing will move for months.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

well, jacked it up and did an inspection as best as i could. seems that both wheels in the front seem to have a bit of a dip i noticed when i spun them. and with the way the car rides, it feels like the back does to.

so now what do i do? i'm not too worried about jacking my car up, but should i still rush to have it checked out?

also, does anyone have any stock OZ rims they want to sell me???
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

derek get on aim tommarow and lemme know about what talked about
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

well, i dropped off my car today for an estimate. so far, they think a control arm and sub frame are bent, and didn't mention anything else, other then they'd have to start "pulling apart" my car to look for further damage...

i called the city this morning and filed a claim, and they set up an investigation. i also called my insurance company for advice on how to get things rolling, and a safety net with them, just in case (and with the estimates i heard in the office from all the mechanical engineers, its at least double my deductible).

what sucks, is the insurance considers it a collision in which i am at fault, even though i explained that it was unavoidable. they said even if something fell off a truck in front of me, and i hit it, its a collision and i'm at fault. what kinda sense does that make!?!? i thought USAA was supposed to be a good insurance company. guess we'll find out soon enough...

Last edited by purecoda; Sep 23, 2004 at 02:58 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

so it looks like i'm effed. just got off the phone with the insurance company again, and they say if its road construction, then its my fault, because i could have stopped. i can't believe this crap. i said "what about when people have rims dented from uneven pavement on the highway" and she said that its different going 50-60 mph. to me, its the same principle though. the road work obviously caused the damage. this isn't some random road debris, the road should have been closed for repairs.

guess my only hope is that lots of other people had the same damage, and the city has a bunch of claims on record. if not, i'll be out at least a grand for this damn thing. *sigh*
Old Sep 23, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You said you were going 30ish in your original post, now 50-60? Or is that just the insurance person exaggerating? Make sure you stress that you were going 30 if thats still possible.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

i was going 30, and i stressed it. again, for clarification, i was pulled south onto rouse rd in orlando from the BP station on the corner, crossed university ave and immediately after the intersection hit whatever it was. how fast do you think a lancer could get to speed in just over the width of 6 lanes?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by purecoda
how fast do you think a lancer could get to speed in just over the width of 6 lanes?
good point