Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer pistons on sale....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would buy them at this great price... but im looking for another .5 point in compression... going n/a all the way
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear everyone backed out on you. If I had the 4 bills I'd be sure to get some. I'll have to keep an eye on these. But for the other guy that asked about 89 octane, you probably could, but with higher compression theres always the chance that you may have a detonation issue and 91 or 93 (depending on what you can get where you are) would be a much better choice. Bump for buschur giving a hell of a deal on something even though he kinda got screwed over on it.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

i was one of the main requesters for them but for stock cr, not 10:1, i would have immediately bought them if they were 9.5:1
Old Mar 2, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

he tried to make both n/a and FI happy with a comprimise... but i think he ended up messing himself up b/c the n/a guys wanted the extra compression, and the turbo guys were looking for stock. I hope you can sell em.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Just outta interest, what kind of tuning would these need to work? The main deterent with the RRM pistons was the risk of running rich or lean, can't remember which, but if these are safer, I'm sure people would be more interested.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Im pretty sure i remember david pretty much saying that the only thing u need to do to when you install these pistons is change the octane of your fuel... that tuning with a pb or safc would be beneficial but is not need to run these pistons
Old Mar 2, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

These are a direct replacement? Do you ahve to bore out your cylinders?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
they're drop in, if you stay with the stock bore, and don't need the over-bore, you'd have to check cylinder wear when the head is off to determine if it needs to be bored out or just honed
read
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

alright, i'm a little confuse on one point. I thought if you were going to go turbo, you did not want more compression. Now if these are .5 more, than wouldn't that be bad for a turbo set up? can anyone correct me on this issue?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

it's small enough that it won't (greatly) affect a turbo setup, I'd imagine that you'd want to run a slightly smaller amount of boost when using these pistons
Old Mar 3, 2005, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, we have a direct drop on standard bore piston. No extra tuning is going to be required. A .5 point in compression isn't going to make much difference either way. For a turbo charged car 10:1 is fine, believe me, we have been building turbocharged engines for 16 years now.

Not buying a set of pistons because they are .5 more compression stock is silly, the car will work better with the increased compression.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 3, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you for answering my questions. Are there special ordering procedures to get this price?
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

well, someone has to try them out. Have a set on order. If someone wants to pay for my install i'll give you a quick write up, but realisticaly it will be some time. Now I need to save up for rods. BR doesn't sell rods for us do they???
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just give us a call to get the price.

We don't have rods and the way the pistons have sold probably won't do any. I was going when we started the pistons project.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if this is the place to ask but since you seem down on the Lancer products at this time I would like to know if you are doing anything with DYNOFLASH on the ECU flashes for our cars. He said he was working with you on one but I get the impression that you feel the Lancers are a waste of time for you.

I'd still like to get the REV limit flash I have been asking him to do for well over a year now.

You can PM me if you choose not to answer here or ask Al to please reply to this thread started here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=120612 where he mentions you.

Sorry to mix up other business in here but I need an answer if you are carrying through with it or not.

WADAD

Quick Reply: Lancer pistons on sale....