Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

ROAD/RACE-New Pricing on fuel Rails

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A little if other mods you have are leaving you starving for fuel.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've fount that the Lancer's fuel system is very restrictive. Even when NA you just don't get the fuel you should have at higher rpms. Some try to get a fuel pump to overcome this lack up top... that works a little but you still are really bogged down by the fuel rail.

It's nothing new at all... many vendors make them due to the stock systems being so restrictive. They've been doing it for decades now. For the lancer it was a mod long needed but just recently done. The bored stockers give some relief... more for NA guys but for turbo guys it's not all that great. Turbo guys run at way higher fuel pressures making the pressure drop more intense during higher rpms.

Thus turbo guys really need the magnum rail over any other. All that have it have reported a way smoother top end with more pull to redline than before.

For NA guys it's been the same results. Personally for the money i'd go magnum as it looks better. No one can tell the stocker is bored out unless you tell them and then they just look at it and shrug "umm OK?" At least with the Magnum you get some serious props.

And lets not forget if your going to go turbo then why pay twice for a mod... just go magnum. In the end if you decide NA is the way to go for you and the looks don't matter then the bored stocker suites you better and will definately be enough for your NA application/satisfaction.

Hope this helps out guys.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wish you could give us statistics than just pure word of mouth. I gotta agree though, it looks pretty nice! But I guess RRM can't afford a dyno to test their products? They just scale by instinct.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 07:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

THE FUEL RAIL IS NOT AN ITEM THAT WILL GIVE GREAT DYNO NUMBERS.

It is a support mod. If they posted a dyno, most people would say "look, they dynoed it and it barely does anything."

This is NOT a horsepower mod. This is a support mod to make your car run better.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Would it give you better 0-60 times though? I mean it should since your car will be able to perform, or speed up better since it is getting more fuel. Right?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yes, it'll make your car 0.000001 seconds faster.

Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Yes, it'll make your car 0.000001 seconds faster.

Finally I got the power I wanted!

But for real. A lot of people say they feel their car is more sluggigsh or slows down when it gets to like 4k RPM or whatever. With the fuel rail it does not do that since it is getting the fuel. If it is no longer wanting more fuel and hindering the performance, wouldn't that make the car faster?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

THE FUEL RAIL IS NOT AN ITEM THAT WILL GIVE GREAT DYNO NUMBERS.

It is a support mod. If they posted a dyno, most people would say "look, they dynoed it and it barely does anything."

This is NOT a horsepower mod. This is a support mod to make your car run better.
actually I'm more interested for a dyno on a turbo lancer more than on a N/A lancer. For an N/A car, it would be useless.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 01:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yes, it does make it faster. But in the 0-60? I don't think you're going to shave a second off, you know?

Originally Posted by initialDRacer
actually I'm more interested for a dyno on a turbo lancer more than on a N/A lancer. For an N/A car, it would be useless.
InitialD - why are you stuck on the dyno numbers?

Nevermind. You saying that it's useless on an N/A car just shows me that you don't know what you're talking about. Forget I asked.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

- Ofcourse it won't take off a second LOL.

- Blacksheep, some people just won't understand...
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supporting mods won't show you all that much on the dyno... for proof go dyno a before and after on magnacore wires!

Seriously though it's cool to ask for dyno's especially if the person doesn't fully understand the mod. However in this case, like with the magnacore plug wires, a dyno isn't needed. This is a supporting mod to get you were you want to be... as fast as possible.

The rail will smooth out the power curve at higher rpms so the pull will be more confident translating to a smoother/faster pull. In the end you may not gain more than a tenth in the quarter but a tenth gain that keeps your motor safe and happy is better than a half second gain that blows it up due to a lack of fuel to support your mods.

Last edited by Boeturbolancer; Jun 24, 2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Yes this is a Supporting mod...you will not gain horsepower. The reasoning behind getting a larger fuel rail is similar to buying a larger fuel pump when you are starting to max out the stock pump. Adding a Walboro 255 fuel pump won;t give you more power, but it will ensure your engine is getting enough fuel and not leaning out at high RPMs. A fuel rail in one way or another helps make sure adequate fuel gets to the engine too.

Hope that helps sort the confusion out.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Alright! Installation is in the morning! Can't wait. It's gonna be FUN. LOL.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:48 PM

Side by side comparison:

Big bore fuel rail: holds a bunch of fuel
Magnum fuel rail: holds a fu*k-ton of fuel

Old Jun 25, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Installed it this morning.

Took about 1 1/2 hours. Pretty easy, just follow instructions. LOL.

The longest part I had was loosing one of the injector clip seals and having to look for it for 20 minutes just to find out it wasn't in the injector clip, but in the connector that connects to the injector.

Only real tricky part was putting in the 4mm allen bolts. You had to move them around to find the hole since you can't see it through te rail. That took about 5 minutes to do then got those bolts in.

No O-rings or anything broke. As long as you are easy with them they should be ok. I have 68k miles on my car so it's all good.

New rail looks awesome in there. I didn't get any install pics since I was kind of greasy and didn't have time to stop and get the camera. I can take some installed photos though, and I will.

Oh ya one thing to add to the installation. Install the new silicone hose for the FPR before you put the new rail in. Once that thing is in, it is so big, it is hard to get to things under it.

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE-New Pricing on fuel Rails