Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, i know that obviously, but dont you think its alittle strange that he is offering a brake upgrade only for 16inch rims and up and the stock rims are 15 inch?....i just thought he might have made a mistake since i am the only one in this entire forum that opts to stay with the stock rims because they are the lightest most durable rims i can find. God, why cant anything for this car go as im planning it to...
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

****er! id get em if i could sell the 500 dollars worth of brake parts i just got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FEEL THE RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! anyone wanna buy two calipers and two rotors ill sell em sepratly calipers go for 300 a peice and the rotors are 100 a peice ill sell em cheap i wanted big brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ralliart
. . . i am the only one in this entire forum that opts to stay with the stock rims because they are the lightest most durable rims i can find . . .
i know that there are 16" rims that are lighter than our stock 15's. and even so, i think that having 15" rims on the lancers look too small, i'd at least get some 16" rims.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by ralliart
yes, i know that obviously, but dont you think its alittle strange that he is offering a brake upgrade only for 16inch rims and up and the stock rims are 15 inch?....i just thought he might have made a mistake since i am the only one in this entire forum that opts to stay with the stock rims because they are the lightest most durable rims i can find. God, why cant anything for this car go as im planning it to...
But with 16" wheels you can go much wider with tires too. Anyway, I don't think there's much clearance in those 15"s. With the stock wheels and brakes it's still somewhat tight.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have a brake option for the stock wheels, but its just rotors. BTW... a 17 inch Superleggera weights slightly less then the factory wheel. Also, the calipers are anodized black. They look like they are purple in the picture but they are black. They are also forged not billet (if anyone cares about that)
Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:58 PM

You guys are killing me...i need new tires...was gonna get rims and tires with my tax refund and now you come out with the one thing i've been wanting for a while...freakin crap!!...just let me get something straight this isn't a one time deal right...these ten are just what you need to get wilwood to make the kit readily available...so in a couple months after i get my rims i can call RMR and get this kit?...hopefully with some red calipers?...but i'll settle for anything as long *** i can still get the kit two months from now
Old Feb 25, 2003, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

If we get 10 orders, then yes your right. But if we can't get those first 10, then there will be no kits. Its kind of up to you guys. We are pushing them as hard as we can, but its really up to you guys. You can do it! The kit works very well. I have driven on many large brake upgrades and this is one of the better kits.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 02:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Blair or whoever's doing the posting now, would you be so kind as to keep us updated on how many sign up? I kinda took the liberty of extending the offer to the Automotive Forums people (obviously hoping to draw more interest).
Old Feb 25, 2003, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

So far I have 2 confirmed orders.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

I will try and get enough money together to buy some 17inch Oz's but i doubt i will be able to...if i can buy those rims then ill get the brake kit, ill keep you posted.....

by the way, the stock rims are about 13.4 lbs or maybe 14lbs, the only rim i know of thats 17inches and lighter than these stock rims are volk Te37's i believe and CE28N's
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

what about the Gramlite's?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

we're getting off topic, if you want to discuss this, PM me, but lets stick to brake confirmations.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 11:15 PM

I want all four to be like that...but very nice
Old Feb 26, 2003, 09:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Bump for a good cause.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

bump...
cuz im one out of the two on the list......

Quick Reply: Wilwood Front Big Brake Kit