Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

Lancer owners who want 13-15 whp and 12 ft lb torque for cheap , READ THIS !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2003, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course Boe is against this mod, its not from RRM......

To be honest, not many products from our Lancers have dyno sheets to back them up, from ANY company. Plus tuners can easily manipulate dyno pulls to say whatever they want. Its as easy as changing parameters on a computer.

In short, dont attack the guy, hes trying to help out. Plus its just another company making items for the Lancer, and that cant be a bad thing. Who gives a **** indeed Boe....
Old Aug 27, 2003, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

i dont see what the big deal is. u guys attacked boe like he was a comen theff so he came off a little harsh but it was a good point. i would like to see some dyno #'s on this. if its true than i would consider getting it. for the simple fact i dont have an ecu upgrade yet and i would like to get one.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

No one is attacking Boe. We would all like to see dyno results so see what you can do OZrallyguy.

It doesn't matter the mods just post your findings. It would be the same scenario in the other case. There is no before and after. Just the result.

WADAD
Old Aug 28, 2003, 07:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WADAD is exactly right... i don't care who makes the product i just want to protect people.

In Fact i have a great deal of knowledge on the Federal Trade Act laws... They specify exactly what all people know... if it comes from the factory its considered a manufacturer part... it also stipulates that if, at time of purchase, alternate parts are installed by the seller they are considered manufacturer parts. Thus they are covered under warranty. Aftermarket parts installed by anyone else after purchase are not covered by seller of vehicle. If they have met OEM complience then they are a replacement item that should not void out warranty unless failure can be proven they were cause. Even then the warranty in question is that of the seller of the product not the manufacturer of the car. Furthering that the law has an Addendum clause... or ability to be changed via contractual obligation. This means that the contract you sign when buying the car superseeds the law where specified. Ever read the contract on your car. It states you are not allowed to make any changes to the car without written authorization from the lein holder. They actually own the car till you pay it off. If you didn't buy the car with the items on it then anything you put on it not only voids your warranty but also defaults your contract. When you default your contract the leinholder could ask for all money owed on the spot or repo the car.

This is some light reading for those who would like to know exactly what the law states and how it is interpreted. Thanks for the homework OZRALLY...

All in all a big company like JET should produce their own results or pay for them to be done. Not give you a deal on them where yours is free if you sell 10 or more... or something along those lines. Not accussing you of anything but Jet has had their ups and downs and before people start getting into this i think results need to be seen and verified.

Tristar said i don't like it cause its not rrm... that isn't true at all... i have nothing to hide and no gains to be had on this. Never in my posting did i mention RRM or anyone else... this is OZ's vendor post and that is not being respectful to him. All i did was point out that the matter is a little shakky as i've personnally talked with jet before and just recently. My findings made me not want to go any further with the product... since OZRally did i find it is my task to ensure this product is in fact good/reliable/worth the cost! I look out for the lancer community more than i should at times but they were there for me when i first started out and now that i'm where i'm at i owe it to them and many others to keep things right.

False advertising by butt dyno's and non-factual based results lead to bad things. Many People have had issues with other vendors because of this. This is what we need to stop before it's to late.

I'm done posting here... my point is made and seen.

Last edited by Boeturbolancer; Aug 28, 2003 at 07:42 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

So the difference between the RRM and Jet ECU's is that RRM makes the changes going through a harness or sorts, never opening the ECU, whereas Jet opens the ECu and put in a chip. Is this correct? So therefor they can both have the same effect, just different methods of getting there.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Boe, I will say this as nice as I can. Please shut up ! Fact is I bought this ECU upgrade before I was selling it and it DEFINATELY incresed my hp and torque. I loved it from day one. I just wanted to share that because I was getting endless pms from members who saw it in my registry. You are completely over anylizing this. It is A/F and timing adjustments at safe levels. Just chill out man. Go bother another vendor trying to offer more products, PLEASE !!
Old Aug 29, 2003, 07:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Hey i'll back off but just keep things honest... don't go quoting laws unless you fully know them... JET is a big company and has done many things for many cars. Having there products isn't a bad thing and you selling them isn't either. Just don't want people getting decieved into thinking they will be covered if something goes wrong. Are you willing to cover them and back up your claims with your own money if something happens?? Aftermarket parts are a touchy area for manufactures and warranty coverages. Making them seem like they are not is false advertising/deception! Lets just leave it at that and as i've said i'll back off.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

In a nutshell, unless mits. could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the ecu upgrade did the damge , they have to cover you under warranty. This is a very strict law passed by the Federal Trade Comission. Try out www.sema.org and do a search for the magnuson / moss act.
Old Aug 29, 2003, 08:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Right and in both of those it is actually in favor of the manufacturer as far as operating the car out of designed perameters. This is where the oem specifications and certifications come into play. All mitsu has to say is the engine got to hot or detonated which could be caused by altered timing and fuel perameters. This is what many manufactures have done time and time again to many guys and Jet left them high and dry as Jet refused to believe their product was at fault. Sure you could take them to court but mitsu would prove its point and so would Jet. Then the court would find that you moded the car in a way not conforming to oem specifications so you were at fault. I think you need to do Your homework on this. If you want me to go further i will. I was trying to leave this be but you still seem intent on pushing this. JUST get up some dyno's from you or preferebly JET themselves and let others choose what to buy. They can already read here that the warranty is at stake and STOP decieving people into thinking it will not be. To further this anymore will truly kill this thread and i don't want that to happen. I've said what needed to be heard so i'll leave it at that AS LONG AS YOU DO!
Old Aug 29, 2003, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Always one to have the last word, I remember a reply made a few back where you said you were done here, that you have been seen and heard. And yet you continued to fire back.

My question now is are you sure this is an issue with Jet or your pride??? This vendor does not need your or anyone elses crap. It is a free country, and will continue to be one. People are free to buy or not buy anything that they want to. If the claims are untrue about this product, it would not be the first or the last. The fact that you continue to fight is laughable. At this point you could care less about the people who would or might buy the product, you care about being heard. Thats not the point of the thread.

I feel bad for the vendor involved, and Jets rep. on these boards. I feel though that this is an arguement between you and the vendor, and perhaps it should be continued at another place. One could just as easily bring up the numourous cars that have blown up using an RRM turbo kit in any of the threads pertaining to the kit, but they dont. I feel the same respect should be paid to DRC and Jet. The original point was made by you, Boe, and that was enough. To bicker is just going to get more people pissed off.

Last edited by Tristar; Aug 30, 2003 at 12:35 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

maybe this was already answered, but i dint feel like reading threw everything. Will this work on AUTO lancers, or just manual?

thanks
Old Sep 3, 2003, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Auto or manual !!
Old Sep 3, 2003, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Still no numbers yet huh??
Old Sep 3, 2003, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

No , it will be a while before I get my car dynoed. When I bought mine, I really didn't think of dyno numbers I just knew that JET had a great reputation and adjusting my a/f and advancing timing was what I was looking for. I just spent the money for it and was suprized with what I got in return. I'll just leave it at that for now. I am happy and just wanted to offer it to my fellow members. It may be a while before I get numbers but I stand behind it whether I sell fifty or none !
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Much respect to boe, he's got a *****in setup, but I think DCR's got an awesome product he's tryin to get out there. If i had the cash and a few more mods I'd be up for the ecu as Dustin's a great vendor and I've bought products from him before. If people want to buy a product, do research on it. We all own lancers, lets not turn this into a cage match.