Notices
Lancer Vendor Classifieds See what special deals and offers our vendors have going on! These vendors have registered their Tax ID and other pertinent information so you can be more assured when purchasing items.

New Products Availble!! Check out Site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thing is interesting..it seems to be truthful too..

one thing i was wondering is why do you need two of those for car with engines bigger than 2.6L?

And how loud is it? i saw that little video clip on the tuning of the thing and it seemed kinda loud, with the hood down and car in park, if you rev it, can you hear the device at all?
Old Jan 13, 2004, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

Yes, you need 2 for anything over 1600cc. I don't know if it works with a Turbo either.

As for noise, yes you hear it inside the car. It is sort of a faint weeze, but is is audible. You get used to it. In fact the weezing lets you know it's still working properly. If it doesn't make noise then you have to readjust. It only makes noise on de-accelleration or when the car is reving down. Not when you gas the car. It only lasts for a few seconds. I haven't tried the little silencer/filter but that would seem to at least cut the noise in half. But it isn't that bothersome in the first place, especially when you have Parada Spec 2 tires, an Intake, DC Sports Twin Canisister exhaust and the CD player going.

As I've said, it has added 2-4mpg per tank so far which means I'm saving a little money. If gas keeps going up it is sure to pay for itself even quicker. If it didn't work I wouldn't sell it. I was under no pressure to give it a good review as they gave it to me to try. So if it was a joke, I wouldn't even try to sell it.

Hope that helps. I'm still working on getting my supply here. pricing has yet to made, but with the Sterling Pound killing the U.S. Dollar, the exchange rate is not in our favor. PM me for more info.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

interesting, i would get this but dont know how well it would work with my aftermarket turbo :\
Old Jan 15, 2004, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

I've read every damn word that is on their site regarding the CB-26P. I personally have the belief that this device will impove emissions, gas mileage and to a small extent, performance. I have a buddy in the UK whom has one of these and he swears by it (not at it, for it).

(Q) How does the device work?

(A) The device injects very small amounts of agitated air into the inlet manifold at certain specific pressures. This causes turbulence in the induction gasses which creates a better suspension of fuel molecules and thus better combustion, producing a more efficient and cleaner burn.

For those who are interested in what it looks like installed and what it sounds like, check out these links (first is broadband, second is dialup):

http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk/Video/cb26_bband.wmv
http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk/Video/cb26_56k.wmv

For tuning details, here:

http://www.ecotekplc.co.uk/fitting_i...ons.htm#tuning

Heres the unit.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 15, 2004, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

(Q) Does the device work on cars with a Turbo?

(A) Yes - Turbo charged cars work using a pump to increase manifold pressure which forces the fuel air mixture into the combustion chamber. This extra pressure shuts off the CB-26P device and accordingly it is inoperative whilst the engine is under boost. However it will be effective at all other times as with normally aspirated cars. With many Turbo cars, non-Turbo performance can be a bit sluggish - many find that the improved response from the Ecotek considerably improves the driveability of their cars.
Attached Thumbnails New Products Availble!! Check out Site-installed.jpg  
Old Jan 15, 2004, 05:13 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the help. I just put my order in. Coming from England so it will be a week or so.

One edit: The unit works on all engines up to 2.6L which is 2600cc. I had put 1600cc. My bad.

Price has yet to be set, but with the dollar taking a beating my currency exchange rate wasn't very good. So I'll figure prices once I get the invoice.

Still with gas prices inching ever higher, this will become a real money saver. I'm paying nearly $2 per gallon for Premium in Chicago, so just imagine what it might get to as the springtime comes. We may see $2.50 gas prices or higher.

Interested? PM me. I'll keep all in the know.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:58 PM
Account Disabled

Here is a pic of the CB-26P on my car. It is on the brake vacuum line about 12" from the intake manifold. have to sort of point it down or it hits on the strut bar and makes a noise way more anoying than the "bov" noise.

Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

hear are few more photos of my new products

This is the Hypervoltage System
I took out the CF heatshield to find a place to attach the unit. This worked out great. Plus the stupid heat sheild didnt' do anything anyway. (see the hyperground wires too)

Last edited by tswift; Jan 15, 2004 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:03 PM
Account Disabled

Hyperground kit installed too:

Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

how hard would it be to install?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:10 PM
Account Disabled

none of it is hard at all. the ground wires require one extra 12mm bolt. I found two extra tapped holes to use as grounds. If you look I've moved the engine pick up to the right side, there is an extra hole, and if you look in the hypervoltage pic, you can see where I put a wire to the trans. That is where I put the extra bolt.

CB-26P takes 2 minutes to put on. Cut the hose, put on the clamps. Takes a couple minutes to set the unit but not hard at all.

Hypervoltage, if you dont' have good place for it Like I found, you might attach it to the battery shield on the outside. That took 5 minutes. Hardest part was find the right spot to put it.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 08:28 PM
Account Disabled

For those interested, I will be receiving my first shipment next week. I have red, blue and gold coming.

With gas prices looking to go up, this is a way to keep a few dollars in you pocket.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
def. gives ur prices on the it, i'd be interested in a blue one if they aren't to much. im also saving for the dynoscan tool might be a little while though...lol damn college and girlfriend taking all my money
Old Jan 22, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

tswift -- any news on the pricing of these? I'm interested in what the device itself will cost and how much more mullaa the silencer will be.

dig
Old Jan 22, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would u want to get rid of the silencer?? it sounds so cool!!

Quick Reply: New Products Availble!! Check out Site