Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

05 Impreza 2.5RS vs 05 Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jinx!
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh, the OZ...thats what it was. Sorry about that guys! I guess I should have done a bit more reseach before I opened my mouth I just remembered some review on the "hot rod" lancer in C&D a few years back and I thought it was the Ralliart...forgot about the OZ.

Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by A418t81

The Ralliart seems to really be a poser. 0-60 in over 8 seconds, crappy handling, and drum brakes in the back.....and its supposed to be the wrx's "competition".
dude, YOU SUCK!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Suby.

EDIT: other than the EVO & STi choice, I'll choose suby for all other mitsu/suby comparisons.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
dude, YOU SUCK!
whoa whoa! it was an honest mistake. it's all good.

Mitsu hasn't done much to really promote their image anyways, besides give us that new "best backed cars" commercial. No promotion in schools, malls, billboards. It's easy to get mixed up.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

anyone find the Ralliart has a better suspension set up than the 2.5RS?
I found the Ralliart to be really tight and aggressive.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dugrant153
anyone find the Ralliart has a better suspension set up than the 2.5RS?
I found the Ralliart to be really tight and aggressive.
The 2.5rs suspension is softer and much easier ride than the RA. The RA is under the evo but the 2.5rs is under the wrx and wrx under the sTI, so it get the weakness of both of the 3 cars. ONLY buy the 2.5rs for its AWD when it comes to weather conditions, beside that... the RA owns it in every category (including looks IMO).

Also mitsubishi has been promoting all there rides, in my GamePro, Electronic Gaming Monthely, Entertainment Weekly and such, I always see ads for the RA, Eclipse and Evo.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

well, I'm concerned about rain and snow.
we get quite a bit of rain (it was pouring today with heavy winds), but snow is just occasionally.

I'm thinking some good summers (rain and dry) and a set of winters should be good. Although, we have a lot of hills that get covered in snow, but I'm hoping good snow tires will help with that.

The cool thing about the AWD is the ability to power the rear tires, meaning you can rotate the car easier, right? (power slide)
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:44 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Not really. Evo guys would know better, but I don't think it's very easy to powerslide an AWD car, especially an underpowered one like the RS. Takes a lot of torque to unlock 4 wheels at once.

As for tires, the RA handles rain well, and I'm hoping it'll handle the snow just fine with snow tires. I'll let ya'll know after our first big snow. Even the stock crap RS-A tires, even though they don't have great traction, they don't hydroplane in puddles, either. The RA should handle fantasticly in any weather once the right set of tires are on it.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

does the 2.5RS "feels" heavier b/c of the AWD? I've read that their 0-60 numbers are quite comparable (very close, with the Ralliart being just a smidge faster). My drive of the Subaru lineup has led me to believe that you don't get that "furious" acceleration feeling like in a well-torqued (Ralliart, Spec V) FWD car... and it seems a bit slower too.

Glad to hear that the RA is a pretty good handler!
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:54 PM

I just got a 05 2.5RS with the sport package. It is by far the better looking of the two and handles decent. AWD in PA is very important and since the Evo and Mustang dont play in the winter the Suby gets the job DONE!!! Looks exactly like a WRX and most people think it is except for the badging. Get the Suby if you have any sort of Winter!!!!
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

how DOES the 2.5RS handling compare to the Ralliart?
people say the stock Impreza suspension has some major body roll, but I've seen pics of Ralliarts with major body roll.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

if you want to look more into the 2.5RS, pick up a copy of SubieSport. They're starting a 2.5RS project to out perform the STi on track.. and options like forced introduction is totaly out of the question. from the looks of what these guys are saying, the 2.5rs has some nice potential

edit; just thought of somthing.. the 2.5RS has the same chasis and framework with teh wrx rite? so basicly u can use WRX aftermarket parts and place them on the 2.5RS (springs,shocks..etc..) please correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited by X_Dragon; Jan 7, 2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

From reviews I've read, it seems both the 2.5RS and the Lancer Ralliart have a tendency to "push" in tight turns.

Would the AWD of the 2.5RS be able to rotate it a bit better?
Old Apr 5, 2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by X_Dragon
edit; just thought of somthing.. the 2.5RS has the same chasis and framework with teh wrx rite? so basicly u can use WRX aftermarket parts and place them on the 2.5RS (springs,shocks..etc..) please correct me if i'm wrong
The same as both the WRX and the same as the WRX/STi...

I am, by the way, also the publisher of Subiesport magazine and the guy in charge of the 2005 2.5RS project.

Quick Reply: 05 Impreza 2.5RS vs 05 Lancer Ralliart