Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

CVT- anyone, anyone.... good

Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVT- anyone, anyone.... good

i was reading an ad for the new ford 500, and i saw that it offered a CVT or continuously variable transmission. i know that audi was/is doing this in the A6 as well, and i am curious if anyone has actually driven "a car without gears". if you have, i would like to know your feedback. i am pretty impressed with the concept, but am really curious how it feels to the driver. and as i live in a small town am not in the position to drive one/borrow one to drive. thanks
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

all these car buffs and no one can tell me what a decreasing radius turn in an CVT equipped car fells like. your killing me guys, dont make me go to the ford dealership and tell them i am trading in my evo for a new 500. j/k excuse me while i slit my wrists for emplying that even in a joking manner.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

There are several cars out there that have been offering CVT transmissions. If I remember correctly, you can even get one on a new Mini cooper. BMW offers test drives with no problems so if you have one near by, you can experience it yourself.

Search this Thread