Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

unlucky or lucky STI guy

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2005, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evodave
holy crap
dang!!
Old May 29, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's the kind of stuff that's happening here in L.A. I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the story:
I got shot at on Minnesotta Blvd (heading North) right next to the Raspberry exit, 7-8 bullet holes visible and 3 holes in my jacket...I only have a scrape on my left arm where a bullet grazed me. Think of Pulp Fiction when I say I am lucky to be alive and wound free where my jacket has 2 holes near the right shoulder and neck area.

I traded in my 04 Blue STi last Monday (05/16/05) for a Grey Metallic 05 STi at Lybergers.

I have absolutely no idea of who, what or why. Here are the facts.

I got on from O'Malley, I was behind a Subaru Wagon and there was one or 2 cars in front of it. We were all travelling in the right hand lane. Somewhere past 100th but before Dimond I noticed a set of headlights in the rearview (the 05 STi has the classic manual dimmer fyi) that were riding my ****. I just ignored them and drove as normal. As I approached the Raspberry Exit I noticed the car heading towards the shoulder/exit. I was assuming they were just in a hurry and were getting off at Raspberry.....

Glass breaking and my arm stinging...me ducking and slamming on the brakes follows. I look up and see some tail lights that are not from a Subaru driving away and I look right to see no cars on the Raspberry exit. I drive through the grass to get to the exit lane and speed to a neighborhood where I call 911. I was not going to stop unless I knew the cops where wherever I stopped at. Long story short I waited at a dead end of a road while on the phone with the operator until the cops arrived.

What disturbs me most is I have no idea why this happened and it is unsettling as the only thing different is the car..so If anyone can or is willing to inform me (for piece of mind) anything regarding any other STi's (maybe Grey Metallic) or any thing so I can feel safe driving that car around again. I don't expect anything to come of this but it is also a warning that 2 shootings (one happened the night before mine) took place between Jewel Lake and Minnesota near Raspberry. It was around 12-1am FYI.

I also need a recommendation on where to take the car, bullet holes in all seats, front windshield, passenger fender, hood, top of car, radiator, both rear door windows gone and of course the cops chipped some paint on the drivers side (all shots were from the passenger side to the front of the car) also after they took off the back seat for some reason my rear passenger door will not latch.....Continental is an option and with the amount of damage and the fact it is new I would not like to have to deal with non OEM replacements as I might just lose the car. Driving around in it at night is gonna freak me out if a car rides my *** and in the STi people like to try and get a rise out of me as it is.

Thanks for letting me vent and here is my info, any thing may be sent anon as I need piece of mind, I'll let the cops work on the rest. The only other known detail is they found casings for a .45 and 9mm so this was more than one person in the car.

Derrick M. Smith
351-9038
keepitalive@gmail.com (thinking of changing it to keepMEalive@gmail.com
or PM me
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776976

Glad to see that he's ok! Hope he can get the car fix soon, even though it is an STi. My dumb a$s would've went after the car that shot me.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:12 PM

musta smoked an evo or somethin and their out for vengance

jk yea thatd be scary.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

man i would be pissed if some one shot my car, but i would be running away like a little girl.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

see what happens when you buy an sti
Old May 29, 2005, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo81
see what happens when you buy an sti
it's getting old dude
Old May 29, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtI4
it's getting old dude
damn
Old May 29, 2005, 10:54 PM

Wow!!! Lucky to be alive...
Old May 29, 2005, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Synter
man i would be pissed if some one shot my car, but i would be running away like a little girl.
lol like that wayans brother i forget his name, marlon or somethin..

in dont be a menace at the end at the shoot out hes like SHANEEKWA.................CALL ME!! then he bolts off.

thatd be what id do, scream like a ***** and get the **** outta there
Old May 29, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that is terrible. I would say he must've pissed someone off but it doesn't sound like it from the story. Must be a really rough neighborhood. Time to mount a 12GA rack in that STi!
Old May 29, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

kinda weird cuz judging from the pics, it looks like he was shot at by someone in front of him off the freeway. he said he was exiting the off ramp and he was shot at on the passenger side and the angles look like they came from in front of him
Old May 30, 2005, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Glad you are ok man, I completely feel you about the random shootings. I live in the area where the sniper shootings took place, THAT WAS SOME SKURRY JUNXS!!!
Old May 30, 2005, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Enyth
kinda weird cuz judging from the pics, it looks like he was shot at by someone in front of him off the freeway. he said he was exiting the off ramp and he was shot at on the passenger side and the angles look like they came from in front of him
hmm.. interesting observations, my friend.

yep, he was definitely cruising for a bruising.
Old May 30, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

DAM! Dude got shot at! that must suck...........

Quick Reply: unlucky or lucky STI guy