Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Motorex GT-R Importer(s) go to jail!!! Info inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Well, this will either open up the market for them to be imported by others, or it will make it a royal PITA for anyone else to import them in the future.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't care if these guys were crooked or not but they were the only chance for someone to bring a skyline here legally. Now we all can just droul at the ones that are here and the prices will go up through the roof for them.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:11 PM

People need to share the love of cars with others instead of being greedy and forcing others out of business. I guess these got back what they have done scewing many others out for years.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Lock on the market? How? They were committing fraud since the get go. The government may move at a glacial pace but they do eventually catch up to you.

I'm a skeptical person by nature, but I knew something very shady was going on with Motorex. Let's put Motorex in perspective. In one corner, Bill Gates, the largest taxpayer in the world, could not get the DOT to approve a Porsche 959 for road use even after offering several examples for crash testing. He threw millions of dollars at the government and got NOWHERE. So how the hell did Motorex and any other "importer" get around an impossibly buraeucratic, unmovable federal department so readily?

I think all of these "importers" will topple with time.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:34 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
What was he actually charged with?
Lots of stuff. I don't think he'll be out for a while. I have no idea what the story is behind these charges either.

Count Charge Code Charge Description** Disposition Disposition Date
01 524 PC ATTEMPTED EXTORTION * *
02 664-207(A) PC ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING * *
03 245(A)(1) PC ASSAULT W DEADLY WEAPON/INSTR. * *
04 244.5(B) PC ASSAULT W/STUN GUN OR TASER * *
05 140(A) PC THREATENING A WITNESS *
Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by UFO
Lots of stuff. I don't think he'll be out for a while. I have no idea what the story is behind these charges either.

Count Charge Code Charge Description** Disposition Disposition Date
01 524 PC ATTEMPTED EXTORTION * *
02 664-207(A) PC ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING * *
03 245(A)(1) PC ASSAULT W DEADLY WEAPON/INSTR. * *
04 244.5(B) PC ASSAULT W/STUN GUN OR TASER * *
05 140(A) PC THREATENING A WITNESS *
Ouch! Reading the LA court report, he's a little guy too-5'10 160lbs, seems he has a long and pretty painful time in the box coming.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

if hes cornering the market.. couldnt he be charged with monopoly also.. i know thats illegal also
Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thugline
I wonder if "RBmotoring" will be effected by this as well

you should realize that rb motoring is nothing but a shell.. Its a business name.. all cars came from motorex.. shaun was the guy over at rb he used to work for motorex till they got in a blow out.. then he started rb but remained pretty cool with the guys from motorex so thats where he got his stuff. It's funny cause the same thing happened to cameron weildreyer. He's the guy that owned
"night7racing" in AZ.. I actually ended up with all of his stuff and garnered a deal with a shop here....

P.S. not that anybody gives a damn but I have an RB20 in my s13.. nissan motors rock.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Since you veered off topic I will... (and I'm drunk) Our RB26DETT powered 1993 240SX went 12.20s at 117+mph with no suspension and an open diff. If only we had known back then McKinney wasn't calling for polite convo but to rip us off...we could have patented that damned kit.

PS nissan steering columns suck to reposition. Just F.Y.I. But we're down to do it again. Not drunk, mind you.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

lol.. rock on man
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Google
Lock on the market? How? They were committing fraud since the get go. The government may move at a glacial pace but they do eventually catch up to you.

I'm a skeptical person by nature, but I knew something very shady was going on with Motorex. Let's put Motorex in perspective. In one corner, Bill Gates, the largest taxpayer in the world, could not get the DOT to approve a Porsche 959 for road use even after offering several examples for crash testing. He threw millions of dollars at the government and got NOWHERE. So how the hell did Motorex and any other "importer" get around an impossibly buraeucratic, unmovable federal department so readily?

I think all of these "importers" will topple with time.
yea, they tried to totally manopolize the market, which is why they charged damn near double the price... plus the whole "legel" thing is bs, it's a bunch of totally fabricated papers that if shown to a police officer would be laughed at, and when the time came to get that bad boy smogged, don't expect it to... there are places like j-garage.com that actually have reasonable prices, though they don't provide registration-type papers...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lowness
:tears:

Here is a Motorex Skyline R34 at a Houston car meet.

Everything about that car is hot. That was my lotto dream car. To think that I would ever spend a 90-100 grand on a car is bananas unless you have the actual career to do it. Plus don't forget the money to maintain it. 50 ok 90 to 100 not ok. As far as those dudes getting busted, oh well, if you know you're doing something shady, that's called paying the piper. I just wonder what will happen to those people that already bought their skylines from them. I guess they aren't legal to drive now?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

i'm wondering what the fallout is going to be as well. there's a guy here in little ol charleston, sc that has a r34. were they not doing the modifications?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
So what happens to the people that bought them and got them registered? Do they pull the registration? I would be furious if I bought a car on the premise of it being legalized and then found out at a later date after it had been on the road for years I would have to stop driving it.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
well there's always Evolution Imports....... yeah right
we delievered our 34 to its customer in PA

Quick Reply: Motorex GT-R Importer(s) go to jail!!! Info inside!!!