Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Cool SRT-4 Video.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
Leave the movie making to the professionals (perhaps giving them too much credit) but still. I think the video was cheesy. Thats my opinion, deal with it. If you love it all power to you, Im not going to tell you your wrong...to each his own.

SRT is in no way shape or form a rival to the Evo - at least its not cross shopped like the STi is. The SRT is simply a reincarnation of the Dodge Omni Turbo, a POS that when modded could smoke the latest Mustang or Camaro of its time - pretty cool if thats your thing.

The Evo might be cheap in many ways but its got a global reputation of being one of the best performing cars regardless of price and the perennial super car slayer in minimally modded form.
When did i say i liked the video? I'm talking about the car itself. You're one of those who simply bash something you've never experienced. In stock form, the evo didnt impress me except the tires. Stock SRT-same thing. Mod it a bit, and now we're talking (this goes for both cars). I have a S2 SRT4 and against the evo (in general) i like the SRT better as a car that I can own, have fun, and daily drive. Less problems, no Mitsu dealership hassles, the interior quality is actually better in my opinion except the steering wheel and seats of an evo. Feels more sturdy. The evo of course has the AWD and the "SURPRISE TURBO!" feel, and is more respected, but I don't care who respects my car. Once i pull a few cars on you its respect either way. Is the SRT a better car than the evo? Obviously not. But its a nice car. As some mags would say: its a RSX with a turbocharger and 2 extra doors. And whats the comment wit the stangs and camaro supposd to mean? So you think the evos are beyond the stang and camaros field? BS to the fullest. Lets see you try and smoke a Supercharged Saleen, modified SS Camaro, modded Cobras, etc. with a slightly modded evo. I've pulled a few modded SS camaros a little harder than i did with my modified Evo(from a roll)
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Where did I say you like the video?

Never said Evos are beyond blah blah blah....your putting words into my mouth - again.

I would smoke a charged Saleen. Shelby with 500 ponies cant hang with a v400 Evo IX (as is mine) 0-60 and you expect a charged tank with a Saleen badge to do better? Doubtful but frankly I dont give a $hit whos faster. I just like my car and enjoy driving it. If a Neon SRT owner pulls up...thats cool. Same for Cobra, same for whatever. Drive what you like.

My goal is to own some of the best drivers cars on the planet. The Evo is second on my list, the first was an S54 M Coupe, the third will be either a 997 GT3 or Turbo. Needless to say the Neon is not on my list. Nor is any Mustang - I've owned 3 including a Cobra but they all were POS's IMO. Hopefully I will stop at the P car because I will run out of money otherwise.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

That movie was put together pretty well i thought, But it sucked cause it was full of a bunch of lame SRT's. To make that video 100% better they need to show them dumb skittles blowing up!!!

Matt
Old Aug 23, 2006, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
Where did I say you like the video?

Never said Evos are beyond blah blah blah....your putting words into my mouth - again.

I would smoke a charged Saleen. Shelby with 500 ponies cant hang with a v400 Evo IX (as is mine) 0-60 and you expect a charged tank with a Saleen badge to do better? Doubtful but frankly I dont give a $hit whos faster. I just like my car and enjoy driving it. If a Neon SRT owner pulls up...thats cool. Same for Cobra, same for whatever. Drive what you like.

My goal is to own some of the best drivers cars on the planet. The Evo is second on my list, the first was an S54 M Coupe, the third will be either a 997 GT3 or Turbo. Needless to say the Neon is not on my list. Nor is any Mustang - I've owned 3 including a Cobra but they all were POS's IMO. Hopefully I will stop at the P car because I will run out of money otherwise.
Ok i see youre in LA. Wanna run a SC Saleen?? I got a buddy with a SC Saleen down there. I can try and track him down since u can "smoke them". I've seen him run a 430whp(dynojet) sti and eat him alive after 2nd so hope ur v400 does you well. If you're down for it, I can look for him because I don't have his #, but only if youre serious. My SRT is a daily driver i needed for work and to have a little bit of fun from time to time. My original plan was to go straight for the Viper, but didn't make sense to get at this time in my life. I dont think an SRT is on anyone's dream car list seeing its a car within reach being so cheap and affordable. Its the price of a new accord(or cheaper). Since we're naming dream cars, mine are: SRT10 SC or TT-Viper, mint condition 98 Supra, C6 Z06-TT, and the new M5 or M3 as a daily driver. Evo is a fun car, but it looks too "boy-toyish" and i'm sure you know exactly what i mean. Its more than just the wing. An Evo is a car I'd put in the age range of 17-23, but the price range doesnt necessarily meet that age range all the time. If i wanted a full track car, i'd prob choose an evo or a Lotus exige no doubt.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostfedevo
That movie was put together pretty well i thought, But it sucked cause it was full of a bunch of lame SRT's. To make that video 100% better they need to show them dumb skittles blowing up!!!

Matt
Do you hear yourself?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

part of that is from this video
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2507579644.htm
its put together pretty well and its not that bad of acting. sucks the srt4 is a neon, but you should still give them respect. most of the owners are pretty stupid though.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

yea, i was just posting that ^, its a factory promo vid for the SRT-4 i saw a while ago...notice the neon in that part is yellow..