Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

American Brand takes WRC Title for first time since 1979

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Brand takes WRC Title for first time since 1979

Marcus Gronholm’s sixth victory of the year gave Ford the World Rally Championship for manufacturers for the first time since 1979.

Gronholm dominated the all-gravel Rally New Zealand, while Citroën’s newly-crowned drivers’ champion Sebastien Loeb continued to recuperate from his broken arm at home. The second Ford Focus of Mikko Hirvonen followed his team leader home in second place.

There was a fierce battle for the final podium place. Peugeot driver Manfred Stohl was third after day one, but lost the position when it rained heavily on the second leg. The Austrian made a disastrous tire choice in the tricky conditions, allowing Citroën’s young charger Dani Sordo to pass him. When it stopped raining, Stohl gained the upper hand once more and claimed his second successive podium finish.

See the rest of the article at this link: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../61120028/1001

View Ford WRC Video Clip: http://www.ford.co.uk/opera/rally/-/rally_intro/-/-/-/-
Old Nov 27, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

God I hate SpeedTV. They feel that NASCRAP is more important. Speed used to be good before Fox executives bought it. I wish I could have seen the season.

Good on Ford for doing well with WRC though.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mmelmann
God I hate SpeedTV. They feel that NASCRAP is more important. Speed used to be good before Fox executives bought it. I wish I could have seen the season.

Good on Ford for doing well with WRC though.
Yeah, really! I remember when Speed Vision used to be a premium cable channel. I got digital cable just so I could get Speed Vision. Not two months later, and Fox Network bought Speed Vision and castrated it. I knew right then and there that it was going to turn into the "Nascar Channel." I can't stand Nascar. It isn't even racing. It's a soap opera on wheels. Nothing more than a bunch of stupid rednecks with road rage issues....
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Yeah, really! I remember when Speed Vision used to be a premium cable channel. I got digital cable just so I could get Speed Vision.
I was like a zombie when it was Speed Vision.... I'd probably be a fat *** if it was still Speed Vision.