Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Disturbing bike Wreck

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
I find this picture hard to believe and here's why: I also have two Sportbikes and have had 6 total in the past 7 yrs. None Crashed either.
1. The paramedic holding the flashilight, if this was a fatal accident, the cops would have arrived first and there are no cops in front of the semi, can't see any lights. The entire road would have been blocked off front and back of the semi so you would have been able to see something.
2. The picture of the bike, look at what's on the back seat. A red baseball hat. So if this guy was going 120 or even 100 the hat would have come off. Trust me I know from personnel expierence.

Now it could be real and I could be horrible wrong and if that's the case then I'm sorry for his family. But in this day an age of Photoshopping stuff, ya just never know. ohh and one more thing. Where did this gu get these photo's cause if I was the parents and this was on the net there would be some answering to do and a possible lawsuit. Fatal accidents photos are not released unless authorized by the Next of Kin.

regarding # 2 .. you're full of ****.

I ride at 150mph on my bike with a baseball hat and it goes no where. anyone that wears hats and rides bikes knows that. i don't exactly know why, but that hat is not going anywhere.

And picture leaks are not altogether uncommon.
Old May 7, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ddddddana
regarding # 2 .. you're full of ****.

I ride at 150mph on my bike with a baseball hat and it goes no where. anyone that wears hats and rides bikes knows that. i don't exactly know why, but that hat is not going anywhere.

And picture leaks are not altogether uncommon.

What amazes me is how he managed to get the hat off and keep his head in his helmet stuck in the back of a semi?????? I think this is BS, i could be wrong and im sorry but hitting a semi at 120mph would rip you in half. their is almost no blood.
Old May 7, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

are you guys saying it was in the strap or on your heads???
Old May 7, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

EVERY major news source in that town reported the incident in detail, mentioning the fact he was stuck into the back of a truck. Every last one of them. It was a real event, end of story. Christ, you can even read about it online. It isn't fiction.
Old May 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ev-slo
What amazes me is how he managed to get the hat off and keep his head in his helmet stuck in the back of a semi?????? I think this is BS, i could be wrong and im sorry but hitting a semi at 120mph would rip you in half. their is almost no blood.
he didn't hit the semi at 120, i'd guess he hit it at around 50 or so, unless the semi was stopped. if the bike was going 120 and the semi 70 it would be equal to hitting a stationary semi at 50. maybe that's why he didn't mangled.
Old May 7, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asasin79
he didn't hit the semi at 120, i'd guess he hit it at around 50 or so, unless the semi was stopped. if the bike was going 120 and the semi 70 it would be equal to hitting a stationary semi at 50. maybe that's why he didn't mangled.

ah... i think it said he was at speeds of 120 when he slammed into the back of the 18 wheeler and the wheeler thought he was plowed from behind by another truck.... doing 120 and hitting something moving in the same direction wouldnt change... he hit a "brick wall" at 120. not 50 lol
Old May 7, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

i guess that guy really wasnt using his head!!
Old May 7, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ev-slo
ah... i think it said he was at speeds of 120 when he slammed into the back of the 18 wheeler and the wheeler thought he was plowed from behind by another truck.... doing 120 and hitting something moving in the same direction wouldnt change... he hit a "brick wall" at 120. not 50 lol
so upon impact the biker came to a complete stop and was not moving forward any longer?
Old May 9, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

very sad. So many people dying this year it seems.