Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Stumbled upon a dozen Ferrari's earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2007, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stumbled upon a dozen Ferrari's earlier

More than a dozen Ferrari's participated in some sort of cruise this evening. They all started from Algar Ferrari/Maserati in Rosemont PA. I'm not talking about old Testerosa's and Boxer's, these were some serious cars.

By my count I spotted
- 4 F430 Spider's
- 2 F430 Hardtops
- 2 360 Modena's
- 3 550 Maranello's
- 1 599 GTB Fiorano
- 1 512
- 1 Dino

The 599 showed up at the very end. He didn't even have time to pull into the small parking lot. The car was still there long enough to cause me to ruin my underwear.

I think for each car, there was also a cop. The police presence was quite significant. I guess if you have $2 million in cars sitting out, that's probably not a bad idea.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Was the 599 gtb a bluish gray color? If it is, I think that persons kid goes to my school.. I rarely see though...
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
they're overpriced pos's that require so much maintenance, it's retarded. I used to work for a Ferrari Porsche Maserati and Aston Martin dealership and I hated that job. Driving them gets attention so you are nervous when people are looking at your car and not the road or their own lane and they are quick but I'll take the evo anyday over all of those

except maybe a 997 tt x-50 but I'll get that performance for less than $50k instead of blowing $130k
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:13 AM

I think the only way I would ever be able to justify buying a Ferrari is if I could buy it straight cash, had the income to not even blink at maintenance charges, and could tell my secretary to take it in for servicing or some ****. The cumulative price of regular servicing on those machines is absolutely insane.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ziggity
I think the only way I would ever be able to justify buying a Ferrari is if I could buy it straight cash, had the income to not even blink at maintenance charges, and could tell my secretary to take it in for servicing or some ****. The cumulative price of regular servicing on those machines is absolutely insane.
isn't that like 90% of ferrari owners? i couldn't see someone buying a ferrari, thinking "oh man i hope i can really afford this car"
Old Sep 11, 2007, 02:49 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DonHugo
they're overpriced pos's that require so much maintenance, it's retarded. I used to work for a Ferrari Porsche Maserati and Aston Martin dealership and I hated that job. Driving them gets attention so you are nervous when people are looking at your car and not the road or their own lane and they are quick but I'll take the evo anyday over all of those

except maybe a 997 tt x-50 but I'll get that performance for less than $50k instead of blowing $130k

Performance isn't everything. I'm sure you could drop an LS1 in a chevette and blow an Evo's *** back. Only one problem, though...

You'd still be driving a chevette.

Ferraris are sex on wheels.... So you could beat a guy with a Ferrari in a race and maintenance is expensive-

You think a Ferrari owner cares?

PS: The Fiorano is the equivalent of being able to bone every hottie in the world, 'on wheels.'

Last edited by baddogevo; Sep 11, 2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Im sure a real car enthusiast could do some of the maintenence themselves.......
Old Sep 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

But why would they (unless they really really enjoy it)?

Not worth their time, most likely
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

i can't believe anyone (if finances weren't an issue) would take an evo over a ferrari....just wouldn't happen