Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Airborn M5 wreck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:20 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atlvalet
This just reinforces my opinion that the first car my kid is ever getting will be a 1972 Buick Electra. If they're lucky, and I'm feeling particularly generous, it will be a convertible.
The brakes really sucked on cars back then. My parent's station wagon (72 Chevy Kingswood) couldn't even come to a complete stop from a single panic stop from 90 mph. Get your kid something newer if you think they're going to have a lead foot.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
yeah he was probably trying out the 7 gears.........it said he was sideways when he flew off the ramp, so im gonna guess he saw it but it was too late.
Man ive read alot of crash storys like this, but this one really is gona make me think twice about doing a top speed run in the future.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

insane
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Shoulda had a drag racing chute.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Idiot + 500hp = this....What a moron!!!!!! He didn't even respect his parents enough to treat that car- A freaking M5 BTW!!!-his friends, or his own life with respect. So I say "Good Riddance!!" What a waste of a human being!!! I must say he had nads of steel though to be doing stupidity like that.....I would be scared crapless to go ***** out in my pop's Evo or my mom's STi

Last edited by Evozster; Jan 30, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The trunk on that tree was massive.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

i know some r saying the parents aren't at fault...but just to mention that this kid had 4 moving violations prior to this wreck should have set off an alarm to these parents...if i had kids, they would be driving a kia after 4 violations before the age of 18...i dunno what kinda laws there are there, but i know here he shouldnt have had a license.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rane
True, and I read a report that said alcohol WAS involved, but to be fair it really only matters if the one behind the wheel had any.
True too... and I say that because im 20. If someone has the ***** to go 140 in a m5 after breaking into a private run way im sure they all wondered what the magical powers of alcohol were at a young age too... just like me ... but then again if the driver wasn't drinking who cares.

Last edited by Trail Slide; Jan 30, 2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
4 drunk people egging you on can have a powerful impact, too.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznX TL
i wouldnt consider this street racing, it was on a private airstrip. and the airstrip happens to be the biggest private airstrip in the US.
there was and 85 foot dropoff at the end of the runway,if i heard the new correctly. I you wanted to go really, really fast somewhere- maybe some recon would be in order? This was a terrible thing to happen, and it could have been prevented so easily. R.I.P.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

very tragic accident

Last edited by Boost Freak; Feb 14, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

^^ it does suck, the lession that should be taught from this is if you are going to **** around or race you should not do it with others in the car.

2 kids just died down the street from me street racing off a light... went fast around a small bend and slid off the road into a pole.... car split straight down the middle and both are dead. both are 18. People are always going to race, so IMO when you decide to do so (if you do so at all) in public places you should think of others.... not only the people in your car, but people around you.

how could u live with yourself knowing you killed others or your friends/family from being wreckless?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 05:22 PM

It sucks the kid died sucks worse he killed his friends. But I blame all 5 of them and possable the parent's. It isen't always the parents fault that kids turn out like they do. He and the 4 other people in the car made the decision to do what they did. I had a 450 hp camaro as my first car and will admit I drove it hard. But I still realized that I was inexperienced and dident push the limits. All I am saying is they had the choice's and made the wrong one. And this is in no way related to street racing. They were on a runway not a public road ( false sense of security) Maby the kid drove normaly on the public roads who know's. Everyone is quick to blame it on the age but I see plenty of older people that do more harm then good driving to slow.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ghost-1
It sucks the kid died sucks worse he killed his friends. But I blame all 5 of them and possable the parent's. It isen't always the parents fault that kids turn out like they do. He and the 4 other people in the car made the decision to do what they did. I had a 450 hp camaro as my first car and will admit I drove it hard. But I still realized that I was inexperienced and dident push the limits. All I am saying is they had the choice's and made the wrong one. And this is in no way related to street racing. They were on a runway not a public road ( false sense of security) Maby the kid drove normaly on the public roads who know's. Everyone is quick to blame it on the age but I see plenty of older people that do more harm then good driving to slow.
I dont blame the parents at all, your A+ honor-all / star athlete / non-smoker / non-drug user / non-drinker / virgin could of done the same thing.

When I was 18 I owned a 520rwhp cobra that had 499rwtq. I actually only raced it a few times & one of those cars was an m5 of which I beat. So lets just say it was faster than a new m5?

Anyway, I never got a ticket, never got pulled over, and never crashed it .... and I have it because my parents trusted me enough to have it. It's all about the head on your shoulders, it has nothing to do with the parents.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Kid + high-powered cars = NO NO

Quick Reply: Airborn M5 wreck