Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

How fast is an M3???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2002, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, I see, thanks for the info.
Old Apr 23, 2002, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

I thought there was a M3 Touring (Wagon) in Europe for the E36 chassis... wasn't that the case?
Old Apr 23, 2002, 05:53 AM

I don't know

My reply was only talking about US M3s. I don't know what M3 variants came out in Europe.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:54 AM

Talking I love my '96 M3..

US e36 M3 supposedly has the same 0-60 time as the euro edition, despite the big power differential. Not so for the quarter mile, though. The lowest I've heard for 0-60 is 5.4; somewhere in the 5.5-5.7 second range is probably a decent bet. That's for the 96+ model, btw, which came stock with more torque than the (more easily modifiable) OBDI 95 model.

It is fast enough, although I admit to occasionally wishing I had $10k to spend on a 420HP turbo upgrade. The presumable decrease in reliability, especially on the track, makes that a lot less attractive, though.
Old May 6, 2002, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

Re: How fast is an M3???

Originally posted by silverEVO
Anyone know the 0-60 and 1/4 mile on a stock '99 M3??? and also does anyone have an idea of how fast it would be if it was supercharged????
How fast is an M3??? SHould this be a question or should it even be allowed to ask?

All I have to say is pretty F*ckin Fast!!!!
Old May 6, 2002, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

M3s are for batty boys that need leather to remind them the reason why they forked out pointless money for a silly german car! Engine is nice...but whats around is not!
And what about that stupid *** CSL they are bringing out now!! So much more money for 40kg drop in weight and maybe 5hp more power!! For God sake...I could have done better by ripping off all the bloody leather an poncy electric motors that massage your back...
Old May 6, 2002, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

...and your *****....
Old May 9, 2002, 09:56 AM

Its in the low13's. 1/4 4.5 0-60
Old May 9, 2002, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by okitenik
M3s are for batty boys that need leather to remind them the reason why they forked out pointless money for a silly german car! Engine is nice...but whats around is not!
And what about that stupid *** CSL they are bringing out now!! So much more money for 40kg drop in weight and maybe 5hp more power!! For God sake...I could have done better by ripping off all the bloody leather an poncy electric motors that massage your back...

Sorry I have to disagree with you,

The new M3 is one of the most beautiful car in my opinion. the only problem is I can't afford one.

The car is very technologically advanced. Drive one and you see where the 50k went.

Having said that, The EVO sounds Irresistible for the performance it offers.
Old May 9, 2002, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

lancer forum's?......
lol j/k
Old May 9, 2002, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

the M3 is off the heezy. When you start the car it takes a few minutes but the redline moves from 6 to 8k as the engine warms. the sculpting of this heavier car is remarkable, almost 50/50 weight balance. (Check an MCoupe..they're like 65/35) The TCS and Sport mode suspension...I was in one of the new US M3's, when the driver hit sport mode without moving the gas pedal the car took off, I think it may have an extra injector for sport mode. Sick, SIck, Sick car..nuff said
Old May 10, 2002, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

The price for an M3 is not bad at all if you really think of the performance, looks, and "BMW" image that comes with such a packaged sports car. There is really no explanation how awesome the car is, either you like it or you don't. Although I'm much the EVO enthusiast, if I had the 50k, I would not hesitate a second to make an M3 purchase.
Old May 10, 2002, 12:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by EvoSouL
The price for an M3 is not bad at all if you really think of the performance, looks, and "BMW" image that comes with such a packaged sports car. There is really no explanation how awesome the car is, either you like it or you don't. Although I'm much the EVO enthusiast, if I had the 50k, I would not hesitate a second to make an M3 purchase.
I think (especially with the deal you had/have) used M3's are a freakin' great value for the money. Luxury, performance, and technology unlike most daily drivers at (sometimes) very affordable prices. I think buying new is a bit crazy unless you have loot to spare though.

Quick Reply: How fast is an M3???