Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

V spec and ZR1 nur spy vidz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V spec and ZR1 nur spy vidz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By5rdEFHPyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKU35G9oT5o

I don't know what to say... I don't see any 911 turbo anymore. What if you'll see a Carrera GT following GT-R or maybe followed by a base gt-r. Or if both ZR1 and GT-R will be there at the same day.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

On the GT-R VSPEC: The lap times are not official and some photo/mag spies were timing with the wrist watches so nothing solid yet.

The ZR-1 is being tested by GM Engineers at this point and they are tweeking and dialing it in for the official test. A pro driver will be piloting the car when they are ready for him. 7:40! No way that car has reached it's full potential. It will take more than a few sec's off that lap time with a pro driver.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

That vette was haulin a$$. Sounded awesome too. Both are sick machines.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good videos and info. My prediction: expect the GTRV spec around $85000-$90000 MSRP and a real market of $120000 and up.

As per the ZR1, as much as I was enthusiast about the performance now it wouldn't be crazy to say that the Z06 with basic bolt ons will actually outedge the ZR1, the reason : powert to weight ratio. Hint the video talks about low 7 min 40's, the z06 already does that with its standard brakes and non-magnetic ride suspension.

Also, I am wondering if this is ultimately going to turn into a Porsche Turbo vs Porsche GT3 type of thing, just as in the past happened with the SVO mustang vs the GT, Porsche 944 Turbo vs S2, VW VR6s vs Turbo and the list goes on and on...

Carlos
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Good videos and info. My prediction: expect the GTRV spec around $85000-$90000 MSRP and a real market of $120000 and up.

As per the ZR1, as much as I was enthusiast about the performance now it wouldn't be crazy to say that the Z06 with basic bolt ons will actually outedge the ZR1, the reason : powert to weight ratio. Hint the video talks about low 7 min 40's, the z06 already does that with its standard brakes and non-magnetic ride suspension.

Also, I am wondering if this is ultimately going to turn into a Porsche Turbo vs Porsche GT3 type of thing, just as in the past happened with the SVO mustang vs the GT, Porsche 944 Turbo vs S2, VW VR6s vs Turbo and the list goes on and on...

Carlos
Hi Carlos

I would say your probably right about the bolt ons on the Z06 but it still won't be a ZR-1 as far as havinig a warranty. Now with that said as I posted the ZR-1 is undergoing preping by GM engineers and that 7:40 was just them doing the driving trying to dial it in for the pro driver who will really put down the final official numbers. Whatever that will be. I have some inside info on the ZR-1..... A tune alone on the ZR-1 will take it to 700hp and with a pulley upgrade and intake it will be close to 800hp and that you can take to the bank. It has already been done. This info will come out soon after the launch of the car....trust me.

BTW hows the car running?

Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Hi Carlos

I would say your probably right about the bolt ons on the Z06 but it still won't be a ZR-1 as far as havinig a warranty. Now with that said as I posted the ZR-1 is undergoing preping by GM engineers and that 7:40 was just them doing the driving trying to dial it in for the pro driver who will really put down the final official numbers. Whatever that will be. I have some inside info on the ZR-1..... A tune alone on the ZR-1 will take it to 700hp and with a pulley upgrade and intake it will be close to 800hp and that you can take to the bank. It has already been done. This info will come out soon after the launch of the car....trust me.

BTW hows the car running?

yeah, WOW.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Hi Carlos

that 7:40 was just them doing the driving trying to dial it in for the pro driver who will really put down the final official numbers.
And the track was "damp"
Old Apr 20, 2008, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matt55
And the track was "damp"

Yep!

The best is yet to come.