Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

WRX vs ITR discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2003, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I long for the days when we had intelligent conversations on this board. Honestly B_Tapper was alot less trouble than some people on this board now.....
Old Jun 20, 2003, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry, I test drove the Integra and although the interior is great it's no WRX. It doesn't come close unless the WRX has an automatic. They're both too boy racer ( with the exception of the wagon) anyway and if you were in the market for one those you'd be better off getting an SRT. Even the new Forester Turbo should be able to stomp the Integra and it's not as "pretty" as the Integra. I mean, nothing is better than an fast ugly car. The last thing I want is a car that's "pretty" or "sporty". I've always thought the Integra was very effeminate looking.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Did you drive a Type R? The thing was like a streetable race car. Everything was tuned to kill on that car, the brakes, the suspension, etc. They even took the sound deadening out of the doors......
Ive driven both, have to say the ITR was better, but Id probably take a WRX since everyones ITR seems to get stolen or at least broken into....
Old Jun 20, 2003, 10:15 AM

thank u cordwood it looks like we have another sensible person on this forum but the only thing i disagree with is the wrx vs srt4 thing ...true the srt has more torque its fwd with no lsd so at the line all that torque on a light car would make u peel out like crazy
Old Jun 20, 2003, 10:18 AM

tristar u need to wake up and smell the exhaust gases an integra isnt even in the class of a wrx unless its modified
Old Jun 20, 2003, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Dude, Ive been nice, but I have had enough of your steet smack bull****. Please go away, you and your **** poor english skills taint this forum and all who post here. You are ignorant, arrogant, and painfully retarded. If you truly do have a WRX, which I doubt, I hope you wrap it around a pole.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:05 PM

ok does that make u feel better saying that im sorry i hurt ur (more bad english) ******** feelings but dont be mad cuz i have a rex and u have a piece of **** get your weight up little man dont be mad that i have a car to rap around a pole if i sucked in driving like u do u and ur itr BULL**** some street racer u are u dont know **** about cars and u should be on the powere puff girls forum BEEATCH.....ill stay arrogant with my rex *****
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

I will say that on the street, 90% of the time a stock WRX will beat the ITR without breaking a sweat; however, on the track, it's different, this is where the ITR's capability truely shines.

Of course, regardless of the driver, the WRX is EASIER to drive faster (AWD, Turbo, bigger margin of error); however, given the ITR's weight and great suspension setup...it can be really fast if you know how to drive it...(constantly keeping above 5K rpm, late braking, better entry angle). In short, it require a more experienced driver to squeeze out the maximum potential from the ITR while most average joe can drive the WRX 75% and beat the ITR....

All it all, the WRX is not that "superior" than the ITR...we're not talking about Sti here....
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Ban him, oh yea, ***, still waiting to see pics of your "killa" machine. Eat ****.... Oh yea, wanna put your money where your mouth is? Come autocross, "dawg." Ill gladly hand you your ***.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Alright...please keep everything civil...no personal attack...
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:18 PM

yo tristar i have no more words for u go play with yourself and leave the car talk to the big boys u LOOSE
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Please stop now...don't force me to close this thread.

I was enjoying this discussion and don't turn this into another junk thread. NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACK!!!
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for proving my point v8 "killa."
The ITR deserves better than this, Lan was it you or KK that used to own one? Or am I thinking of a different original memeber?
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:24 PM

yeah i see were your getting at lan evo but the discussion was about both cars being stock racing not modified i mean its not fair to match up a slightly modified car to stock right
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:26 PM

no ones trying to be an idiot here i just dont like when people hit me under my belt so i have to flip the script and when i do it gets ugly but hell yeah on with the discussion

Quick Reply: WRX vs ITR discussion