Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Woah!, Looky, 2011 Eclipse!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jazket
gosh you guys can't enjoy some sarcasm lol

but hey, arent yall noticing the changes?

black roof... lowered... cf rear lip
They always lower them for press shots and commercials. It won't have that stance when they show up at dealers. We were complaining about that back in 2006 when this body came out.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sspaladin28
When they make the Eclipse what is essentially an Evo Coupe then it will have potential
this.
but while they are at it, make it look less like a fat chicks car.
and wouldnt it make sense for them to do it too? divide the engineering costs over more than one platform.. just seems like a good idea.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
this.
but while they are at it, make it look less like a fat chicks car.
and wouldnt it make sense for them to do it too? divide the engineering costs over more than one platform.. just seems like a good idea.
It would make sense, but historically - the Japansese bosses of Mitsu have been very picky about what they let them build in Normal, IL. None of the cars, except for a handful of 2Gs and 3Gs were every exported back to Japan, and even when they were building the same Galant that Japan drivers had, we would get a few Japanese Galants, but not the other way around. Then Project America came out and all those cars stayed here.

In short, they have been somewhat unwilling to let American workers build anything that was already being produced in Japanese plants and were seemingly willing to let the plant close before changing that (the plant that builds Lancers, Outlanders, Evos was running overcapacity at one point, but they would not consider shifting any production here)

Now that might change if they merge with Peugeot/Citroen. They may build their truck here, the new Colt and perhaps, maybe yes a Lancer based Eclipse and Galant. But its still just rumors right now.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 01:34 PM

mitsu should really do the entire evo x gsr drivetrain under that shell and then i would actually consider buying one. common mitsu, i still have faith !!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Until they do something like this the Eclipse is irrelevant to me
Attached Thumbnails Woah!, Looky, 2011 Eclipse!-eclipse-ralliart.jpg  
Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:38 AM
Evolving Member

IS the Black roof dif?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:00 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR. Tim
On quick glance i thought Audi TT...
I know right......! Haha.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:13 AM

2011 model eclipses have 3 models

GS, GS-sport and gt

4g69 on gs and gs sport
6g75 on the gt

09-2011 are just exterior changes to the car.
09, New front, and rear ends, new spoiler, new wheels, and dual exhaust
10, bluetooth and rear view cameras,
11, ahhh lowered .5 inches from factory, black roof and i think thats it

Yeah we all know most people here dont like the new eclipse because it isn't awd, but its a mitsu so its something we all can enjoy + the interior is pretty good for a mitsu
Old Feb 19, 2010, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Here's to hoping the 2012 Eclipse is equipped something like this:

GS 2.4L 4B12 from the Lancer GTS, basic power features, sunroof available. IPOD hookup, single disc. Manual or auto. This is the bread and butter car designed to do battle with the Scion tC and Civic coupe. 19-21K

Premium package: HIDs, RF Sound system with HDD, 18's, leather. 22-24K

GSX 2.0L Ralliart motor, AWD - same basics as GS, manual or auto as in "real" auto, no DCT. $25-26K

Premium Package: SAB 27-29K

But I doubt it'll happen. More then likely they'd do another GS-T and make it a Civic Si/MS3/GTi fighter for around $25-27K and not step on the Ralliart or Evos toes at all.

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 19, 2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mitsubishi threw away the loyalty of the Eclipse customers when they stop making the best looking Eclipse(2G) in 99.

The only way Mitsubishi can multiply and launch the company in to the top is to launch a 4B11 AWD Eclipse with decent recaro seats and brembo brakes, until that happens the Mitsubishi Eclipse is a decafeinated "sport" car with little ambicion in this market.

Carlos
Old Feb 20, 2010, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Mitsubishi threw away the loyalty of the Eclipse customers when they stop making the best looking Eclipse(2G) in 99.
I agree, but again, those fans were typically used car buyers. Mitsu sold way more new 3Gs then they did 2Gs. I think the reason the 4G isn't as successful because it just got too big and heavy, the tuners didn't like it at all (but they didn't like the 3G much either), the Scion tC was around and the market is tough on 2 door coupes. They need a GSX as a halo model to keep interest in the whole line up fresh. That will get Eclipses on the front of magazines again, both mainstream media and tuner magazines, and have them at the car shows etc, in you tube vids, etc. You can't buy better marketing. All the girls and wannabes will get the n/a model and the tuners will get the turbo, and everybody wins - including Mitsubishi.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 08:04 AM

Ehh. It would be nice for a revisited GSX. Although it still looks like an upside down barbie bath tub like the 2G's. 1G's still look best to me. But I am biased. I would look at one if they did something similar to the Eclipse Ralliart that never made production. Such a shame since the original 4G proto had awd. Electric motor for rear wheels and gas engine for the fronts.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

I could work with this.

Old Feb 20, 2010, 08:17 AM

Sorry I hate it nothing like 1g or 2g
Old Feb 20, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

looks the same

Quick Reply: Woah!, Looky, 2011 Eclipse!