Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)

Hello everyone,

I been on the bmw forums for ever I have had my 335i for about 2 years now but its time for me to sell it, I am working on selling it within a month. My next car will hopefully be a evo which I hope to upgrade and make it look modded by next summer that is if I get one before the winter starts!! My 335i is about 400whp but I want something faster with a turbo upgrade on a evo hopefully I want 500whp!!!! I love the Evo's I wanted one before my bmw but decided I want something comfy and flashy but now I want speed!! Let me know what you guys think about my 335i! I will keep everyone updated on this thread once I get a evo!

mods
Juice box 3
Data logging cable
Bt cable(obti scanner)
Matte black Csl 19in 235 in front 265 in rears
Dual cone intake
Active Autowerks blow of valve
35% tints around
RennArt Exhaust full cat back non res
AMS frount mount intercooler
Matte black mirros
Matte black roof
Custom Carbon fiber front lip
Carbon fiber interior trim
Carbon fiber license plate frame
Carbon fiber m3 style hood
Carbon fiber ammuse erricson trunk
Lux 5.0 angel eyes
Led parking lights hyper white
Tinted tail lights
Matte black grills
Matte black window trim
Euphoria 6k interior leds
Mtec license plate leds
p3 gauge in vent connected to juice box
Catless 3in Macht Schnell Downpipes
Intake Scoops
Matte black amber gone
Hid fogs
Downpipe fix(no check engine codes)
Matte Black shark fin
Kicker amp ready for a sub.
Attached Thumbnails New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)-1.jpg   New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)-2.jpg   New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)-3.jpg   New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)-4.jpg   New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)-5.jpg  

Last edited by Noize; Oct 27, 2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Can't offer a car FS/FT without 50 posts.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

nice car
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

yeah sick car. some gloss black paint to replace the silve would really set it off.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 PM

thanks for the comments guys! No I wanted to be diff. and not have a black car with many black parts. So I did the silver with black theme, it is pretty much a two tone because the roof the hood and trunk are all black well not black carbon fiber which is close to black!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 PM

But I hope I get a white evo and do some black theme on it! Black and white look amazing!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Can't go wrong with a WW 8/9. You have a sweet ride bro.

Be prepared to adapt to the EVO luxurious interior.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 01:56 PM

haha luxurious my ***!! But the power can cover that area

thanks glad I am getting nice comments and no hate so far!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny in a way your coming to this side. Most a see grow tired of the teenager persona the Evo is starting to carry and move up to a more refined 335i. I know I sure as hell thought about it. But after driving a couple and even the new M3 they just don't have the road feeling an evo has. The M came close but you could definately feel the 3700lbs even though they are decent at masking the effects.

Your coming in at a good time. You got about 5 different stock frame bolt on turbos that make anywhere from 400whp-700whp and are less than $2k. Can't say that about the 335i...them turbo's must be made of platinum Nice car btw...if it was a coupe I might have been sending you a PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears

Your coming in at a good time. You got about 5 different stock frame bolt on turbos that make anywhere from 400whp-700whp and are less than $2k. Can't say that about the 335i...them turbo's must be made of platinum Nice car btw...if it was a coupe I might have been sending you a PM.
the turbo itself is around 2k +harware for the intall+supporting mods/tune gas ect.Your around $5-8,000.. your making in the area of 450wheel on pump gas alone on any stock frame turbo With all supporting mods including cams.
a 335i can make that on its stock turbochargers with much less mods then an evolution. We are not comparing apples to apples here.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmkIII
the turbo itself is around 2k +harware for the intall+supporting mods/tune gas ect.Your around $5-8,000.. your making in the area of 450wheel on pump gas alone on any stock frame turbo With all supporting mods including cams.
a 335i can make that on its stock turbochargers with much less mods then an evolution. We are not comparing apples to apples here.
I understand we aren't comparing apples to apples here but an Evo is MUCH cheaper platform to modify to a higher level. Shall we mention what a turbo upgrade costs for an N54? That was my point. Anybody familiar with the N54 will not refute this fact.

A 335i does NOT make 450whp with anything less than meth or race gas. Just to reach 400whp on pump requires downpipes, exhaust, fmic, intake, dme, etc. Shall I add the cost of those item for you? Thats nearly $4k in mods to reach 400whp. You can reach that in a IX for almost $2k...albeit a little less torque. I would assume you already know this.

I was merely letting the OP know that he is coming into the Evo scene at a good time seeing as there are HKS, CBRD, and FP stock frame variants that offer many different power levels. Over in the N54 camp it's a limited arena...seems for the OP's goals that is why he wants to come this way no?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 01:42 PM

dbsears- Yes I have heard of many evo drivers sell there cars and go to the bmw 335i because it is fast and flashy and it is a comfy ride unlike the evo! I bet the evo weigh nothing which is a big difference between the 335i and a evo which is 1 reason why I want to go to a evo. The m3's arent even that fast my car at a launch would beat a m3 with out a problem!! I want to be around 500whp for a while then hopefully get a 42r and get 900whp I have big goals for my next car which is going to be a evo!! I was thinking about a coupe but kinda look girly to me.

HELL YA I AGREE WITH YOU! It is going to be way cheaper for me to mod out a evo then my bimmer cost me! I am about 400whp and I have bought everything downpipe intake exhaust everything you can name, the only thing missing is meth which I dont want to do in my car I feel like it would ruin a nice car. Yes I do want to come to a evo because I dont want to spend another 5grand just to get 100whp more!!!

I have spent 9000 in mods so far and where I stand it is about 400whp never been dynoed but with others telling me and seeing many other 335i's making that power with the mods I also have.

So therefore blkmkIII you are clearly wrong and dont know much about a 335i!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:21 AM

no more loving for the bimmer?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Let us know if we can be of assistance!

cheers

cb
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wazup773
dbsears- Yes I have heard of many evo drivers sell there cars and go to the bmw 335i because it is fast and flashy and it is a comfy ride unlike the evo! I bet the evo weigh nothing which is a big difference between the 335i and a evo which is 1 reason why I want to go to a evo. The m3's arent even that fast my car at a launch would beat a m3 with out a problem!! I want to be around 500whp for a while then hopefully get a 42r and get 900whp I have big goals for my next car which is going to be a evo!! I was thinking about a coupe but kinda look girly to me.

HELL YA I AGREE WITH YOU! It is going to be way cheaper for me to mod out a evo then my bimmer cost me! I am about 400whp and I have bought everything downpipe intake exhaust everything you can name, the only thing missing is meth which I dont want to do in my car I feel like it would ruin a nice car. Yes I do want to come to a evo because I dont want to spend another 5grand just to get 100whp more!!!

I have spent 9000 in mods so far and where I stand it is about 400whp never been dynoed but with others telling me and seeing many other 335i's making that power with the mods I also have.

So therefore blkmkIII you are clearly wrong and dont know much about a 335i!
Also while you're at it invest in some English language classes.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

To the OP.. ur BMW is very nice.. albeit it is not faster than an M5 which I consistently beat here in texas and in florida....

Dont come to an evo forum bashing other members when they are just trying to share some knowledge with an experience with u.

Good luck and I am glad u choose the evo... God knows we dont need ne more kids out there sporting STy's wearing DC hats backwards thinking they are KEN BLOCK.

Quick Reply: New member bmw 335i getting a evo soon :)