Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Ken Block's newest racecar: The Hybrid Function Hoon Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Nope. See post #6
Saw that about 15 seconds after posting mine - well played good sir
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Nope. See post #6
on a shakedown too...got some nice air
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
on the Subi forums Ken Block = God...some *** actually had the nerve to proclaim Ken Block as a better driver than Sebastian Loeb 0_o..... I was like WTF??? Travis Pastrana is actually GOOD. he can drive. Ken Block is all show. He can't even finish a race in WRC.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My beef is simply the lack of a car we can purchase. I hate Ford for flooding Rally with their purpose built AWD Fiesta's that just keep destroying the other cars simply by having a strong high$$$ factory backing.

I was watching Rally on TV the other day and everyone was proclaiming how the Fiesta was making nearly 200hp more than the other racers. How is that remotely fair when you can go to a dealer and buy Evos and STIs but not an AWD Fiesta..... The EVO/STI was a bit more practical since it was sold to the public where as Ford is just smearing the event with all their money that guarantees a win for the most part. Their car is not practical because they don't have to mass produce anything or try to sell them to the public.

On the straights the Fiesta was just leaving everyone in the dust. Something like 800hp to the other cars 400-600 depending on which car exactly. It's just too purpose built and a homologation requirement would go a *long* way to correct that problem in my opinion.

I can get over the trick drivers and such but these special one-off cars have got to go.

Way to steal interest away from the Evo/STI which is basically the only option for mere mortals. Last time I checked the public can't get any type of AWD Ford.....

As for Block, sure he's a good driver but I just *cannot* get over these purpose built cars ruining the fun for privateer teams. I happen to root for whoever builds the best car that's available to the public. That car is still the Evo!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
^^^ Huh
Ford isn't leading the points race in WRC.

That aside, I do agree that it's a disappointment Ford doesn't release a AWD turbo Fiesta for the consumer. I believe "qualified" individuals can purchase a "R2 Rally kit" that brings them up to a FWD rally car.