Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

LaFerrari - driven

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 06:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LaFerrari - driven

Many would agree ... stupid name, outstanding car. If the planets align just right, maybe we'll see the Top Gear crew do a full comparison of the hybrid hyper-car trifecta. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fKe...ature=youtu.be
Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Lol thanks for sharing. I havent seen any Top Gear in a couple months. Did they ever put the McLaren and the Porsche head to head yet? I saw both Jeremy test the McLaren and Richard in the Porsche and I know they stated they were going to run them head to head but Im not sure it its happened yet...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome car but I would still take the P1 over this.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 08:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The LaFerrari's performance is even more absurd than its name. Intimidating, yet supremely useable. Oh, and obscenely quick.

By Chris Harris April 30, 2014 / Photos by Ferrari

The first thing any of us does with these hypercar things is look for the power figure. In the case of the LaFerrari, that figure is 950 hp. The next figure we snaffle out is, quite naturally, the weight, which, in this case, is around 2954 lbs, wet. Then we do the math. We always do the math: 643 hp per ton. Six hundred and forty-three. Boom.

Add in 715 lb-ft of torque and the LaFerrari's rear-wheel-drive setup, and the combined foreknowledge does little to quell the sense of intimidation you feel on a public highway—especially one of Maranello's narrow, lunatic-in-a-Fiat-strewn roads. And then you discover that the car's most admirable quality may be the ease with which it can be driven slowly. It won't grab headlines, and it won't help the 120-mph smoky drift for the video shoot, but if you're one of the 499 chosen few, then it will probably be the single most pleasing aspect of the car's performance. Take a 458, lose a little rear visibility, add some width, a ten-percent intimidation factor for the sticker price, and a few extra points for fellow motorists who seem hell-bent on crashing into you while they gawk, and that's the slow-speed difficulty summarized; that's your LaFerrari in traffic.

Link to full article - HERE
Old May 1, 2014, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

It's just in a class by itself. If there wasn't direct evidence that it was built by humans I'd say it was manufactured an advanced alien race that understands human driving emotion.

What an incredible car.