Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

saying goodbye, I sold my evo 8.

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Dan, its Stephen the owner of your Evo, nice car man! Saw this post on accident havent been on here in forever, but car is running amazing still, slapped a JDL forward face turbo with a 6262 ball bearing and making 536hp and 450 wtq but car pulls hard and still reliable. Cant say enough how grateful I am to own a car taken well care of by someone!
Old May 3, 2015, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steven121
Hey Dan, its Stephen the owner of your Evo, nice car man! Saw this post on accident havent been on here in forever, but car is running amazing still, slapped a JDL forward face turbo with a 6262 ball bearing and making 536hp and 450 wtq but car pulls hard and still reliable. Cant say enough how grateful I am to own a car taken well care of by someone!
Thanks man. Folks keep in mind this power is on a comp stage 2 clutch.

Glad to hear an update. Those are nice numbers Im glad your enjoying the evo.
Old May 20, 2015, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxxxxx interior is nice
Old May 21, 2015, 09:39 AM

Looks great. Love the color combo!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 09:41 AM

nice n comfy
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:36 PM

Definitely a sweet DD. I'm sure the bug will bite again though! If the 14's are being marked up, just go for a '15. You can always replace the seats.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Hey everyone. I havent been on here anymore, I miss driving the evo. I miss the old evo forums and wandering around here I came across this old thread.

Here is an update. I got rid of the merc after a year and half. It was a good daily driver, but honestly I learned I dont really like having so much techy stuff going on as Im driving. Also it had alot of issues, that although it was all under warranty, it was an inconvience. here is the run down.

~5000 miles ,piston rings replaced due to engine noise.
~12000 miles, panoramic roof took a crap, literally probably like the 4th time using it,lol. repair was replacement of complete new roof assembly
~ a few oil leaks and interior rattles.

I sold it and bought a 2016 Focus St. It has been a great autox car actually, and being my first fwd car I have to relearn how to drive a wrong wheel drive car.

Anyhow, maybe I will be back in an evo soon.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 04:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by TommiM
Hey everyone. I havent been on here anymore, I miss driving the evo. I miss the old evo forums and wandering around here I came across this old thread.

Here is an update. I got rid of the merc after a year and half. It was a good daily driver, but honestly I learned I dont really like having so much techy stuff going on as Im driving. Also it had alot of issues, that although it was all under warranty, it was an inconvience. here is the run down.

~5000 miles ,piston rings replaced due to engine noise.
~12000 miles, panoramic roof took a crap, literally probably like the 4th time using it,lol. repair was replacement of complete new roof assembly
~ a few oil leaks and interior rattles.

I sold it and bought a 2016 Focus St. It has been a great autox car actually, and being my first fwd car I have to relearn how to drive a wrong wheel drive car.

Anyhow, maybe I will be back in an evo soon.

Yeah, for sure remember seeing you on the boards. Yes, lets get you back into the CT9A frame
Old Nov 26, 2017, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Crappy that all that happened to a brand new car, but in all fairness it was the first model year for that C-Class, so hopefully a lot of that has been sorted out by now. Interesting though, I had been thinking about leasing one of those as a DD (because I don't see myself ever getting rid of my Evo).
Old Nov 26, 2017, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Crappy that all that happened to a brand new car, but in all fairness it was the first model year for that C-Class, so hopefully a lot of that has been sorted out by now. Interesting though, I had been thinking about leasing one of those as a DD (because I don't see myself ever getting rid of my Evo).

ya for sure. The engine rattling noise when cold was due to the piston wrist pins being incorrect size iirc. This is common on all the early c classes.

The panoramic roof issue is due to product issues with the vendor they used to make the roof assembly. Mine still was making a cracking noise after replacing the roof rails so it needed to have the complete roof cut out and glue in the new one.

My passenger headrest was rattling- another known issue. someting internally broke apart and was causing a rattling noise. Weird thing is no one really ever sat in the passenger seat, just like I never really ever used the roof.

Door seals starting causing whistling noise at certain speeds.

vacuum pump started to leak.

popping noise from the steering column.

-- it was all under warranty but it just got annoying.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wrist pins

I do those new 2015 C class wrist pins all day in NY more work for me I wish they will just send all of them to NY I'll fix them all lol but it's a shame that they have all of those problems I been with mercedes as a tech for 14 years and the new C class and CLA are the one with the most problems glad you got rid of it
Old Nov 26, 2017, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
when you get old, you come back again
Old Nov 27, 2017, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by darrell
I do those new 2015 C class wrist pins all day in NY more work for me I wish they will just send all of them to NY I'll fix them all lol but it's a shame that they have all of those problems I been with mercedes as a tech for 14 years and the new C class and CLA are the one with the most problems glad you got rid of it
Is that something that’s been fixed since then? And was it on all of them, or just certain models/engines?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Is that something that’s been fixed since then? And was it on all of them, or just certain models/engines?
Wrist pin issue was limited to the early 2015 c300 production cars.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno99
when you get old, you come back again
Well, I'm keeping mine. I'm the original owner and plan to be the only owner.

Quick Reply: saying goodbye, I sold my evo 8.