Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

The new GTI. always loved them always have.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dunno man an accord making 14.3 wosssaaa hella fast accord you got and on top all that stock. so an accord will be close to an S2000 and 350 Z in the race now???. as i thought dont know jack
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

motortrend lists the 2003 accord coupe 6 spd at 14.5 1/4 time
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Az3ar
first Sor you come with yr accord and your EVO thinking that you can beat all cars and you don’t know jack. when you work on cars like me and if your father raced in F1 cars in Italy and if you have driven an F1 car like I did come and talk to me alright other than stay behind your accord steering wheel in NJ. Hueman I was surprised myself but what makes the GTI and the S3 Audi jump so quick is their small turbo that gives you full boost at 2000 rpm so u have realy quick boost. with my brother GTI it boost up to 17 psi and i have seen it spike many time in the cold @ 19 or so around 3000 rpm so u have a lot of power here. the new GTI will have 2.0T 16 v engine that i heard has much much more power and parts than the 1.8T ( that’s what my friend in Germany in Saarabroken told me last week). He told me that every one is talking about it there. Now about the S4TT which i have and that i love is 2.7 twin turbo that boost safely up to 27 psi no problems not on stock turbos though. the older S4 are faster than new once but they are not as nice. Its really hard to find an old S4 for sale because no one wants to sell them, even if you do they will be very expensive.
i know GTIs have small turbos and all, but they're still limited at mid 15 second quarter miles. and if you launch your evo, you should be in boost as you start anyway.... and with a lot MORE boost. i'm not really knowledgeable about turbos or drag racing, so it just doesn't add up to me i guess. no matter how fast the turbo spools, it'll still be limited to the maximum hp at which the car is set, no? even if all the power comes at once, how can it exceed the hp limits on the car?

so in your opinion, with 1k, would you be able to match an STi in a GTI? cuz what you listed seems to be quite a chunk more than 1k, and you only say that the car will be breaking 13s, not matching an STi.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

who said 1 k I did not. Please read the hole post first. I said he spent about $3000 on his car. stock gti will run 15.3, add a chip which gives you around 50 hp and 80 tq that shave about 1 sec. add intake downpipe intercooler and exhaust and you will brake 13 sec, infact it will be mid to high 13 car. so if my EVO is running stock 13.2 and my frined sti is 13 lets say my brother gti should be 2 to 3 cars behind me hope that explaind to u.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:54 PM
TDC
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jessalyn
So... you just have Exhaust and Intake and you can take GTi's no problem??? How about my boyfriends. I told him about this tread and hes more then willing to give you a run you wont soon forget from 20-110 mph. Stops are out of the question due to his lack of anything close to what can support his hp/torque (205/50/15s blow)

He lives in College Station but he will be coming up fairly soon to Dallas to come see me, but a week afterwards I should be coming to College Station and we can all meet up in Houston where EOS meets and have a friendly lil race.

Question is... do you want to know what he has... or do you feel secure that you can beat any GTi

He hopes to hear from you soon.....
Ill race your boy for $500 any way he wants it
Old Mar 25, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

those VW engines are the best....undistructible
Old Mar 25, 2004, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Here is an interesting article about the R32 and it mentions the GTI as well:

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=09471447
Old Mar 25, 2004, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

indestructible, you mean.
Old Mar 25, 2004, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

See, I have a best friend that i know since 6th grade. His a smart nice guy but he has one ****ed up problem guess what it is??? he talks and argue about things that he does not know and i hate that so bad. now we have people on these forums that never drove a GTI, never had one, they dont even know what is the engine CR in it or what kinda turbo or anything they come in and say i will race your GTI or his. I mean are we kids here or what. I am not trying to race here, I am not trying to fight and argue cuz i dont care, all i wanted to say that GTI's are fast nice cars and i have raced couple of them and owned 4 thats all. then all i get is a guy who now is trying to race and the other who is saying that his accord will beat a GTI and so on, grow up and learn how to make sense in your life. Why would i lie. enough said time for bed.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 06:27 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally posted by onet0nsoup
accord coupe 6speed is that fast???? i have the seden and i hate driving that thing...feel like a cow...all slow and big...hehehe..but is the automatic...is just for me to drive when i don't feel like driving the evo
Yes, 6spd is that fast. The guy I saw a slip at 14.3 had only changed the tires because there is really not much out for 7gen.
Your auto sedan would go around 14.8 or 15 flat. Auto Coupe guys are doing 14.6s-14.8s all day. 6spd has a variabile intake and some other things a little tweaked from the factory and more agressive gearing and with a proper launch is a bit faster.
A lot of G35 guys and 350Z guys are suprized by the sleeper Accord.
However, my opinion is that this is not a car you buy for any kind of racing including drag.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

i like the design i think the curves and all are great looking and for a hatch it is one of the best...i would play are around with it but i would never buy one just not my style. would pimp it though as that is a sweet car...and yea vw can suprise you
Old Mar 26, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

who said 1 k I did not. Please read the hole post first. I said he spent about $3000 on his car. stock gti will run 15.3, add a chip which gives you around 50 hp and 80 tq that shave about 1 sec. add intake downpipe intercooler and exhaust and you will brake 13 sec, infact it will be mid to high 13 car. so if my EVO is running stock 13.2 and my frined sti is 13 lets say my brother gti should be 2 to 3 cars behind me hope that explaind to u.
no, i didn't say you said that... if you read the other thread about 350z vs. evo, vs. r32, jessalyn claims her BF is capable of beating an STi, 300zx in his 1.8T with only 1k in mods. i was completely blown by these claims, which is why i'm so curious as to VW tuning.

so in your opinion, her claims are unreasonable?

and as for the guy that said the vw engine is indestructible: a younger brother of an old friend of mine blew my friend's vr6 engine by down shifting when he wasn't supposed to.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Will no with 1K mode in a GTI you can beat an EVO. but with $3500 modes you will smoke EVO and STI. APR turbo kit puts you in mid 12 sec
Old Mar 26, 2004, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

what mods, at 1k would beat an evo??
Old Mar 26, 2004, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

you know what you just proved for me that you dont know jack about cars so good luck .

by the way chip+ intake+ samco hoses+ intercooler+ downpipe+ exhaust will make you GTI brkae 13 sec so as i said dont know jack stick with yr cute accord
these mods, as you've said, are more than 1k... and they're still slower than an evo if you're just "breaking" 13s.

i'm still confused.