Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Lighting Lap 2014, a Z/28 whipped the crap out of the M4 around V.I.R by almost a full ten seconds. And the R beat the Z/28

I get the refinement thing, I like Bimmers a lot, had a 135i and 335i. But to me, gushing over their quality interiors is being a dash molester. I realize the M is a huge cut above with a real limited slip, but you like Evos. They are no-compormise racecars. The GT350R is right up your alley. It's just a whole lot faster no-compromise racecar, and a performance bargain at $65k. My buddy did not pay some asinine markup.
I think it's missing the point as well. If you care about what material the dash is composed of, which I suppose is a fine concern, then you're probably not going to look at something like the M4 GTS anyways. M4 GTS, GT3 RS, GT350R, C63 Black Series, etc. are all designed with speed in mind. Only a lunatic would consider a car like that for daily driving or going on dates. I'd be genuinely embarrassed to pick up a girl in a car that has ****ing scaffolding in the backseat.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
its also gives you a 4 sec faster Nurburgring lap times etc...

It was never about the price remember?
""
...Since when was it never about the price? That's the entire ****ing point! The GT350R is a bargain because it offers supercar performance, without the supercar price tag.

but it is a fast car t the point we actually argue over it. ( so its undeniably fast) But there are things which makes it very unappealing to me vs other cars for that high price range. You guy said it some dealers selling them over if I remember right someone said around $80 grand. now that is stupid.
Yes the M4 GTS is expensive so as the original GT3 comparison which is even more expensive...
MSRP is about $65,000. What some dealers add as markup is irrelevant. Evos were marked up in Calgary when they first arrived. $60,000+ for an Evo MR is ****ing crazy, but some people bought $60,000 Evos because that's what dealers were selling them at. I have no doubt the M4 GTS will also see a markup. It's called being an advantageous business.

So as I said I just picked on eout of the crowed around the GT3 which also wouldn't be a wipe out on track. That was the original point of mine.
The Wipe out on track for the GT350R is a bit of stretch , that is my point here.

And you missed my point entirely by picking out one car, holding it up as an example, while ignoring the fact that your example isn't proven to be faster, but does cost twice as much. Is that the point you're making, that the GT350R costs $65,000 but is 4 seconds slower around a 7:30 track than a $134,000 BMW M4?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Lighting Lap 2014, a Z/28 whipped the crap out of the M4 around V.I.R by almost a full ten seconds. And the R beat the Z/28

I get the refinement thing, I like Bimmers a lot, had a 135i and 335i. But to me, gushing over their quality interiors is being a dash molester. I realize the M is a huge cut above with a real limited slip, but you like Evos. They are no-compormise racecars. The GT350R is right up your alley. It's just a whole lot faster no-compromise racecar, and a performance bargain at $65k. My buddy did not pay some asinine markup.

no its not lol

$65K is not a same as $35K (max). specially when you consider the all weather performance etc.
for $65 K there is tons of cars a head of that GT350R for me.
I don't see a $65+K mustang as bargain by a long shot, sorry.
(neither the $135K M4GTS by the way)
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

no its not lol

$65K is not a same as $35K (max). specially when you consider the all weather performance etc.
for $65 K there is tons of cars a head of that GT350R for me.
I don't see a $65+K mustang as bargain by a long shot, sorry.
(neither the $135K M4GTS by the way)
Cool, then don't buy one. I think $65,000 for a car that can keep up with or even beat supercars at the track is fantastic.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
...Since when was it never about the price? That's the entire ****ing point! The GT350R is a bargain because it offers supercar performance, without the supercar price tag.

MSRP is about $65,000. What some dealers add as markup is irrelevant. Evos were marked up in Calgary when they first arrived. $60,000+ for an Evo MR is ****ing crazy, but some people bought $60,000 Evos because that's what dealers were selling them at. I have no doubt the M4 GTS will also see a markup. It's called being an advantageous business.

And you missed my point entirely by picking out one car, holding it up as an example, while ignoring the fact that your example isn't proven to be faster, but does cost twice as much. Is that the point you're making, that the GT350R costs $65,000 but is 4 seconds slower around a 7:30 track than a $134,000 BMW M4?
are you reading actually what you write?

and this is what I said and I hold my point valid doesn't matter how much you try to twist it around:

The R would wipe the tarmac with a lot of cars that cost thousands upon thousands more. I'm not a domestic fan, but **** if that car isn't amazing.
that is a stretch. Competitive? yes, but that's all about it. No bargain no wipe.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, then don't buy one. I think $65,000 for a car that can keep up with or even beat supercars at the track is fantastic.
Keep up its fine so leave it that then LOL
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Fairly obvious Rob has never shared a track with a well setup mustang
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

are you reading actually what you write?

and this is what I said and I hold my point valid doesn't matter how much you try to twist it around:
We have one lap time that shows a 4 second difference. Letsgetthisdone made a good point earlier that it's the Ring after all, so how much of a difference really is 4 seconds over the course of a 7:30 lap time?

that is a stretch.
How is that a stretch? You haven't found a single car anywhere near it's price range that would give it a run for its money. The only car you've put forward costs $134,000. You've made my point for me. You have to spend thousands upon thousands more if you want a competitor, and I think you'd still have to buy domestic for that (Corvette Z06 maybe, Viper ACR).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
At least not in the last decade.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

wrong
and with a lot cheaper set up then $65K and not once, FYI
But I don't want to go there lol.
I even shared track (even drove) well over set up cars then mustangs which actually would decimate the mustang...
Just to stay with touring cars:

Last edited by Robevo RS; Feb 8, 2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, now we're comparing a $65,000 Mustang to a purpose built race car.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:41 PM
EvoM Guru

wrong
Sorry, still do not believe you.

If you had, you would not be making 98% of the comments you are making in this thread.

For somebody that actually races cars, you sure sound like a armchair quarterback most of the time, at least on the internet, or you just have a ton of free time and like to troll.

I even shared track (even drove) well over set up cars then mustangs which actually would decimate the mustang...
Oh cool! I've also shared track with expensive race cars, GT3 cup cars, Panoz race cars, Ferrari challenge cars, touring cars, etc. Cool man! *sarcasm* Cool!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, now we're comparing a $65,000 Mustang to a purpose built race car.
lol , I don't want it.

there is lot going this arguments, like tire choices , resale values , maintenance , etc.

As I said, the Mustang is fast it is, the later models are not just in drag

But I just got hooked on the wipe the most expensive cars, and specially when you guy started to bring one of my all time favorite the GT3 here as a comparison and still was like a wiping comments.

No the Mustang not wiping out super cars like the GT3 in real life. That is cool to read things in the magazines etc, but when you got to track that is different, and we all know that.

Mustangs are good but not great, in my opinion. GT3's and similar is a whole other level. period.

I think I said what I have to here . As long as you dont say the Mustangs wipes the GT3 and super cars ( which are well over priced the M4GTS ) again lol
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, still do not believe you.

If you had, you would not be making 98% of the comments you are making in this thread.

For somebody that actually races cars, you sure sound like a armchair quarterback most of the time, at least on the internet.
that's ok. Believe what you like. That makes you who you are
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Master of deflection, up there with nemsin.

Quick Reply: Mustangs