Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the SRT4?
The car is sick!! I\'d get one in a second...
18.47%
The performance is nuts, but the styling sucks
28.03%
It\'s alright for the money
31.21%
If I had nothing but money I\'d get one
8.92%
They suck, i\'ll never buy one!
13.38%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

SRT-4 | Anything and Everything [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And an M3 is just a heavily re-worked 323i, and an S4 is just an A4, and and and, blah blah blah.

P
Old Aug 12, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David21186
But right now im happy with my socalled neon, and if u guys say its still a neon, your evo is still a lancer. SAme thing they both have different engines, different suspention(evo's 100 times better), ect...
Ummmmm..NO!! EVOLUTION was way before Lancer...the lancer shares the side markers of the EVO, that's it...and I think they are different part numbers also!!

AS for this whole arguement...

SRT-4 (stock) = fast...EVO VIII (stock) = fast

SRT-4 (modified) = faster...EVO VIII (modified) = faster

There, that should make sense to all!
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:26 PM

Ok Im not trying to argue here... but I was always under the impression that the Evo was based on the Lancer..... and to me that means the egg came after the chicken.... The lancer was built first and then the Evo was later developed..... am I wrong here?

I remember reading about the first US spec Evo... side markers and tail lights, and basic shape is what R&T said they share... everything else is different. They begin building the Evo from the ground up, starting by reinforcing the Lancer body by 300%....the basis for its awesome handling

If you ask me..... the SRT-4 is more of a Neon than a Evo is a Lancer.....same comparison when it bomes to an M5 to a 5 series... etc etc.
Old Aug 12, 2004, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Wrong bro!! The EVOULTION has been around in Japan for over 12 years now. The USDM Lancer first showcased in 97-98...before that it was a Mirage or Protege'...So in this case, teh Chicken came before the egg.......I wish I could find an article that explains the developement and heritage of teh EVOLUTION platform, but I can't remember the website right now...
Old Aug 13, 2004, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
Wrong bro!! The EVOULTION has been around in Japan for over 12 years now. The USDM Lancer first showcased in 97-98...before that it was a Mirage or Protege'...So in this case, teh Chicken came before the egg.......I wish I could find an article that explains the developement and heritage of teh EVOLUTION platform, but I can't remember the website right now...
^^^ Thats the reason why some of us lancer owners look down upon evo owners, cuz this clown right here. Straight said, the evo been here longer than the lancer because its been in japan for 12years and the lancer first came here in the US 97.

News check you dumbass, the lancer was based in japan first, before it hit american market. Get ya facts right... the evo is based off the lancer, its not like they made the evo with 300% + chasis and tremendosly down-sized it for the lancer. Stop playing gran turismo 3, you retard.

P.S. The lancer came to america in o2, not 97 if im correct... and you call your self a lancer evolution owner.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
^^^ Thats the reason why some of us lancer owners look down upon evo owners, cuz this clown right here. Straight said, the evo been here longer than the lancer because its been in japan for 12years and the lancer first came here in the US 97.

News check you dumbass, the lancer was based in japan first, before it hit american market. Get ya facts right... the evo is based off the lancer, its not like they made the evo with 300% + chasis and tremendosly down-sized it for the lancer. Stop playing gran turismo 3, you retard.

P.S. The lancer came to america in o2, not 97 if im correct... and you call your self a lancer evolution owner.

What I was trying to say was that the EVO is not based on the USDM version of the Lancer, which most people assume it is...I am well aware that teh Lancer has been in Japan longer than the EVOLUTION...And I am an EVO owner...says so right on the title...regardless of tedious little tidbits of banch-racing info that you obviously know, I own an EVO...what do you drive again?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

^^^ will duh dumbass, your an evo owner, but this post right here shows how much you know about the evo or lancer for that matter. Your just like about 75% of everybody else who just bought the car for its specs, not knowing a dam thing about it, i mean you do know its a japanese made vehicle right. You dont know its, an evoVIII as in a series of other cars its evolved from a lancer

Like i said, stop playing grant turismo 3, and thats for ps2... did you know that?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Actually, Gran Turismo III is a bit old now, I am much more inclined to play NEW EA sports titles that aren't on sale at Wal-mart for $14.99 that those who have to salvage food stamps and starve their off-spring to be able to buy...as for wasting time battling with jack-asses like you, I have learned long ago, no matter what you say, or what you do, there will always be some moron has to prove how little intelligence and testicular fortitude he has by trying to make people seem stupid by posting random peices of information that they think will make them seem intelligent or look cool to the other intenet dorks (your make belive friends)...so in conclusion, before I let you get back to your pizza delivery route, that you brilliantly spent your entire lunch break thinking of witty come-backs (great time management by the way), so you can keep working to save up for your 06-07 Skyline GTR...But based on the 2 monster machines you so proudly tote as your "current rides," I highly doubt any thing that is a true GTR will ever see a covered spot in front of your beach front home (doublewide illegally parked in malibu), unless of course it's the game that your so intelligently brought up, GTIII...enjoy those deliveries chucklehead, gotta study for a final...
Old Aug 16, 2004, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

^^^ thanks for the new york best seller, you saved me time from my pizza route to read it here instead of picking it up, . Oh yes, the big bad evo owner thinks he has me now, cuz he sports an evo and I have a o1 sentra and o2 lancer, dam i might aswell commit suicide. (please show where i proudly tote my vehicle) Oh, and let me stop putting money in the bank for my GTR, because I guess nobody saves up money for a downpayment on a vehicle, huh???... dumbass. Anyways, you got owned 4 post back and you have no **** to say but pride your evo over my 2 vehicles. You ****ed up facts, i backed them up, and now all you can say is, i deliver pizza . I work at a doctor office, a neurologist office, im an EEG/EMG Tech, and while im looking at getting me an evo, Im saving money in the bank for the new GTR.

Now Im sorry, if GT3 is a lil too old for you, stop playing NFSU... thats not real street racing
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Aren't you done yet? Don't you have something better to do? Like figuring out if putting a car in nuetral saves gas? HAHAHAHAHAH...You and your friend are on to something...such a cutting edge topic? As for saving mney for a new car, I wasn't knocking you for that...but for the 2006-07 Skyline GTR that is fictional at this point is hilliarious! Now, go ahead and finish cleaning up the mess in the waiting room of your "doctor's office."

As for you stating facts...sorry, but I don't really care to find every boring detail about a monster 120hp (if you're lucky), fuel effiecent (which is BS too) piece of **** like the Lancer, whether it be the sorry USDM version, or the JDM version. Both are pitiful, ugly, and slow, so why bother sweating the details of a car like that...you are obviously the smarter of the two here when it comes to automotive prowess, so why can't we just end this NOW!! Quit acting like a pouting little *****!! PLEASE...

And btw...putting a car nuetral while at a light for maybe 30 seconds at a time will definately NOT save gas! GENIUS, pure GENIUS!! Why not just do it while rolling down a hill too! G

Last edited by EVIL VIII; Aug 16, 2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ thanks for the new york best seller, you saved me time from my pizza route to read it here instead of picking it up, . Oh yes, the big bad evo owner thinks he has me now, cuz he sports an evo and I have a o1 sentra and o2 lancer, dam i might aswell commit suicide. (please show where i proudly tote my vehicle) Oh, and let me stop putting money in the bank for my GTR, because I guess nobody saves up money for a downpayment on a vehicle, huh???... dumbass. Anyways, you got owned 4 post back and you have no **** to say but pride your evo over my 2 vehicles. You ****ed up facts, i backed them up, and now all you can say is, i deliver pizza . I work at a doctor office, a neurologist office, im an EEG/EMG Tech, and while im looking at getting me an evo, Im saving money in the bank for the new GTR.

Now Im sorry, if GT3 is a lil too old for you, stop playing NFSU... thats not real street racing
dude stop being a dick. Recess ended years ago.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Aren't you done yet? Don't you have something better to do? Like figuring out if putting a car in nuetral saves gas? HAHAHAHAHAH...You and your friend are on to something...such a cutting edge topic? As for saving mney for a new car, I wasn't knocking you for that...but for the 2006-07 Skyline GTR that is fictional at this point is hilliarious! Now, go ahead and finish cleaning up the mess in the waiting room of your "doctor's office."

As for you stating facts...sorry, but I don't really care to find every boring detail about a monster 120hp (if you're lucky), fuel effiecent (which is BS too) piece of **** like the Lancer, whether it be the sorry USDM version, or the JDM version. Both are pitiful, ugly, and slow, so why bother sweating the details of a car like that...you are obviously the smarter of the two here when it comes to automotive prowess, so why can't we just end this NOW!! Quit acting like a pouting little *****!! PLEASE...

And btw...putting a car nuetral while at a light for maybe 30 seconds at a time will definately NOT save gas! GENIUS, pure GENIUS!! Why not just do it while rolling down a hill too! G
^^^ , did i hurt your feelings, what did you do... do a search on my old topic, to try to make me look stupid, classic. I think we should all be childish and try to find old topics on people to make them look stupid.

Go ahead and diss the lancer, thats all you can do - you think i feel bad because im not a turbo/awd car , but fact is there be no evo, without the lancer and that's all i pointed out, and you got all touchy touchy about it. Like, without ya parents, there be no YOU. Just admit, you messed up the facts and I came and backed them up with truth, Everything else, thats been said between me and you is irrlevant, this is based on facts. I never dissed your evo, so do you feel like the bigger man for dissing my lancer? You act like I pissed on your rims or something.

<-- Dont forget, its both on our cars.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Nope, no search, just so happens that you were the person that replied to me about buying the EVO license plate frame, so while looking for that topic, I saw your brilliant thread about gas conservation...BTW, it's been proven that it doesn't help! As for me making fun of your car, I was not...I was saying that knowing useless facts about cars like Civics, Lancers, etc. was not in my interest...as for the Lancer being the "parent" to the EVO...I could give two *****...you're still a douchbag for wasting not only your time, but my time as well, and a moron for thinking that any of this bothers me...I am actually enjoying pushing your buttons and having post back so you can have the last word...Now, isn't there a colostomy bag or a dirty trash can you need to clean out in your "doctor's office?"
Old Aug 16, 2004, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Oh, and the Lancer is the frame that's it...not the motor, not the drivetrain, just the frame...THAT WAS MADE 300000000 times better...read further dipsh!t...

Lancer Evolution was first offered in the 1992 model year. Mitsubishi dressed up the base Lancer economy sedan with the motor and drivetrain out of their previous rally car, the Galant VR-4. (The Galant VR-4 was also the basis for the US-market Mistubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon/Chrysler Laser cars.)

The pumped-up Lancer did great on the rally circuit, and Lancer Evolution was followed by seven addtional iterations, most of which were dominant forces on the World Rally Championship (WRC) circuit. Starting with Evo IV, the Evo got a new-generation chassis, with the motor flipped around for better packaging and weight distribution considerations.

Evo VII was yet again a new body, growing in size and weight, but also applying all that had been learned in the previous generations. It boasted 276 hp, active center differential with computerized yaw control, and tons of other high-technology.

For all this time, though, the Evolution was not available to the U.S. public. Mitsubishi finally caved in and federalized the car after Subaru brought in the arch-rival WRX in the 2002 model year, and in March of 2003 the Evo VIII blasted onto the U.S. showroom floors. The 2003 car is identical to the Evo offered in other parts of the world, with the exception of slightly lower rated horsepower figures, a five-speed tranny instead of a six-speed, and the lack of the active center diff. We don't miss that fancy differential here at Mach V, but we'd take the six-speed.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Ummmmm..NO!! EVOLUTION was way before Lancer...
^^^ thats your post.

Wrong bro!! The EVOULTION has been around in Japan for over 12 years now. The USDM Lancer first showcased in 97-98...before that it was a Mirage or Protege'...So in this case, teh Chicken came before the egg.......
^^^ that is your reply to SporkLover post. Also a Protege' a mazda, not a mistubishi.

You dont know its, an evoVIII as in a series of other cars its evolved from a lancer
^^^ thats my post stating the lancer came before the evo

Lancer Evolution was first offered in the 1992 model year. Mitsubishi dressed up the base Lancer economy sedan with the motor and drivetrain out of their previous rally car, the Galant VR-4. (The Galant VR-4 was also the basis for the US-market Mistubishi Eclipse/Eagle Talon/Chrysler Laser cars.)
^^^ That's part of your post, that clearly states what I WAS TELLING YOU before. Me and your arguement had to do with the fact of what came first, the lancer or the evo, this had nothing to do with chasis. You stated, not once, but twice the evo and I told you the lancer. Than you bring up the real fact that the lancer did come first, than say something about it being the chasis.l You didnt bring up or mention anything about the evo chasis part, SporkLover did. Keep on topic, forget the name calling, be real... what came first, the evo or lancer? Its an lancer evolution, not an evolution lancer. Stop with the ignorance.

So, with all the fact, quoted... you got OWNED.
P.S. Do you think making fun of my job makes me look bad, i work in the medical field, there is nothing funny or bad about what I do.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 | Anything and Everything [ALL THREADS MERGED]