Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Civic Type R

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Ask yourself this, why would a fwd car need downforce in the rear? Wouldn't that take weight off the front wheels as downforce starts to push down on the rear? I mean if I'm wrong I can accept that but I doubt it.

Fwd - Aero yes
Fwd - rear downforce ??

the car is more stable at high speed, for start

but here is a bit more detailed version for you question.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Oct 1, 2016 at 11:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Migsubishi (Oct 1, 2016)
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
the car is more stable at high speed, for start

but here is a bit more detailed version for you question.

4 Reasons FWD Cars Need Spoilers - YouTube
Someone give this man a

However probably unnecessary for the civic in your driveway had to say it lol

Thanks brother, now I finally get it!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
you are welcome.

Sure we do not need those wings around legal speed limits. But when you take these cars on track, they do make a difference.
Also you can be sure those wings are tunnel tested , so they do work with a car very balanced.

Problem starts when people put wings on they car with 0 research besides finding the cheapest ones.. lol

Then you have 0 down force to lift effects etc, Those wings are truly unnecessary, and you better of without them. these type of factory wings are generally working as they intended to do.

Nothing crazy though, just make a car run stable, and most possibly balanced as a factory car can be at they price range.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 01:16 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
There is no need for a come back because your only arguing with yourself, I refuse to argue with stupid. Plus I really have no interest in anything you have to say.

To the rest of you
, thanks for your input but like previously mentioned I'm just into drag racing so the rest is irrelevant to me which is why I questioned downforce on a fwd car.
Okay, so you are sensitive and your panties are still in a bunch. Toughen up, butter cup, it's just the internet. I apologize for hurting your feelings. Someone once told me: if you apologize to someone and they still act like a dick, they are just a dick. So, now I guess we'll see if you come back with another elementary-school quality reply or calm down. Or maybe I'm just a big meany stupid head.

Someone give this man a

However probably unnecessary for the civic in your driveway had to say it lol

Thanks brother, now I finally get it!
The wing on an Evo isn't necessary, nor on an STi, etc unless they are on track; that's no different than this Civic. They are, however, slightly useful for those of us that plan to use the car as intended, so we are thankful for them. ...
until we get to the point where we need more, that is. Because we all know "fast" is never "fast enough" and we always want to go faster.

Well, hey. we both learned something from this thread. Sometimes the internet IS helpful.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 07:05 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Garish. FWD. Do not want.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Personally I think the car's gonna look great stanced with some sick camber.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is ghastly.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

I just threw-up in my mouth a little bit.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 05:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
What happened to the CTR days of old? I miss the EK9.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Regulations happened. Still we have begged for a type R here in the states and now that they seem to be bringing one people are already complaining even though the specs are not final and it seems to be doing great at the nurburgring. Sounds like a good way to make sure we don't ever get another shot at one...
Old Oct 27, 2016, 07:20 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Regulations happened. Still we have begged for a type R here in the states and now that they seem to be bringing one people are already complaining even though the specs are not final and it seems to be doing great at the nurburgring. Sounds like a good way to make sure we don't ever get another shot at one...
The public = complains either way LOL

But I do agree the EK is the best CTR.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
I have no issues with it from a performance stand point, nor do I care that it is FWD - I'd expect that from Honda. My problem is with the styling. It is a mess of ideas and contrasting forms and it just looks like something a high school kid would come up with crossed with something from a Burnout or GTA game where they mixed a bunch of things together so it doesn't look like any particular brand with some 90's NOPI sprinkled in on top.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Yea its pretty aggressive, but im sure people said the same about the evo at some point. Yea im sure Honda would love to be able to produce a vehicle like the EK Type R and have it be legal, because it would sell like crazy! But new safety regulations pretty much have killed that..
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by GPTourer
I have no issues with it from a performance stand point, nor do I care that it is FWD - I'd expect that from Honda. My problem is with the styling. It is a mess of ideas and contrasting forms and it just looks like something a high school kid would come up with crossed with something from a Burnout or GTA game where they mixed a bunch of things together so it doesn't look like any particular brand with some 90's NOPI sprinkled in on top.
I'm thinking it would have looked great in a Batman movie 25 years ago.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the body style of this honda. The only disappointing thing is that its turbo and not an NA screaming 10,000 rpm engine...

Quick Reply: Civic Type R