Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Civic Type R

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Just like with the Focus RS, there will be dealers selling the CTR without a markup. Just have to search nationwide and ignore dealers trying to score that markup money.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 03:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
personally i think the whole dealer model of selling cars is antiquated and we should be able to order direct from the MFG. Tesla really has the right idea with its model IMO.

There is nothing wrong with dealers, but they shouldn't be allowed (in their contract with the OEM) to sell above MSRP. Half the time a car is in the design phase its engineering vs accounting trying to get the car to perform, while also hitting the set price point. Then these cars go to the dealers and get smacked with mark up anyways. I'm sure that makes the manufacturer warm and fuzzy inside. Then the cars don't sell as expected, due to stupid mark ups. So the manufacturer deems it an unsuccessful program, and the car gets axed after 2yrs.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 03:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
Just like with the Focus RS, there will be dealers selling the CTR without a markup. Just have to search nationwide and ignore dealers trying to score that markup money.
I think it depends if there's enough supply to meet demand. if each dealer is only getting 1 or 2, I think all of them will be marked up. if the dealers get as much as they want, then there will be dealers selling them at msrp

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
There is nothing wrong with dealers, but they shouldn't be allowed (in their contract with the OEM) to sell above MSRP. Half the time a car is in the design phase its engineering vs accounting trying to get the car to perform, while also hitting the set price point. Then these cars go to the dealers and get smacked with mark up anyways. I'm sure that makes the manufacturer warm and fuzzy inside. Then the cars don't sell as expected, due to stupid mark ups. So the manufacturer deems it an unsuccessful program, and the car gets axed after 2yrs.
this. if I worked at an automotive manufacturer and had enough clout to do something about it, I'd make it a personal vendetta to make sure dealers aren't doing markups. and if I wasn't in a position with that kinda juice, I'd but someone who did all the time.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 03:40 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
I think whomever designed the CTR also designed the c7 corvette.

The Evo X looks good dropped and flushed, until you get to the rear.

I was hooked when I saw my first ct9a. Very aggressive. I'll always like it. The racier, the better. Show Car versions bore me.

all subjective, of course.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

you can buy a C7 vette for less than a CTR...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 05:14 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by warmmilk

Lesser of two evils?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 05:26 PM
EvoM Guru

at least with the vette you're getting rwd... and over 400hp... and double wishbones all around...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
A 2018 Focus RS still might be more expensive than the CTR.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 05:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by moparfan
A 2018 Focus RS still might be more expensive than the CTR.
MSRP or with dealer mark up? MSRP its already more expensive, dealer mark up I don't see... its not a new model, just a front diff upgrade and a few bs pieces that don't matter. its not suddenly gonna see a bigger mark up than it had when the car went on sale.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The CTR has the mad tyte JDM street cred.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
335 isn't the only better car you can get for 55k, the list is very long
Just to be clear, I paid nowhere near 50k for the 335i nor would I lol.

I paid less than 25k for it. It was 6 years old at the time.

Like I said, I'll keep the Evo. I'm happy with it (says the guy who hasn't driven it in 3 years lol)

If people want to pay 20k over for a CTR then hey, it's their money.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
For the love of Christ, please stop.
Wow, Sir yes Sir, I'm very sorry I thought it pertained to the conversation to mention what I've seen over the years, didn't mean to bother you with my post I apologize. Feel free to set up to completely ignore my posts in future threads at anytime. Best of luck to you and your race EVO, I dig your racing experience and post regarding such.

On CTR topic: I love the new CTR even signed up some time back now to get updates on release,specs, dealer contact, etc when they arrived. As a former Integra GSR and Civic Si owner I really like it and cannot wait to see them around and what companies bring to the table with them.

Crappy that I'll likely never be able to get into something like that ever again.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 01:40 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Wow, Sir yes Sir, I'm very sorry I thought it pertained to the conversation to mention what I've seen over the years, didn't mean to bother you with my post I apologize. Feel free to set up to completely ignore my posts in future threads at anytime. Best of luck to you and your race EVO, I dig your racing experience and post regarding such.

On CTR topic: I love the new CTR even signed up some time back now to get updates on release,specs, dealer contact, etc when they arrived. As a former Integra GSR and Civic Si owner I really like it and cannot wait to see them around and what companies bring to the table with them.

Crappy that I'll likely never be able to get into something like that ever again.
The thread got locked once because of that topic. You may have missed the bull**** that was going on because posts were deleted. Some of us would prefer to keep the thread going.
It was a headache, trust me.
And I don't think anyone on this forum will be willing to pay mark up on a CTR. It really is a shame. Maybe once it's a few years old, though I'm afraid they will be beat to crap from people drag racing them every weekend.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
CTR, drag race?

Yea I've never even paid MSRP for any new car I've purchased to date. I would never pay an adjusted market price on a vehicle, that is a terrible financial decision IMO, I guess if money wasn't an object great, it's still a terrible financial decision but who cares at that point. I always tend to shy away on any completely new platforms first MY also. But I absolutely wanted more information about it at that time, funny I only got that info last week followed buy emails and calls from local dealers. I never answered, the phone or responded to emails.

You look hard enough and are willing to travel you'll get one at MSRP eventually, which I would pay for a car I really wanted to own.

Unfortunately for me I'll likely never get that exp to buy said vehicle's again like I said prior, but I love seeing the new performance cars companies are bringing to the plate. In love with the CTR,FoRS,FiST, and the 4C currently. Hope someone I know or meet will offer a ride in any of the above someday.

Should have bought a damn FiST instead of the same car after a bad multi vehicle total loss accident 3 years ago. But nooo had to have the same car again, sucker!!

And yes I missed many deleted post and thread clean up from that previous rant on warranty crap, my apologies.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
so... i am in a racing shop in the EU, and they had a CTR on dyno tuned bone stock. Made almost 30hp extra vs stock...

I am getting a feeling this i will be, and i hope not, the new RS story. Great as stock, and then fast down hill as you start modding it with extra power.

I am trully hoping its not the case. But on a bright side, Evo still will be a banch mark for a while under $40k cars

Quick Reply: Civic Type R