Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Low Mileage IX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A friend sold his heavily modded 03 Evo for his asking price of $35k in 3 days. If you have what someone values and wants they will be happy to pay for it.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by BillAce
A friend sold his heavily modded 03 Evo for his asking price of $35k in 3 days. If you have what someone values and wants they will be happy to pay for it.
Agree with your second statement... in a similar retrospect a heavily modded Evo and a low mileage unmolested Evo are two different animals with two different price points which vary since you have two types of buyers.

My point is if you take a heavily modded 03 and stock 03 that is clean and has low mileage, me personally will gravitate to the unmolested car. While someone else may choose the modded.

Plus we are talking Evo 9s here as they inherently hold their value better than any 8.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Again, I see no point in paying a premium for this particular car. Why would you pay a ton of money for a car with rusty and corroded underbody parts just because the car is low mileage?

As a car collector, I'd rather buy a 50k mile Evo IX with a pretty undercarriage and that was well taken care of than buy a super low mileage car with a rusty underbody.

If the original owner had just kept it garaged in the winter and never drove it in salt, a premium would make more sense.

Driving in salt is like giving your car AIDS.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
maybe the low mileage IX may go up, but I don't see the price exceeding 40k. I see a good amount of IXs sitting carrying a asking price anywhere from 30k to 35k unless its stock and the miles are exceptionally low. Initially I thought they may reach Supra prices but now I think about it I don't think it will. I rather have a R32 Skyline for that price.