Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Anthonyrb98

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthonyrb98

i sold anthonyrb98 an electronic boost controller and was paid(paypalled) late in the day on friday the 8th and as advised I had it shipped on the 9th via UPS..

I am very busy at work, so i dont always get a chance to check EVOM, the buyer messaged me twice asking for the part, i didnt get an email, for some reason so i didnt notice. so fast forward to June 17th, he starts a claim on Paypal, stating he didnt receive the merchandise.

i get the tracking number, that ups didnt produce originally for some reason and it got delivered yesterday the 18th, i add the tracking number to the paypal claim and i message and email him....

since he couldnt be patient for a part to go from texas to washington, i am not being patient for him to resolve this claim on paypal and unlock my account..
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:03 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Had your correspondence been through email prior to that? I am trying to figure out how you feel your complete lack of communication after taking his money = him being a bad buyer. Sure he probably jumped the gun slightly, but if you took my money and didn't respond to PM's or send a tracking number for over a week, I probably would have done the same.

It sounds like you are trying to do a preemptive strike on him to hide your own lack of service to the buyer. I think this is going to backfire on you, but I'll let others chime in with their thoughts.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
Had your correspondence been through email prior to that? I am trying to figure out how you feel your complete lack of communication after taking his money = him being a bad buyer. Sure he probably jumped the gun slightly, but if you took my money and didn't respond to PM's or send a tracking number for over a week, I probably would have done the same.

It sounds like you are trying to do a preemptive strike on him to hide your own lack of service to the buyer. I think this is going to backfire on you, but I'll let others chime in with their thoughts.

+1

Well said.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
If you take someone's money, the least you could do is take a few minutes out of your day to communicate with the buyer. Its not his fault you took money and disappeared. He thought you were ignoring him so he took a precaution to protect his money. You were in the wrong for not communicating with him and now you are trying to cover your back by making him out to be the bad guy.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63Rules
If you take someone's money, the least you could do is take a few minutes out of your day to communicate with the buyer. Its not his fault you took money and disappeared. He thought you were ignoring him so he took a precaution to protect his money. You were in the wrong for not communicating with him and now you are trying to cover your back by making him out to be the bad guy.
This +1.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If he paid you in an appropriate amount of time, the amount he said he would without any problems or nonsense, then as a buyer about 95% of his job is complete. If for some reason he tried to do a charge-back, tried to scam you or filed the claim within a couple days without proper communication, then fine, he may be at fault.

Sounds to me like he did everything a buyer is supposed to do, short of calling you on your personal phone or emailing you on what you considered an appropriate medium. 10 days is more than enough time to wait before taking action. If I'm going to sell/buy something that is forum related, you bet your behind that I'm going to be checking any type of messaging associated with that sale daily. Plain and simple, you are at fault for poor communication and your thread is libel.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

If I order a part on the 8th of the month and dont get a response for over 7 days then yes, opening a claim!

If he's been communication through e-mail and PM's and all of a sudden after he paysyou, he doesn't hear from the seller after trying to reach him for days and days...P*CK YEAH !! I'm going to open a claim. HE WAITED 10 days to hear a response back, hey i bet when you were selling the part and before you got paid you checked your pm's every day huh!! All of a sudden after he pays you, you dont have the decency to atleast respond saying, "shipped, will get tracking number to you soon". I mean WTF!!!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
being a member here since 2009 you must've been aware of the numerous times a buyer gets scammed here or any car forum / website.

you should have exhausted all means to communicate with the buyer to ensure he doesnt feel he is getting scammed, heck even real scammers communicate well the first few days before disappearing.

7 days is more than enough i would have done it earlier if it was me.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't we all just get along?!?!?!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
being a member here since 2009 you must've been aware of the numerous times a buyer gets scammed here or any car forum / website.

you should have exhausted all means to communicate with the buyer to ensure he doesnt feel he is getting scammed, heck even real scammers communicate well the first few days before disappearing.

7 days is more than enough i would have done it earlier if it was me.
+1! I have old PM's with a from back in '09 member that went on and on and on and.... a few parts were sent then the "more" expensive" parts just never made it. He MIA but is still on the fourms. Lesson learned, my lesson. I just bought some parts and just got it in at my shop today. paid last week and never got a tracking number but I never jumped the gun because he kept tight PM's with me opjohnsmith! and uhhhson So to everybody who sells parts on evoM please be real because most people can smell fake because it also smells like ****
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Anthonyrb98 is the guy who was selling wiper plugs that a lot of us have. Recently his thread disappeared. Seem like a good guy.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
He's a northwest guy and hasn't done any shady **** around here. I'd say Anthonyrb98 is good to go.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought anthonyrb98s FS635 turbo for $1K from him a few months ago and he let me make payments over a few weeks. Shipped the turbo the same day I made the last payment and it's was in solid condition with no shaft play at all.

Very easy transaction with him altogether.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i wonder how you would respond in his position... I have a feeling you would be even worst then him. Based on your own post.

He did a right thing. I would do a same.
If the buyer pays what you ask fair and squere , i cant see how anything from there could be his fault ....
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Correspondence was by email, besides the fact that my email was my paypal address. Evom doesnt always alert me when someone pms me.

Quick Reply: Anthonyrb98