Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Levar - junkboxEvo - _des_ VIII/IX Turbo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Levar
We have some serious issues, my friend. The so-called stock IX turbo you sold to me is actually an EVO VIII turbo with a 10.5 hot side. We need to get this solved immediately.
Pmed u right back with my cell number. Like I told u in the pm, I'm no scammer, I originally got the turbo from a local guy I kno & he had a Evo 9. No worries tho. Hit me up & we'll fix this quick bro.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by junkboxEvo
Pmed u right back with my cell number. Like I told u in the pm, I'm no scammer, I originally got the turbo from a local guy I kno & he had a Evo 9. No worries tho. Hit me up & we'll fix this quick bro.
The ONLY way this is going to be fixed is by you refunding ALL of my money and sending me an accurate return address for the turbo, my friend.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

I am not replying to a PM as this will be in the open. I have been a loyal member on here for years without misleading anyone and it will not begin today.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not trying to mislead anyone either... I've always replied right back everytime you contact me, including late last night. I only said pm me or call to not keep bumping an old 4/s thread & knockin current 4/s threads back. I haven't been on here as long as you but I've always and will always continue to do right as a seller & a buyer. I'm not posting my adress on a thread, so if you want my adress pm me along with your PayPal. & since you didn't answer my question in the pm mabe you'll answer it here. I'm just wondering why it took you 3 weeks to contact me? I would think that you would have contacted me when you received the turbo.

Anyway, I really am sorry for the inconvenience to you. This couldn't have Happend at a worse time, being that I just blew my motor & am tight on cash, wich was the whole purpose of selling the turbo... But that has nothing to do with you. I was going to ask you if I could have sent you another actual 9 turbo that came off my actual car plus some cash from my end. But if a full refund is what you want then that's your going to get. Money comes & goes. I rather do right by you & any other future customer or seller. Send the turbo back & you will be refunded.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by junkboxEvo
I'm not trying to mislead anyone either... I've always replied right back everytime you contact me, including late last night. I only said pm me or call to not keep bumping an old 4/s thread & knockin current 4/s threads back. I haven't been on here as long as you but I've always and will always continue to do right as a seller & a buyer. I'm not posting my adress on a thread, so if you want my adress pm me along with your PayPal. & since you didn't answer my question in the pm mabe you'll answer it here. I'm just wondering why it took you 3 weeks to contact me? I would think that you would have contacted me when you received the turbo.

Anyway, I really am sorry for the inconvenience to you. This couldn't have Happend at a worse time, being that I just blew my motor & am tight on cash, wich was the whole purpose of selling the turbo... But that has nothing to do with you. I was going to ask you if I could have sent you another actual 9 turbo that came off my actual car plus some cash from my end. But if a full refund is what you want then that's your going to get. Money comes & goes. I rather do right by you & any other future customer or seller. Send the turbo back & you will be refunded.
When the turbo arrived, I was not in a rush to have it installed and the unopened box sat in my spare room. It was not until mid last week when I found out. If you have another turbo, send it to my home address (sent via PM).
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I bought the IX setup from Levar. It arrived late Saturday at my work. I opened the box and visually inspected it, But one thing caught my eye, The j-pipe(turbo outlet). It looked alittle different then what I was used to seeing. I said I'll look into it later since I was busy at the time.

A good thread to tell the difference.

http://www.wi-dsm.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2120

What I received.
Remember an evo 9 turbo is a 16G6C

Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

ok now this is just complicating things... this whole time ive been trying to get this issue resolved because i thought (levar) still had this turbo. NOT that (levar) sold it to another person. i actually went back & re read mine & levars email conversation. there i found that i truley did my best to send him all the pics he asked me for. including the one that im attaching down below. he specifically asked me for a pic of the turbine housing so that he can read the numbers off of it. i sent him the picture he asked for, he "varified" and sent me the payment.

i havent been a member on here nearly as long as levar. im actually new to the evo game. so im still learning a bunch of things. this being one of them. however levars has been here since 05 like he said, so being that he asked me for that specific pic & i sent it to him right away. i would think that right then & there he would have replied and informed me what the turbo actually was.

with that being said, this whole situation has been bothering me all day, i actually explained the situation to a few ppl, including a few evo guys that i kno & also my tuner. and once i told them all the curvball of levar not even owning the turbo anymore they all said the same thing. & thats basically that i sent all the pics that were asked for, he made the decision to purchase it and he made the decision to sell it. even if he didnt sell it, its the same thing because i sent the pics that were asked for...how can any one buy anything from somebody, sell it to another person and when that person actually knows the difrence, expect thee original owner to refund em?? so does that mean i have to chase down the guy who sold it to me?? no! i made the error of not searching the turbine housing, and apparently so did larver. this situation is now between levar and des.

this whole thing really does stink, and i dont wanna come off as the bad guy here, but i just cant do anything else about this. thee only thing that im still actually willing to do for (des) is send you the spare 9 turbo parts that i have for free. i actually looked at that housing today & it has the C' where des showed it belongs... thee only issue with that part is that the turbine wheel is slightly bent, however the housing is in mint condtion. i can ship that to you (des) along with the back part as well. pm me your adress if you would like those parts bro. im sorry about all this, and i really hope you see my point of view on all this.

attached is the pic of the email levar sent me askin for the specific pic & the actual pic i sent.

Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

I see that you are doing all that you can to remedy this situation. It depends on what Des feels comfortable with. Yes, I asked for the picture posted and the only thing I looked for was the 10.5 housing. That said, I took you being a straight up seller as comfort to sell the turbo unseen to another member. I did this due to finding a FP Red for sell at a great price. I hoped all things worked out but my attention to detail is putting Des in a bind and I apologize for it. If he wants part/all of his money back I will send it.

Standing by...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

This is how the situation took place:

1. I saw the for sale thread for a "stock IX turbo" selling for $500.
2. I could not tell from the posted pictures whether or not the turbo had a 10.5 hot side and so I asked for an additional picture to be posted.
3. I did not view the full nomenclature and only verified that it was indeed a 10.5 hot side.
4. I sent the $500 shortly after confirming this.
5. The turbo was shipped from New Jersey to Arizona.
6. During its shipping time, I saw a great deal on a FP Red which I quickly purchased (before the stock IX turbo arrived to Arizona).
7. I noticed that DES was looking for a stock IX turbo. I contacted him via PM and informed him that I had one.
8. I sold him the turbo for $400 since I had no use for it.

I only sold DES the turbo (yet physically unseen by me) based on the seller history for the OP.

Is it the responsibility of the OP to ensure that what is being sold is the actual part or is it the responsibility of the buyer to ensure beforehand what is being purchased?

I know that depending on which side of the fence you are on the answers will vary.

That being said, it looks like it is my fault for not 100% verifying what I purchased. I do not understand how the OP is not in some way equally responsible. The time of him being notified is irrevelant and I would have to say that his counsel is unwise.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sadevoowner
HANDS DOWN it is the SELLERS responsibility to truthfully and honestly post what they are selling, is true and correct. In the first place, the original poster definitely was in the wrong there is no question about that.

Where this went wrong, is you sold an item listing it as an ix turbo web it wasn't. You sold something without physically verifying anything.
I have no right to peruse the original seller because I purchased the turbo from Levar. But I feel Levar has a right to peruse the original seller because he sold him a turbo that was not as described.

Originally Posted by sadevoowner
I agree that the original poster should make it right without a doubt.

DES is the one who got shafted on this because he's the one who ended up actually needing this,
It was very nice of you to help him and suggest that u could sell him the turbo u just purchased. That's how Evo owners should be, helping one another.
Levar has said he will do everything to make it right, But if the Orignal seller does not do anything for Lever then he is being screwed over bad.

I pretty much need a refund or an evo 9 turbo
Old Aug 9, 2012, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

And if the mods can get involved in this that would be awesome.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:16 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I think you have two options here.
  1. Everyone refunds the money and the turbo (in the same form it was sent to Levar) is sent back to junkboxEvo and _des_ looks for a new turbo
  2. junkboxEvo works directly with _des_ to make this right

Also, if you're not directly involved with the transactions keep your off topic comments to yourself while we get this resolved.

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

I like option #1
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:55 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This whole thing seems like one giant miscommunication.

You guys are adults, I'm sure you're more than capable of resolving this.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

thee only thing that really bothers me about this whole situation is that i feel Levar is trying to put this whole thing on me. if you guys read this whole post. what was the 1st thing i said to levar wen he told me we have a problem?? i said i will refund you your money! but then when i find out that he sold it to des (and NEVER told me he sold it) i then felt a little angry because right there & then its like Levar wanted to assume ZERO responsibility & put it all on me. thats just not right. to me thee only one who made the honest mistake was me! and thats basically taking the word of another person who sold ME the turbo telling me it was a 9. i have an 06 rs. i bent the turbine on that turbo and looked for another 9 turbo. thee only way i knew how to tell the diff was from the 10.5 stamp. so i bought it. you see how this can all be a chain? like i said before, am i supposed to now chase down the guy who i paid 500 bucks to for that turbo (with out the forge wg)?

another thing, levar claims he never even opened the package?? does anyone here really believe that? i mean Cmon man, u dont even know me, i could have sent you a box of bricks or sumthing. when he said that i just felt like he was trying to play the whole victim role. regardles if you didnt use it, you had to have opened it and checked it out. this is going on a month since thee original transaction. everything was peachy till a few days ago. im on this forum everyday. never had any type of problems.

like i said before i really do feel bad about this whole situation. i even gave levar & des my personal cell number so either can call or text me to resolve this and never recieved any contact from neither (ecept des through a pm) im not trying to hide anything. thee original person who got beat was basically me. and now im supposed to fully refund a seller to whom i sent all the pics and info that was given to me? who then turned around & sold it to somebody else 3 weeks later? just makes no sense to me. i offered des my original 9 turbo parts, wich are in good condition, minus the bent turbine ofcourse. and i obviously cant force him to take that. i see the 10.5 side selling for like 200 bucks alone. and i kno for a fact that the housing is mint.

at this point im sorry but i just cant see how i can take full responsibility for all this.

my last attempt to try and resolve this is to offer Levar $200 bucks back. basically splitting the $400 refund to des! i feel this is more than fair because this way, it'll be a lesson to both me & levar. again im not ducking anyone. im the only one who gave each person my personal cell number. des can ship the turbo back to levar and levar can post it up for wat we found out it really is (a 05 turbo) and as complete as that turbo is he can still get at least $300 bucks for it! thus breaking even & leaving only me with a $300 loss.

thats the best i can do to fix this situation, im not negotiating anymore. (des) i really am sorry bro, anyone who knows me can vouch im a stand up legit guy. but im not perfect & i'm entittled to make mistakes like anyone else. & if you still would like the 9 turbo parts i have i'll still ship em to you for free bro, you can send it out & have it rebuilt with your $400 refund. or u can do what ever you want with it. i do have a bunch of parts in my garage also, so if you need any little part let me kno & if i have it its yours free as well, just pm me with wat your loooking for.

the last thing i wanna do is make enemies in this forum. i mean cmon, the one thing we alllll have in common is that we all own & love evos. lets get this fixed so we can move foward.

Quick Reply: Levar - junkboxEvo - _des_ VIII/IX Turbo Thread