Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Typer0149 Scammer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typer0149 Scammer

Anyone else on here get scammed by this guy?

Saw he was recently selling something on this forum:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...sr-wheels.html

***Sorry for the links, but think its pertinent to justify this post***
I was scammed out of some money and car audio equip for a trade for an SRT8 intake that was never received:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ghlight=volant
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=69340

Also found this on the SVT forum of someone getting scammed out of +$400:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...gle-f1-gs.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...typer0149.html

If you were, please file a report with your local police and have them transfer it to the Collier County Sheriff's department in Naples, FL so they can nabb this guy.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me see if I have this straight.

Your actually dispute with Typer0149 is less than a month old and has not been resolved. You haven't had any dealings with him via this site and you don't have an Evo. You simply joined us to complain about something he may or may not have done to you elsewhere. You have never contributed anything positive to this site at all.

You also seem to be somewhat clueless as to how internet fraud is handled from a legal point of view.

And we're supposed to listen to you ... why?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Let me see if I have this straight.

Your actually dispute with Typer0149 is less than a month old and has not been resolved. You haven't had any dealings with him via this site and you don't have an Evo. You simply joined us to complain about something he may or may not have done to you elsewhere. You have never contributed anything positive to this site at all.

You also seem to be somewhat clueless as to how internet fraud is handled from a legal point of view.

And we're supposed to listen to you ... why?
Well, believe it or not, I was ripped off by this guy. I have proof of that whether you believe it or not. The same guy that posted items at the same time on multiple sites (including yours). The same guy that has ripped off a couple other people online that I have contacted. The same guy that is trying to now sell my **** on another site that I sent him in trade for the intake he sold me.

So whatever your beef is, take my warning however you please. You don't have to take my word for $h!t, use your brain and look around. The proof is in the pudding.

It seems like you would rather leave your members clueless than actually warn them so they can take extra precautions instead of trying to discredit me or others that have had dealings with typer0149.

I don't have an evo, nor do I want one. I don't see how that is relevant to me joining the site to post a warning and ask anyone that may have been scammed by him to join in on the action to get the authorities involved. Don't try to lecture me on what I know or don't know. Do you know me? Do you know the steps I have taken? Do you know who I have called? NOOOOO, so shut the $u@k up.

If your forumn doesn't want my posting because I don't belong to your elite group than remove it! I hope noone on here gets scammed by this guy!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Look. In the very recent past we had some guy come on here and make up a complete BS story about camshafts in an attempt to, effectively, use this site to extort a refund for a deposit on a car. Ever since then, I have become very wary of complete unknowns coming on here and making accusations that have ZERO to do with this site. For all I know, you have been ripped off by this guy and you're doing us a favor in warning us about him. But, equally, for I know, you are running around starting these threads because you're the problem. My solution is to restrict this forum to dealing with stuff that actually happened on this site. And, consistent with that, I'm going to make it hard for total strangers to come in here and lodge complaints about things that happened elsewhere.

In short, the tie goes to the long-time member, not some newbie.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Look. In the very recent past we had some guy come on here and make up a complete BS story about camshafts in an attempt to, effectively, use this site to extort a refund for a deposit on a car. Ever since then, I have become very wary of complete unknowns coming on here and making accusations that have ZERO to do with this site. For all I know, you have been ripped off by this guy and you're doing us a favor in warning us about him. But, equally, for I know, you are running around starting these threads because you're the problem. My solution is to restrict this forum to dealing with stuff that actually happened on this site. And, consistent with that, I'm going to make it hard for total strangers to come in here and lodge complaints about things that happened elsewhere.

In short, the tie goes to the long-time member, not some newbie.
Fair enough, but I think my post is pretty easy to digest and use common sense to see that:
1). I'm 'asking' if anyone else got scammed by him
&
2). I provide links to my situation and others that aren't started by me with the same dealings with this guy to justify the post.

Take it for what it's worth, warning or not. I'm not looking for conflict, just any other victims to build a case on the guy, that's it!

Peace out.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Not looking for conflict either (for once) and I actually suspect that he's up to no good. But that fake thread a while back really put me on edge. cheers