Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Trail Slide account hacked - please post issues here.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trail Slide account hacked - please post issues here.

I just got back from vacation yesterday. I came home to voice mails of paypal disputes, yet I have been on vacation? I search through my wallet and guess what, my paypal debit card is gone. Where could it possibly have gone? My roommate STOLE it from me. So he steals my card, what does that mean? It means a lot, I have an account in my name that we use to pay the bills with while we were at college that I have had opened for many many years. Since we are done with college we no longer reside together but I still have an ebay account among other things, and still use paypal.

So what does this all mean? While I was on vacation he was using my identity to "sell" car parts to people on forums that he (nor I) ever had, and then use my card to access the money.

I have contacted my attorney and paypal and I am trying to get this figured out, but things are not looking good because the account is in MY NAME. I am as pissed off as every member here is, but this was NOT ME that everyone has been speaking to (please understand I am on your side here). I am working with paypal to get this issue taken care of hopefully ASAP. Please "hold" the payment funds if you have sent any form of payment. I probably have people out there who want to come find me when I had NO IDEA this was even taking place. I came home to find myself thousands of dollars in the hole. I still cannot believe I had to type this.

At this point, I can only apologize. I will update accordingly...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...ail-slide.html
Old Sep 3, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

I am distraught over this, I dont even know what to say. I am trying to get everyones money back MYSELF. Please bare with me here guys...

File a claim with paypal, they are here to protect buyers and sellers, they reassured me they will make it right...

Last edited by Trail Slide; Sep 3, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for making a post. keep us updated..
Old Sep 3, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/p...y-and-security

Purchase Protection
If an eligible item that you’ve purchased online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, our Purchase Protection will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item plus shipping costs.

Also
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ng_chargebacks

I hope it hasn't gone any farther has forums and paypal, to get on this site and others he had to of installed a key logger of some type to get my passwords. I am changing my passwords for EVERY account I can think of at the moment.

The worst part about this is people have my name and address, this puts myself and my family at danger because of someone else's actions. He has the same name as his father, knows his social, and got a hold of an emergency/death fund set up after his father sold some real estate - 3 months later 60k was drained from the account.

Obviously this isn't done by anyone who has a straight head screwed on ... and he doesn't ... he has been struggling with a bad addiction that he developed before it forced him to drop out of college. Now I graduate and he sneaks my paypal debit that I rarely use (so I wouldn't realize it was gone) out of my wallet and gets to work putting me into a financial hole while I am enjoying the last few weeks of summer. As much as I'd like to post more information about this individual who I once called a friend, I was advised not to for obvious reasons by my attorney.

Please guys, as mad as everyone is - just realize you were NOT dealing with me - I sincerely apologize for his actions. I will make this right even if it is at my expense

Last edited by Trail Slide; Sep 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 07:16 AM

Sounds like bs.... I hopefully Paypal forces the resolution. I'm more pissed about the time lost tryin to find the mr console and fender liners..
Old Sep 4, 2012, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oreoevo
Sounds like bs.... I hopefully Paypal forces the resolution. I'm more pissed about the time lost tryin to find the mr console and fender liners..
Trust me man, I was as mad as anyone. But Trail Slide refunded my money almost instantly after my claim was made. This truly could happen and I believe that he is telling the truth. He is doing what he can to make it right. So let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt! I don't believe he should be banned or have any anger towards him. People cannot control others actions. Trail Slide, sorry for what happened to you and I hope everything gets straightened out. I will contact a moderator to have the negative itrader rating I left you removed. Thank you and hope you have a better day today!

Last edited by subrwho; Sep 4, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:02 AM

Sep 3, 2012

Refund From
**Name removed (Trail Slides)**

Pending Until Sep 7, 2012

He is refunding the money so it appears the man is legit and making an effort to correct this.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 08:22 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
I received a PM from trail slide immediately when he logged on. Please keep updates going in this thread. I will merge the two complaint threads to this thread.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

sending out refunds as they come in (put payment on hold OR open a dispute if you haven't done so, then I can send a refund via paypal) - if you HAVE opened a dispute I grant a full refund as soon as I see it. Did some last night and received a few more this morning.

Thank you everyone
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Wow man, I believe trail, as stated, you can't control other people's actions. Good luck bro , hope you get this resolved in the most optimum manner
Old Sep 4, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He PM'd me letting me know about this aswell, Going to see about this and get my $ back aswell......
Old Sep 4, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just giving you a heads up, I know it might not have been your fault... some people can get it back through credit card companies I sent money to your account which was in turn sent to me from another member on the forums. My wife is a paralegal for my uncles Law firm. Please Get this settle to me as soon as possible. I dont want to put you in a bind but I will not let this go un turned as it has happened one to many times on these forums to me. < Just get me taken care of asap.... It's detrimental man.

So how did he get into your Evom account? do you leave your password saved? The Moderators should have this removed to many times have I heard this as the reason.

Last edited by kaonashi; Sep 4, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaonashi
So how did he get into your Evom account? do you leave your password saved? The Moderators should have this removed to many times have I heard this as the reason.
Saving an account password isn't something the mods can control. It isn't even something that the admins can control. In the end it's YOUR responsibility to make sure your password, and your computer, is secure. There's NOTHING that a mod or admin can do to change the site to fix this. Most browsers will save your login info even if the site doesn't have the option. Even still, if you install a keylogger on someone's computer, which is actually very easy to do if you have access to it, you could never stop them from getting your password other than to detect the keylogger before ever logging in.

Sorry to hear about your situation OP. People are scum, hopefully you can get this all settled with as little loss as possible.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

In my opinion he had access to my e-mail account and knew my usernames on forums. Therefor all he had to do was go to a forum and type in my username and click "forget password" and a new password was sent right to him. This is the only thing I can think of... things are getting taken care of, thank you for baring with me...

Quick Reply: Trail Slide account hacked - please post issues here.