Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

ERIC CLIMO , PA; Liar and Thief; Avoid doing business with!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ERIC CLIMO , PA; Liar and Thief; Avoid doing business with!

A fellow who goes by the name of phatyonjoe and MRfastMR on other sites has a bit of a history of scamming people and going back on deals once their in place. His real name is Eric Climo and he lives in the Pittsburgh PA area.
Currently he is in possession of a white 2003 Evo 8 with 200,000 + miles on it, with a "built" motor. I am warning you now, as a previous owner of this car, AVOID IT and at all costs, avoid Eric Climo.
He was extremely pushy while I was doing my best to work with him, and after the deal, he was extremely insulting and rude.
As part of our deal, he was to send me my old head unit, AutoMeter gauges, and license plate, of which I never received any. Foolishly, I went ahead and mailed him the parts he I told him I would and in return never saw my things again. Upon closer inspection of the car I discovered that the transmission was NOT in fact built by Buscher Racing as he had claimed it was. Eric conveniently forgot the receipts back at home in PA when he came to trade cars with me but swore he would mail them to me. Once home, he refused to sent me the receipts. A call to Buscher revealed that he'd in fact never taken the tranny to them as they had no record of him on file; something they assured me they would have if Eric had ever had work done by them.
The only record I had that the motor was built was a hodgepodge of pictures, that upon closer inspection, I could tell were NOT the same engine, and NOT the one in the car.
I later discovered the ABS was broken, there is SERIOUS rot underneath the car on the passenger side rear above the and around the coil-over, and the car was wrecked on TWO separate occasions.
I could have (and now wish I had) backed out of the trade, but was desperate to get out of my Skyline and he said he was happy to take it. Now I know why.
After normal driving for about 2,000 miles, the motor unglued itself. Eric claims to be a great mechanic who works at Kenny Ross Nissan in Freedom, PA, so this probably shouldn't have happened the way it did.
Eric decided after trading away my old Skyline for a Forester XT + cash, that he wanted his Evo back. I never wanted to deal with him again, but since the car was broken, I decided that I would.
I had the broken Evo trailered to PA, and the Forester home. Eric Climo then claimed he'd forgotten his receipts to the Forester and like before, swore he'd mail them to me. And AGAIN, after the deal was concluded Eric refused to send me those receipts. Because the damage to the motor was more severe than he hoped, he told me that he would be sending me pictures of him running those receipts through a shredder.
Now I get rude texts and calls late at night from this arrogant little jerk.
Eric Climo is about 5'-6", a little heavy around the gut, and dark haired. Do yourself a favor and avoid doing business with this punk and save yourself a boat load of money, and agony. His cars aren't worth your time, frustration, and the money you'll blow keeping them together.

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:44 PM

Eric Climo

Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:09 AM

Since posting what I have above about Eric Climo, I received more text messages from him. Eric stated that the important documents for my car that he has decided to keep for himself include reconstruction inspection paperwork from Subaru, recall completion papers, and others.
What is most concerning is the that Eric Climo told me that he intentionally gave me the incorrect title, and that in time the PA DMV will send the title back saying it's not the current one and my state will void my registration.

When I was doing business with him this last time, he was bragging about how he had opened a lawsuit against another recent person he'd done business with from the forums. I had spoken with yet another person who did business with Eric Climo once, and he had similar stories to tell me; that he was a liar and backed out of their deal once Eric got what he wanted.

Eric has crossed two other people besides me that I know of.
Seriously people, deal with this charlatan at your own risk but you have been warned.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Wait, so you got scammed not once, but twice by the same fellow?

I've got some great beachfront property in Arizona if you're interested. Let me know.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:57 PM

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...-business.html

Check that out and youll know more. What he doesnt mention is how he ripped me off or how he beat the **** out of the car for 4000 miles and never changed the oil. Or how he "worked on it himself"

Oh and but wait. The car is so rotted and he knew that and its not built according to him but he was selling it as built ....look under his for sale threads as of november 1st....he never mentioned rot.....yea caught in a ****in lie you tool
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:01 PM

O or what about how he threatned my children and talked about shooting up my kids school.....what about that. Didnt mention that either..... Dumbass i have alot of vouchs and will proove in every way i did nothing wrong. You chose to do a deal the second time . This is all because i wont give u reciepts because u wont give me my tires. As i recall you said " **** you eric"
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:03 PM

And nothing to worry about dbag. The car wont be for sale as its being torn down for a cage and ready for the upcoming race season. Unlike you i know what im doing and fixed your ****up you cause. To bad ur mom didnt fix hers when she had u
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by dude
Wait, so you got scammed not once, but twice by the same fellow?

I've got some great beachfront property in Arizona if you're interested. Let me know.

Yeah.... It's my foolishness for dealing with him twice. I think I will pass on your beach house though.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:11 PM

3 accidents huh?

And here is the reciepts you will never get to have since you try to make yourself look like a victim while screwing me at the same time out of thousands of dollars and snow tires.

Last edited by golgo13; Jan 2, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:17 PM

And for your viewing pleasures....read johns for sale ad as of november 1st 2012....seems kind of contridicting...

And just incase you missed it the first time. Read closer

Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by MRfastMR
O or what about how he threatned my children and talked about shooting up my kids school.....what about that. Didnt mention that either..... Dumbass i have alot of vouchs and will proove in every way i did nothing wrong. You chose to do a deal the second time . This is all because i wont give u reciepts because u wont give me my tires. As i recall you said " **** you eric"

I offered a thousand times to work with Eric to complete our deal and he refused, saying "keep the tires, and I'll keep the reciepts." He told me today that he also has a second key to my new car, and I can only assume he may plan at some point in the future to I hope people will understand what a cheat and liar he is in time.

I am sure Eric will only post the parts of our conversation that make him look like a victim and me like a jerk. If needed, I will post our ENTIRE conversation so that everyone can read it word for word and take away what they want.

After countless threats today, including several of violence against me directly, I filed a police report against Eric Climo. That's how out of hand he has decided this needs to be.
The police should have contacted Eric by this point, and since I have received no more texts or phone calls, I am guessing they reached him.
This is the first time I have EVER filed a police report.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:35 PM

Ha....im the one who filed the police report n no cops have contacted me. I not one time threatned u . I have screenshots of the entire conversation including the 20 times i asked u to leave me alone
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:37 PM

Whats the officers name n what department so i can contact them and fax all documents over. ?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:41 PM

Remember when u said this?

Last edited by golgo13; Jan 2, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 06:43 PM

Quick Reply: ERIC CLIMO , PA; Liar and Thief; Avoid doing business with!