Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

bad 6765 from Anarchy99

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad 6765 from Anarchy99

in November I bought a "perfect" 6765 v-band from Anarchy99, evrth was fine just a small delay in shipping for about 10-12 days.

As lot of people here know I live in Kiev, Ukraine and usually to get part for normal price here in Ukraine from States takes about 6 weeks.

during final ride of Final of Ukrainian drag Championship on 30th September 2012 my engine was blown, reason - broken on 2 halfs Manley rod

I did receive turbo at the end of December (there were no yellow paint on restrictor - and that was a surprise for us), and all the other stuff from Vivid and so one and I did start building a new engine and decided to go for a bigger turbo because I found one sold by Anarchy99 for a reasonable price here on Evom (I had and still ride 6262)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...vband-out.html

my Evo is being built by the owner of the fastest Evo in Europe ET 8.67 Dmitry Filin

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...-8-675sec.html

and the first thing he told me after the engine was started that turbo is dead

my engine build was finished on 2 February 2013

http://filin-motorsport.net.ua/phorum/read.php?4,6867

we did install lots of new stuff such as Buschur Racing FMIC, new exaust and so one....

and what a surprise was when we did start the engine:

you can here the noise coming from turbo......

I did send a couple of PMs to Anarchy99 with the delay of a couple of days I did receive a reply that turbo is perfect and allways was and I should check Oring and bla-bla-bla.

I brought it to turbo service and the told me that the think that CBB is damaged any way the are not able to repair it here in Ukraine and I should send it to Precision, all the info was forwarded to Anarchy99 and I am waiting fro reply till today....

so this is my story

Last edited by 4ukc; Mar 5, 2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 08:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Anarchy99 does quite a bit of flawless transactions on here, I'm sure he'll work to make this right.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
Anarchy99 does quite a bit of flawless transactions on here, I'm sure he'll work to make this right.
+1

When I've dealt with him and seen him deal on here he's been nothing but great. Surprised he shipped out of the states too, I thought I remember reading he wouldn't do that.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats exactly how a turbo thats out of balance and been ran sounds. Thats no good he will do good on this.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea man Anarchy has been around here a long time man. Id bet the farm he wouldn't intentionally ship you a known bad turbo.

I'm sure he'll work with you to resolution
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...dvan-a13c.html

same seller i believe. never seen his rating until above posts stating he has been around for a while. if so, the for sale thread i pasted surprises me more. title states low mile yet on this description there is only about 40% left on tires. 4/32 he further stated, isnt that considered bald? if i am wrong, my apologies.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...dvan-a13c.html

same seller i believe. never seen his rating until above posts stating he has been around for a while. if so, the for sale thread i pasted surprises me more. title states low mile yet on this description there is only about 40% left on tires. 4/32 he further stated, isnt that considered bald? if i am wrong, my apologies.
Tires typically start out with 10/32ths. Bald is considered to be 2/32ths and below.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hiboost2.0
Tires typically start out with 10/32ths. Bald is considered to be 2/32ths and below.
For what it's worth (not bashing seller in any way), in most states anything less than 5/32nd won't pass inspection (if you have inspection). Anarchy99 is a good guy though and I'm sure he'll make it right.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

It's a mute point because #1 - totally different thread and topic and #2 - the low miles were meant to describe the RIMS, not the tires. Time to end that discussion and stay on this threads topic
Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ouch. Hope it all works out
Old Mar 5, 2013, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

hope it works out for you man.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 02:25 AM
Evolving Member

hi guys,

I actually installed this turbo with new engine. The engine started up quickly and we heard noise from turbo. After stopping engine we removed air filter and started again. Turbo even did not spin. After acceleration it worked but with bad noise. We did not removed cover and housing before installing. When it run we had a lot of exhaust oil smoke. My shop have good experience with Evo, so I dont think it some our mistake. Our gallery to understand our level: http://filin-motorsport.net.ua/projects
Old Mar 6, 2013, 08:17 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 2004EvoVIII
It's a mute point
It's moot, not mute. If you're going to try and sound smart on the internets, at least use the correct term.

Remember kids, stay in school!

I'll send a PM to Anarchy99.

I also restored the original post for you, OP.

Last edited by golgo13; Mar 6, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by golgo13
It's moot, not mute. If you're going to try and sound smart on the internets, at least use the correct term.

Remember kids, stay in school!

I'll send a PM to Anarchy99.

I also restored the original post for you, OP.
Good call, didn't even catch the phones autocorrect on that one. But I suppose reading what I wrote to make sure it made sense and was correct would have been a good idea too
Old Mar 6, 2013, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

A chain of events causing a complaint was bound to happen at some point based on the laws of numbers and probability as I have hundreds of positive transactions here out of the ones that even take the time to leave feedback...

First of all I wanted to thank the members that have come forward on their own account to vouch for my history and their own experiences buying or selling with me. I was just informed of this thread a few minutes ago.

This turbo was sold 4-5 months ago and shipped to the buyers freight forwarder. Its been in his hands for a very long time now doing who knows what or being stored who knows where or how...

He recently contacted me stating that his "tuner" in Ukraine built him a new motor, and and PM’s me that the “turbo is no good”. As soon as he said "new motor" I asked him about the initial startup and had no response when I asked him if he primed the turbo with oil at the new engine's initial startup, did not check and see if there was oil at the feed line to turbo at startup and just PM’s me that the “turbo is no good”.

I had told him to check the turbine and compressor cover bolts as the turbo has to be "clocked" to fit various turbo kits which involves turning of the turbo and compressor housings to get the inlet and compressor outlet pointing in the directions you need them to for fitment. I know I had done that at mockup on my own car and he would have needed to do that as well. If those bolts were not tight he could be experiencing issues with a loose compressor cover or backplate.

Also the o-ring can be damaged when clocking the turbo also like this picture below and I asked him to check the o-ring "which in this he stated "bla bla bla" which means to me he is not listening nor was willing to check it.

Below is not the turbo I sold him, but references the o-ring I was describing to him. If it was deteriorated or broken as seen in the pic then the car would leak air out of the compressor housing and make noise.

I personally removed this turbo from a perfectly working turbo kit while it was being used in an AMS full kit on another car and helped someone downgrade to a 5858 smaller turbo that swapped right in so I could in turn buy their 6765 which was too laggy for them.

I was to use this for my drag racing project front facing configuration but ended up buying a viper instead which was the reason for sale as the viper is using a larger unit in my new kit.

As I can see from the video he posted of his initial startup there is rust and oil and junk shooting through his killerglass upper radiator hose on startup (Don't they have antifreeze in ukraine?) which is concerning and makes me wonder what is shooting through his oil feedline to the turbo, if anything at all.

He says in this thread that the turbo was smoking but then went on to tell me that the smoke was "from the exhaust". Since he starts off this thread talking about how he had blown his engine and this is his first startup after he blew his motor, anyone that has blew a motor or snapped a rod, knows that it oils down the inside of your exhaust pipes and if you windowed the block then the outside of your exhaust also. This oil burns within the exhaust pipes when you get your next engine up and running.

Originally Posted by FEB21 4ukc
hello!

so yesterday was first start of my new engine with your 6765, turbo first run of engine since I had no engine on my evo.

And how I was surprised that the turbo is dead. I makes a huge noise and smokes.

plz find video attached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-aJ...e_gdata_player
Originally Posted by Anarchy99
I don't see any smoke in video and it sounds the compressor cover is loose on it. Did you tighten the bolts on the front and backplates before installing? That turbo is designed to be "clocked" so it can be turned into the correct orientation to fit differently in different applications. From looking at it alone I can see long after the car is shut down the turbo continues to spin so it looks fine to me. Check all the cartridge bolts on the compressor and turbine and also check the compressor o-ring gasket under the compressor cover to see if its pinched or torn as it sounds like you have an air leak from there.
Originally Posted by FEB21 2013 4ukc
the smoke comes from exhaust
I did check evrth, the only thing I can do is bring to turbo service to double check evrth ATM
but any way I think the sound is not good and it [B]really don't have any shaft play
He stated it "don't have shaft play" which indicates to me that there was nothing wrong with it as turbos develop end to end or axial play when bad.

Originally Posted by 4ukc
anyway I think that when turbo is mint you just check it and install it and you don't have any noises or smth else with it.

yes, may be smoke is because of it was the second start of new engine, but there shouldn`t be any noise at all as you understand
Yes of course I understand what you're saying. I'm certain there's a lot of things going on with the new engine. Just from looking at your engine start video, I can clearly see that either oil or rust shooting through your radiator into your upper radiator pipe. Take the turbo off and check the cartridge bolts because it's designed so you can loosen those bolts and spin the compressor and turbine so that that turbo can fit multiple turbokits so there's a chance that they might be loose. Also, check the compressor side O-ring and make sure it is in good condition. Also make sure that the turbo is receiving oil from the oil feedline because I have not heard you describe a way to verify that your oil pump is pumping oil through the cylinder head.
If there is rust/oil/debris contamination in his coolant, then what does the oil look like? It is contaminated also?

Originally Posted by FEB22 20134ukc
tha water is a bit dirty but its a second start of the engine we will change it today. yes the oil pressure is OK I have 2 oil pressure sensors 1 in block the other is in a head. I will take the turbo to the turbo service today and let you know
He never states that he primed the turbo with oil before startup or if he visually confirmed oil was flowing from the head through the oil feed line which is a must on his "new engine build". A new motor should never be dry started without priming the oil pump and getting the air out of the oiling system.

Originally Posted by FEB22 4ukc
just had a report from turbo service - they say that that the ceramic bearings are damaged and there is no chance I can fix in Ukraine
Here in a PM he stated that the ceramic bearings are damaged. In his original post above he states that he says the turbo service company "thinks" the ceramic bearings may be damaged. Which one is it? They "think" or they "know"? He states they are the best turbo repair place around. It doesn't sound like they even took off the compressor turbine housings, let alone look at the bearings.

Its not possible. I took it off a perfectly good running Evo that was just downgrading to a smaller 5858 because it was too laggy for him.
I would take it to another place, maybe one that specializes in diesel turbos. I have not heard anything about the oring I had asked you about earlier.
Originally Posted by FEB22 4ukc
they told me that it is not about O ring, there is no better turbo service here in Ukraine to send it to
The turbo ran perfectly when it came off the car. Was downsized to a 5858 ceram BB also. There is no way theres turbo bearing issues unless the turbo wasn’t receiving oil when you ran the car.

Did you remove this oil restrictor pictured in this link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post60898297

Did you prime the turbo before you started the car by putting oil into the bearing feedline before startup?
Originally Posted by FEB23 2013 4ukc
I have done evrth correct its no my first built, I had removed my 6262 and installed this one, after I discovered it has noise I had installed my 6262 back and evrth works perfect
about oil - I have 2 oil pressure sensors one in block and other in head and oil pressure is OK.
restrictor - no I know that you shouldn't touch oil restrictor, but when I receive the turbo there were no yellow marking on it, and that was a surprise for me
He stated that this was the only the 2nd start of the engine in the video and “it may be smoke because it was the 2nd start of the new engine”. He stated that the turbo didn’t spin on the first start. He states that he “I have done evrth correct its no my first built, I had removed my 6262 and installed this one, after I discovered it has noise I had installed my 6262 back and evrth works perfect
about oil”. That is at least 3 engine starts and two different turbos if he had a 6262 on the new engine first, then 2 starts with the 6765. Somewhere here is is not being honest about having the 6262 on the car and everything being fine before switching to the 6765. In fact it seems he never had a 6262 on this “new unprimed engine and oil feedline” prior to installing the 6262 after the 6765, not before it like he claims.

Originally Posted by 4ukc
did you receive my message?
Yes I received your message, I don't know what to tell you. I've sold hundreds of parts in the forum without any problem whatsoever and that turbo was in perfect working shape when I sent it to you. Now a few months later after it went overseas all of a sudden it supposedly has ceramic bearing problems? I one hundred percent know the condition of the turbo when it was taken off and worked 100% perfectly. It was only removed to go to a smaller turbo, not because there was anything wrong with it. I have never even heard of a ceramic bearing having an issue on a precision turbo, ever. If you didn't prime the turbo with oil on that new engine build, there's definitely a chance damage could've occurred at startup
Originally Posted by FEB28 2013 4ukc
my Evo is being built at the one of the best tuners of eastern Europe - Filin-motorsport. And they know how to install turbo and they told me from the very beginning that turbo is dead. I was also sure that it was as mint as you described me and that was the reason it was not tested right after I receive it but as a result it is not. If it was perfect it should be perfect even in a couple of month but it is not.

I understand the you have sold hundreds of parts but it doesn't help my turbo.

here is the guy who builds my car https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...-8-675sec.html

and he can prove that turbo was bad

I dont want to play this games I would like a refund plz
So he has had the turbo 5 months and picks it up and spins the compressor wheel like everyone that gets a new turbo and never hears a sound, nor a problem, tells me there is not ANY shaft play, but after he dry starts his engine without purging the air from the oil feed line to verify oil is flowing and to remove air from the oiling system, the turbo suddenly has ceramic bearing issues and no shaft play? Never did you report back that you checked the backplate or cover bolts for tightness, nor inspected the oring.

It just doesn’t add up and I’m sorry. There are tons of members here that I will “not” sell to because of low or no feedback and or recently joined the forum. I do this to avoid potential scammers and issues. Now I am not saying that you are purposely trying to scam me or degrade me for no reason, however I do suspect that there was a problem in the installation and priming of your oiling system upon initial startup with your “newly built” engine on its maiden startup and the fingers are being pointed in the wrong direction as to your issues, 5 months after you have received the turbo and had ample time to inspect it and report of any abnormalities or questions, of which I have received NONE until your startup of your “newly built” motor.

Last edited by Anarchy99; Mar 6, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: bad 6765 from Anarchy99