Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Anyone Know whats going on with STM?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Know whats going on with STM?

Ordered from there web site paid thru paypal, and now nothing. Wont answer phones wont respond to emails. I filed a dispute. But I thought they where a well respected shop. Is that not the case? Is there anyone from STM that would like to help me resolve this?

Thanks
Hunter
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:00 PM

STM is a great shop. I placed many orders through them im sure you'll be hearing from them soon.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When did you order from them? Countless people have ordered from them without a hitch including myself. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Good to hear, its been two weeks. I have heard nothing. I have called them a few times left messages, with no call back. And I have emailed them with no response. I guess I just want to know that the order was received.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

yeah coming on here and bashing a well respected shop is not the greatest idea. STM is ran by 5 or 6 people and you do realize that it's coming to the busy season where everyone is placing orders and droping off their cars for work. Im sure whatever the issue is it could have been resolved with a simple PM or phone call instead of making a thread using tag words "cheat, scam, stm". Emery and everyone else there are stand up people and go WAY above and beyond what they have to.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 02:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05OrangeSS
yeah coming on here and bashing a well respected shop is not the greatest idea. STM is ran by 5 or 6 people and you do realize that it's coming to the busy season where everyone is placing orders and droping off their cars for work. Im sure whatever the issue is it could have been resolved with a simple PM or phone call instead of making a thread using tag words "cheat, scam, stm". Emery and everyone else there are stand up people and go WAY above and beyond what they have to.
Let's not blast anybody without having direct knowledge of the situation.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

^^ I agree.

I ordered something through STM back in February, after not hearing from them for 3+ weeks I gave them a call and got a straight answer immediately. No other questions, no problems, no complaints. Give them a call again, or hit them up on FB.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by 05OrangeSS
Did you not read any of his above posts?

He came here with a respectful polite attitude regarding the situation. Anyone who has yet to hear on an order after 2 weeks should feel concerned, especially after attempting to contact them thru various lines.

Hopefully they're in contact with you soon OP, best of luck.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sent a PM to the guys at STM alerting them that they've got a customer looking for an update on an order. Hopefully they jump in here to give an update and hopefully they take care of the OP.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atombomb33
I sent a PM to the guys at STM alerting them that they've got a customer looking for an update on an order. Hopefully they jump in here to give an update and hopefully they take care of the OP.
Good job!
Old Apr 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, I also had a problem with them recently. I had an order in with them that they told me would be delayed for a week after having to call them once 2 weeks went by with no notification of any sort. After that week past, I called again to get similar lip service of another week. After that week passed I filed a dispute. Three days later, I suddenly got tracking information and it arrived.

I've dealt with them quite a number of times previously with no issue in the past usually ordering a $100-$150 worth of parts at a time. I usually at a minimum would get an email within a day or two of order status. It was on this last order of $300 which was larger than my previous ones I had to chase them. Seems as though they may be having some issues with their sales/shipping folks. I took my most recent order of approx $500 of rebuild parts elsewhere at an additional cost of $2 more than what I would have spent with STM. Main reason is because I had to chase them down to resolve this, which in my past experiences with shops over the years tells me something's wrong monetarily.

Hopefully, this is not the case and it's just a case of employee issues. Hopefully, you won't get the run around I did either.

Last edited by thebluesky; Apr 19, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 09:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. We currently are working on getting order times down and stocking more and more parts daily. IF we did not answer the phones, I am sorry. Please shoot me a PM with your Info and I will look into your order tomorrow and see what is going on with it. As mentioned by someone else, its getting into the busy season and not all parts are in stock. In a lot of cases, Even our distributors have large back orders. We do the best we can to stock everything possible but with the economy the way it is it hardly makes sense to even have as large of an inventory as we currently do.

Again, Sorry about your situation but please feel free to shoot me a PM with your info and I can get right back to you. If you would like, leave me your contact info and I will give you a call tomorrow.

Thanks
-Em
Old Apr 20, 2013, 03:00 AM
Evolving Member

i also have had a couple of issue's i recently have had. I got my local performance shop over here in NewZealand to price me up all of your guys forward facing hot parts bits but they have not had a email reply from you guys,
Cant really ring as i live on other side of the world.I have bought a few small things from you guys in the past without a hitch but the forward facing bits will be the biggest order for me.

My local shop put an order threw for your evo power steering resivoir and an intake but we have not yet received any comformation of the order.

I'm in no way upset or mad because i know you guy's will be flat out in the workshop etc.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

I've ordered many parts and high dollar ones at that without any issue. I did most of my dealings with Justin who is no longer there though. I will continue to do business with them as they have always taken care of me in the past. I'm sure they will get you squared away asap.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone who is looking for tracking or anything like that please send me a PM or an E-mail to shipping@stmtuned.com. This is a new E-mail for our shipping department and will be added to our contact page Monday. I am working on getting this ongoing issue resolved as soon as possible. We have recently lost one of our guys and have since hired two more to pic up the slack. Both are just about trained and up to pace so this issue should disappear shortly. I am sorry for any problems or inconvenience we have caused.

Thanks for your feed back

-Em

Quick Reply: Anyone Know whats going on with STM?