Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Sellers and their poor descriptions

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sellers and their poor descriptions

I have decided to stop buying used parts from this forum or any forum for that matter. The descriptions lie and/or do not include enough information.

I have bought two items over the past 2 weeks that the sellers claimed were new and/or BNIB and turned out to not really match that description.

Like some wheels and slicks that were claimed to be new only mounted. Well one wheel has a rash on the entire inside barrel like it rubbed against a brake caliper. The slick on that same wheel has a big chunk missing as well. See pictures below.

Next was a small brake kit I bought that was claimed to be BNIB. Well I received the brake kit and found scratches all over the rotors and brackets. The box it came in had "display" written on the side. It appears the brake kit was a display item for a shop. I think they were even mounted by looking at the brackets (see pictures below) Also was missing a pin (not a big deal could get this from auto store).

The lack of information just really pisses me off and makes me realize that saving $100-$200 just isn't worth it because NO ONE CAN BE TRUSTED 100% these days. A little information is always left out or a picture is taken a certain way to avoid the buyers from seeing the imperfections. And the imperfections are small to a point that you still want the item and do not want to deal with shipping back and re-buying.

I have discussed the brake issue with the seller and of course it becomes an issue like "you got a good deal quit complaining" or "talk to the original manufacturer about their packaging." I am sorry, but that is just rude and bad business. We wonder why america is going to hell. We can not trust each other.

I will be discussing the wheel and slicks issue with the seller soon. It makes me feel bad though because his new born daughter is in the hospital with high bills so I do not want to make him give back the money and have to re-sell.

I want the items, I just wish the sellers would not hide stuff like this and just be honest. Check out my pictures and you tell me if you feel this is something worth complaining about.

Old May 29, 2013, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Did you confront the seller(s) about these issues? In regards to that wheel, you would definitely have a case for dispute. That wheel is anything but new with that kind of damage.

Hey, if a seller promises you caviar but sends you crap, confront them immediately to get a resolution regardless of it being private party or a vendor. If you can't come to an amicable solution, out them and make it public. This subtopic has brought down a few guys already and helped us to weed out the trash. Additionally, you can fight this through paypal as well for receiving an item not as described.
Old May 29, 2013, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I talked to the sellers. I already described what happened with the brakes guy in my original post.

The guy who sold the wheels claimed he knew nothin about the wheel being in that condition. He said a worker at his shop must have done that without him knowing and he has not actually seen the wheels in person for awhile since he has been out of town dealing with his new born having open heart surgery.
Old May 30, 2013, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

So is he going to man up and make it right?

You bought these parts from vendors on here?
Old May 30, 2013, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

No. Private sellers that both work at shops which names i have seen around the forums. Neither gave me an option to make it better. They only apologized.
Old May 30, 2013, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Absolutely worth the complaint. The rims/tires especially. While I believe Evom mods have done a great job placing set of guidelines to insure problem free transactions. I think implementing or adding a new guidelines for proof of "New/or BNIB claim": This should be in form of receipt, multiple high quality photo and or video. This should be the final request between the seller and the buyer before paypal or any form of payment is requested among both parties.

Were in a media mobile era: HD video and photo are easily accessible, I'm not asking evom staff to implement a rule have sellers post their phone number for text, picture purposes -this will result more problems for evom alumini and evom members- in form of harrassment,etc.

My suggestion is for Evom to create a separate link page for transactions for evidence. The evidence form will allow members to copy and paste messages amongst one another, store pictures for all form of vantage points, No other personal information is stored on this evidence page. So in case of an issue, buyer or seller has proof of original state and every evidence so he/or she can win his case once reported to Evom mods or paypal or bank.
Old May 30, 2013, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

I agree^^

I did get a good deal on the parts but maybe its because these imperfections were known and not mentioned.
Old May 30, 2013, 09:35 PM

Sounds like pretty bad luck. I have bought several things off here and only been burned once. I reported it to a MOD as soon as the seller started giving me lip and got my money back... As far as the guy that sold me the bad fuel pump... well he is history. Keep up the good work mods and please don't let this turn into the DSMTuners marketplace where it's a 50/50 chance you'll get what you pay for.

And to the buyers of the not as described items. Give the seller about a week to make it right then file a complaint with a mod followed by a PayPal dispute. It will help everyone in the long run.

Oh and Maknuge, both parts have been used and I would request a little compensation in return for them being not as described. Whether you got a good deal or not is a BS excuse. I'm sure the only reason you bought new-used vs brand new was because it was such a great deal.

Last edited by Jimmer307; May 30, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old May 31, 2013, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Products not as described, they would have went right back to the seller. Guys baby that's in the hospital is not your concern. You bought something from him and received it not as described. He gets his crap back you get your money. PERIOD

I also do not by parts on here any longer unless they are able to be picked up or from a long time member

Sucks but that's the way it is. Shady mother ****ers out there

Last edited by gsrboi80; May 31, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old May 31, 2013, 10:10 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This is unfortunate, but the responsibility doesn't stop with the seller.

It is ALSO the buyers responsibility to ask all of the right questions and obtain clear/detailed pictures of the parts in question.
Old May 31, 2013, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

You know, I did ask questions. I was not lied to, I just got details left out. Its the lack of information. When I hear "BNIB," should I really have to ask "so no scratches whatsoever, send me more pictres to prove?' Or when i hear "these slicks and wheels are perfect condition, only mounted never ran," should I ask for individual pictures of inside and outside of each wheel and 360 degree pictures of each slick?" I guess I do, but I find it BS that I have to ask such specifics. The seller should be honest and voice the imperfections in the product.

BTW, golgo13, can you edit one of my for sale thread titles for me?
Old May 31, 2013, 02:25 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by maknuge
BTW, golgo13, can you edit one of my for sale thread titles for me?
Absolutely, PM me a link to the thread and please include the new title you would like it changed to.
Old May 31, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

PM sent.

Thanks a lot
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

It's been my experience that sellers who lie about their products also lie about their excuses or circumstances.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Products not as described, they would have went right back to the seller. Guys baby that's in the hospital is not your concern. You bought something from him and received it not as described. He gets his crap back you get your money. PERIOD

I also do not by parts on here any longer unless they are able to be picked up or from a long time member

Sucks but that's the way it is. Shady mother ****ers out there
Sounds about right for you and your miserable ***** attitude, like usual. Not everyone is shady. It's unfortunate that this guy has had bad luck but a lot of us including myself have had very good luck buying and selling parts on this forum. You can't sum people up like that, just like how I don't assume everyone is as pissy and negative as you. A sale goes both ways, it's the buyers responsibility to ask all the questions, get extra pictures etc. I always need a bunch of new pics before buying anything but it doesn't need to be a long time member. I think newer members need a chance too.

Op, I'd ask for some kind of compensation but I wouldn't expect it.

Quick Reply: Sellers and their poor descriptions