Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Buyer beware: ZevoX (need more info!)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer beware: ZevoX (need more info!)

information:
Username: ZevoX (on socalevo, evox, evom, etc)
http://www.socalevo.net/members/6701-ZevoX
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...874-zevox.html
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/member.php?u=823
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/304580...ubishi-lancer/
his wordpress: http://jabowski.wordpress.com/
supposly his youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mamhin3coh?feature=watch
his number : (619) 395-1883

So let me start off by man-ing up and saying I was a dumbass for not checking more thoroughly before I gave him money. which was kinda hard for me after working a double shift and driving over 2hrs out to meet him.

So I purchased a box of stock parts to put my car back to stock from this guy. one of them is being a stock radio that was suppose to include the AC vent. Which wasnt included, No wonder when I gave him the money he took off right away. So 5-10 mins after meeting with the guy I called him and told him its missing the ac vent and he basically goes "yeah i know it was on my car blah blah blah, to bad you should have checked it before you left" then hangs up on me. I txt him back "thats how its gunna be", and he txts me back around an hour later telling me to go back to SD for a PARTIAL refund. Then when i get him i check over the stuff more thoroughly now, and its missing alot more than which was suppose to be included.
im missing
ac vent from radio peice
upper intercooler coupler
intercooler mounting bolts and rubber grommets
and all misc clamps.

well we were suppose to meet up again and do a partial refund and now "basically" denying anything and any contact now.
I contacted the local SD sheriff department and they told me its what they see alot of craigslist scams are based upon and its nothing new.
they told me to go into the office and file a police report and a small claims case. Which i am going to do but I need to know his first name and last name, if anyone here has any information regarding this guy (since he is ignoring me) please do PM me..

here are some texts back and forth.

^the hoses in the picture were not included.

now let me end this with me saying AGAIN..I am a dumbass for not checking the items more thoroughly..but I believe he should still man up and make things right.
if I am wrong about all this then please do share your opinion and discuss, if so I will put this all behind me and call it a loss in items I CANT use..until i put more money into it. which i don't want to.

When it comes down to money stuff, it doesn't matter if its a dollar or a hundred dollars. I'm not going to pay more than I should nor should anyone. Same with getting taken for, doesn't matter if its a dollar or a hundred. I worked hard for my money 8hrs a day, and just like that some douche decides he doesn't have the ***** to man up to the situation. When you buy something from a store and its missing parts what do you do?

edit found him: Jay Bhee Estacio (Chula Vista, CA)
https://www.facebook.com/jbestacio

edit: i'll post updates tomorrow but i got incontact with him and he refuses to give me a refund for the parts he wants to just send me $25 paypal just to stop, small claims is already filed.

Last edited by thekhmer; Jul 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to say but you didn't get scammed. You simply payed for something that you had higher expectations for. Pay attention next time! Your small claim won't get you anywhere since 1.it was In person 2.you didn't say anything was broken, just incomplete. Since you we're presented everything in person and agreed to pay for what you were presented, it constitutes a legal verbal contract regardless of what you communicated via text.

Quick contract law lesson: Offer- acceptance-consideration- intent = legally binding!

Last edited by djdnav; Jul 31, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Did you read my entire post?
Even the local sheriff office helped me file a small claims ...unless they themselfs don't know what they are doing?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by djdnav
Sorry to say but you didn't get scammed.
'Scam' has no technical meaning, so I won't argue about this. But if the buyer has, in writing, what was supposed to be included, and some of the items are missing (or not in the shape that he was told that they'd be in), then he has what he needs to file a possibly-successful small-claims suit. Whether suing over <$100 is worth it is something I leave to the buyer to decide. It isn't worth it, IMO, for the just the money, but some people have a sense of honor that won't let them walk away from these situations.

I also respect the thread-starter for admitting - and, thereby, reminding us all - that checking the item(s) over before paying is a very important step in a face-to-face/cash transaction.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by thekhmer
Did you read my entire post?
Even the local sheriff office helped me file a small claims ...unless they themselfs don't know what they are doing?
Actually most sherriffs dont study the law, theyre sort of in a form of public relations, you asked for sevice, he provided it.. That doesnt mean youre gonna win, or he understands the entire legal situation..

You got burnt, not robbed. This is more of a seller review thing, if this happened through the mail? Youd have a real case. But, in person. Its on you, well both of you.. Sorry.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by markspd6
Actually most sherriffs dont study the law
Correct. Most are elected locals - often the star from the high-school football team ten years previously. And, still, they often know more about the law than random schmucks on the internet. Strange, but true.

Originally Posted by markspd6
You got burnt, not robbed.
I just checked for 'burnt' in the Iowa Code. Odd that it wasn't there. Did see some stuff about a type of fraud where you say that you're selling one thing and then hand over something else.

As to whether he was 'robbed' - well, of course he wasn't. You do know that 'robbery' - by definition - involves either force or the threat of force, yes? Of course you do. After all, you're not just some random schmuck on the internet.

(phew. that felt good.)
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:01 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Shame.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Next time ask for detailed pictures of *all* the parts before you agree to meet up.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Correct. Most are elected locals - often the star from the high-school football team ten years previously. And, still, they often know more about the law than random schmucks on the internet. Strange, but true.

I just checked for 'burnt' in the Iowa Code. Odd that it wasn't there. Did see some stuff about a type of fraud where you say that you're selling one thing and then hand over something else.

As to whether he was 'robbed' - well, of course he wasn't. You do know that 'robbery' - by definition - involves either force or the threat of force, yes? Of course you do. After all, you're not just some random schmuck on the internet.

(phew. that felt good.)

That's not remotely fraud, he was shown a box of parts, then he paid, even he stated its hi own fault.. There's a legal term for it, Caveot Emptor.. He blew it showing trust in a forum member.. Making a legal case of this will only prove his ignorance..
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

It's not just $25 I'm out of a radio faceplate and you can't just buy a ac vent by itself
An intercooler because u can't just buy the rubber mounts that go on the bottom
And a lower intercooler pipe.
Now I offered the guy to refund me 100% of my money and he drive out to me this time and be didn't want to
Some more arguing back and forth and I asked for $100 refunded back and he ignoring me so I have no choice to file a small claim. Which I will be asking for 100% of the refund plus time,gas,fees lost

This was was suppose to be my last stock parts pickup so I can put my car back to stock and sell this weekend but now I am delayed and I have a car lined up
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:59 PM

I understand, but his happening face to face, makes it tough to call in your favor..if he had listed the parts and shipped you less, you'd be better off, but cash and a face to face deal, just doesn't leave you much room..

And it costs either $55 or $75 to file a small claims action, plus you have to file where the action took place, so if theres travel for you, it's even worse.. and becuae your car didnt blow or anything, you won't get a dime in compensatory damages, gas or any related expenses.. I've owned my own business for 25 years, small claims is nothing new to me.. You'll be told, sorry 5 seconds after you stop talking.. So, it's probly time to let it go..

And lemme know what bits you got burnt for, I have several intercooler pipe sets here.. Also, we have several shops here, that might have some bits laying around for you. RRE, etc..
Old Jul 31, 2013, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You're not out an inter cooler just because you got shorted some couplers.. I don't know where you got that. Many people sell just the couplers, or you can get then from an aftermarket vendor.

Yes, what you received didnt match with the original negotiation. However since you met in person and had a chance to inspect everything, that constitutes a renegotiation. You have zero case, and you're wasting your time/money trying to pursue it. Also, even if you did have a case a court would never award you restitution for time/gas wasted.. This isn't television.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

I'm missing ac vent that goes in the faceplate
The coupler that connects from the lower intercooler pipe
The rubber mounts/bolts on the bottom of the intercooler
And all clamps needed
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:48 PM

I have an extra throttle body inlet. And a couple cheap hose clamps.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:09 PM

Hey man this is my "bread and butter"; yeah you did get scammed. Legally its called theft by deception. Go back to the Sheriff's office and tell them the number is linked too CHULA VISTA, CA. They can do a trace with the carrier which is AT&T in 3-4 minutes, I do it every week man. ****'m!! he scammed you!