Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Beaware: javicracer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Beaware: javicracer

username: javicracer
His Real Name: Javier Catalan
known phone numbers: 714-494-3271 , 949-726-2760

Paypal used: carloscatalan08@gmail.com
Name on Paypal: carlos catalan (somehow related)

I posted a thread where I was looking for a evo8 engine. javicracer contacted me and said he had an engine for sale. after talking to him via texts I decided to buy it. before sending the money, javicracer always responded right away to my texts and my questions. felt comfortable and agreed on price and sent him a payment.

When he contacted me on Oct 20th, he said he can ship me the engine within a week. Sent him the money on Oct 27 for $3700 for a complete long block with clutch, Tcase, ECU, and other misc parts.

I sent the money and the problems started. javicracer said he will get the engine shipped to me within few days. waited few days and texted him to get updates. no response. figured people get busy. couple days later text him again, he said his dad had stuff in front of the engine in his storage and it will take him tell the weekend to get it ready to ship. waited till the weekend and texted him, no response. waited couple days texted him, he said he will ship the engine in few days and get me tracking numbers.

waited few days, texted him again, no response. waited few days, texted him again and said this is starting to get suspicious, of course I get a response the same day saying he had an emergency and had to go to the hospital. I was like you know, **** happens, and people go to the hospital. so I was like ok how long do you need, he said he will leave the hospital the following week and get the parts shipped to me right away. keep in mind this is almost 4 weeks from when I sent the payment. I get a text from javicracer saying he left the hospital and he will get the parts shipped to me the next day.

waited couple days and texted him to get updates, no response. waited few more days, no response. waited a little longer and texted again and again. still no response. here I am only have like 3-4 days to file a claim. 2 days before the last day to file a claim with paypal, I texted him and said I will just file a claim with paypal if I don't hear from him within 24hours. I didn't wait and as soon as I woke up in the morning I went ahead and filed a claim with paypal. guess what??? same day I get a response from javicracer.

His story was, he was arrested for some sort of a fight and was in jail and thats why he couldn't contact me. I somehow knew where he worked and got a hold of his boss. I asked if javicracer didn't show up for work for few weeks (just like he told me, about 1.5 week in the hospital, and 1.5 week in jail) he said he was gone for few days because he told his boss he was sick, but he said he was only gone for few days and was back at work for at least 5 days (that time that he was supposedly in Jail and thats why he didn't respond to my texts) His excuse was his cell phone broke (or lost or something) when he went to jail, and after he got out he didn't get a replacement and had another phone number. Also ""he didn't know I was looking for him"" Yea someone send you $3700 and you just don't contact them for over 2 weeks and you wouldn't think they would be worried.. LOL

anyway I just started to claim, and he wanted me to cancel the claim. I said I will not cancel the claim, unless I get my engine. He said he will get it shipped right away. couple days I text him, he said the shipping company refused to pick up the package due to poor packaging (wasn't really the exact words, but you get the idea) He said he will make it better and get it shipped within couple days. waited he said he still couldn;t get it but he will do it through his work. waited couple days and he said its ready to ship but I have to cancel the claim since time is running out. I said I will if it gets shipped.

I get a text saying the engine was shipped and some of the other parts will be overnighted to me and I should receive it Wed or Friday at the most due to Christmas. I was like cool. He texted me some sort of a receipt for shipping and I asked how I can track it he said they don't have a tracking system and I have to call customer service to check on the package. Wed comes nothing shows up. Friday comes nothing shows up. he texted me and said the shipment will arrive on Saturday and he wanted me to cancel the claim since he shipped the package. I said thats fine I will do it when I get hom friday night. I was out late and just didn't get the chance to do anything with the claim, which I am glad I didn't because saturday comes and nothing showed up!!!!!!! he texted me and said he will have the package on hold until I take care of the claim.

I was stupid enough and sent him the payment again to just get the engine that I waited for 2 months. this time I contacted paypal and said if I get the package and its not what I paid for I will refuse it on sight and file a claim and they said that is fine. He contacts me saying I sent him an E-check and he will have to wait 5 days for it to clear and then he will send me the engine because he got Scammed too many times by other people ((Irony LOL)) I basically told him **** you and get me my money back. which I did.

I think what happened is he was waiting for the claim time to be over then I can't do anything to get my money back at first. the next round he was trying to have me cancel the claim before he ships the engine to me. third round he was lying about what he shipped to me. its either junk or it is not what I paid for (I was going to check it on sight and wasn't going to sign for anything unless I was happy) so that wouldn't work for him and he will def not get the money.

so in conclusion, javicracer is a scammer. there is at least 7-8 other people here in the forum that had issues with him but I was stupid and decided to give the guy another chance. I guess a scumbag like him don't deserve one. buyers be aware of who you deal with.

of course he will come here and said I am lying, but I have a copy of every single text massage with him and I am more than happy to share it. I saved them all because I was in contact with my attorney/lawyer since I was getting ready to call the cops on him so thats why I have the copies of everything in case things didn't go very well with paypal.

here is the other thread about him

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...-received.html

thanks and hopefully people don't fall for this guy. who knows what will happen when you buy the **** he is selling. one day on vacation, the other in the hospital, then in jail (go figure), then I don't know family situation ...etc etc... no matter what it is, save yourself the time and headaches and don't buy from him.

hope this helps other fellow members in the future. Thanks and sorry I know I made this VERY VERY long. but its important.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I knew the name sounded familiar.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 08:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
may

Just wanted to suggest that you also post this on SOCAL EVO hes most likely on that website also, 714/949 is a orange county area code if you get more information i can stop by and talk to him as i live in Los Angeles also
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I just sent him a PM asking him to post in this thread.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Im not gonna say he say i say. Im screen shooting all the msgs. And u people can decide.
This sand.... is a scamer low life dead beat. All this will be here 2night.

Youre lucky you dont live close cuz im not afraid to go back to jail for slapping a lil punk like ...
What type of freak, pervert, or stocker goes so far to find out where i live, work, or tried to friend my ole lady on fb. Now check my sales rating. you have 1, i have how many?!?! 82. And thats not even all the transactions i have made over the years. But of course my only 1 negative feedback was because someone like u. I have deal with shops selling motors and evo parts, of course there allways gonna be a lil crying, winning, pissant, peasant, punkazz bish like u. Oh well.

Last edited by javicracer; Jan 2, 2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 2, 2015, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Posting the rest in a whike my phone is gonna die
Old Jan 2, 2015, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 2, 2015, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 2, 2015, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 2, 2015, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 2, 2015, 08:50 PM

And this is supposedly makes you look innocent somehow???? First of all, you forgot to post the first 30-40 text messages. Second if people are reading this right, I did send the payment again, but it was an echeck (which I didnt have any options to choose from, I picked my bank account directly, but paypal sometimes covert it into an e-check)

Third those payments are the 2nd payments I made after I had paypal refund me the first one because you disappeared. I am more than happy to post the texts as soon as I get home.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo-qtr
And this is supposedly makes you look innocent somehow???? First of all, you forgot to post the first 30-40 text messages. Second if people are reading this right, I did send the payment again, but it was an echeck (which I didnt have any options to choose from, I picked my bank account directly, but paypal sometimes covert it into an e-check)

Third those payments are the 2nd payments I made after I had paypal refund me the first one because you disappeared. I am more than happy to post the texts as soon as I get home.
You **** are saying that i bs about the hospital or been in jail. So pervert tell me what happen when u confir with my boss everything i told u was true. Now u try to scam me.
Boy u have *****. Why dont u screen shot all the msgs then. Dont have time to do this. Where r the mods so this is done deal.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo-qtr

I not gonna argue with u osamma but im gonna tell u something. **** u.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thats right u cant post them right now cuz youre in the mountains without reception?!?!

Quick Reply: Beaware: javicracer