Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Car Club in Norfolk Area

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2004, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Club in Norfolk Area

Well, since I moved to Norfolk, I've been working on getting together some support for a car club around here. My original intentions were to make it for just Lancer/Evo owners, but I've decided to broaden it a bit.

Here's the deal.

If you are interested in being actively involved in a club, which means that you have time to devote toward club events (cookouts, meets, work on each others cars, etc.) and you are serious about performing modifications on your car or other cars in the club, read on. If you just want to be in a car club for the sake of being able to tell people you are in one, stop here and click the red box in the upper right hand corner. I'm looking for dedicated people who are willing to play by the rules and do their part to make this work. You don't have to drop money every month to modify your car. You just have to be motivated and willing to help out in any way you can, for whatever project the club has going on at the time.

There are going to be dues to pay. $10 a month will be all that is required for each member. This can be paid via the internet, to my PayPal account. This money will go to buy the club things like shirts, food for the cookouts, and emergency money to help out in case someone's car has a catastrophic failure that insurance doesn't cover (or need to know about, ie: closed course racing).

I've made arrangements with Millennium Autosports and Tuner Network to make this happen. Millennium is offering GREAT price cuts on products for all club members and Tuner Network will allow us to have our own dedicated car club forum. The only thing they are asking in return is some type of decal (could be as small as 2 inches by 6 inches or as large as you like) to be displayed on the exterior of each car somewhere - windshield, windows, body panels, wherever. These decals will be provided for free.

Now, if you are going to join up with this, don't expect to be able to go in to Millenium and order some parts for your car, just to turn around and hook your buddy up who isn't a member of the club. If this starts to happen, we will either lose our sponsorship with them or you will be kicked out of the club. I'll need a list of everyone's name (or nickname), the car they drive, current modifications, future plans - including what kind of tune you would want for your car (drag race, autocross, road course, street, etc.), and what you could contribute to the club.

So you guys want to do this or what?

Last edited by 90GSX-03EVO; Nov 7, 2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Bump....
Old Nov 10, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

sounds nice, but are the meets in va beach? Not sure if i wanna drive to va beach all the time for meets, im here in newport news/ yorktown area.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
sounds nice, but are the meets in va beach? Not sure if i wanna drive to va beach all the time for meets, im here in newport news/ yorktown area.

I don't see why we would limit ourselves to one little town in this large area. We'll be flexible.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 01:29 PM

sounds good but im in the navy and wont be able to meet up everytime.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo82003
sounds good but im in the navy and wont be able to meet up everytime.

Me too.

Nobody said you had to be there for everything. Just get involved and help out when you can. This is going to be a lot of fun and very rewarding if you guys are willing to participate.

I just need to know who all is in on this thing. Right now, the show of hands is all Evo owners. I would like to include the other Lancers as well......but I don't think they want to play our reindeer games, beacuse none of them have posted.

So then, are we just Evos?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

i say the more the merrier...i'll bring the donuts
Old Nov 17, 2004, 02:37 AM

okay let me know when you guys want to meet up.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Only 4 people (including myself) have shown interest in this. That's pretty weak. I thought I was actually bringing something to the table with this one, but I guess I'll be solo on this one.

Too bad. I guess there isn't that much interest in the Lancer over here in VA.
If you guys are still interested, get in touch with me.

Cellular: 228-323-0050

Nextel DC: 194*109*4201

Last edited by 90GSX-03EVO; Nov 23, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:45 PM

too bad, i am from PA
Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

i wanna help too, but with only 3-4 evos or so, not sure if itll work out... 8- (
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:35 AM
KDW

I just purchased my EVO this month, but if it's still going to happen you can count me in.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

cool still sounds like it might be able to happen. We should get an evo meet going on soon, whether its only 5 evo's or whatever amount, find a time and place.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:17 AM

I've been waiting for a lancer club in the MD/DC/VA area for a long time. I would love to join, I'm just not sure how far Norfolk is to me. I'm in MD.

By the way, I have a "regular" Lancer - '02 ES, but I'd love to be surrounded by Evo's
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

u should try the dcevoclub.com i think they have a nice club in your area. Met a few guys up there with evo's. ALot of evo and lancer owners up there 8 - ) but u can come here too if u want , no problem with me. This area is about 2 and 1/2 hours from ya. bout 100 Miles or so

Quick Reply: Car Club in Norfolk Area