Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

I need a cheap muffler shop! ::PICS::

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a cheap muffler shop! ::PICS::

Hey guys, I have the 2.25 piping (midpipe) and a muffler waiting to be put on my car. I went arouond trying to find a place that can weld the midpipe together since its in two peices. Then I want to run a pipe just from the muffler to the midpipe... Look at the pics. I went to Ultimate Motorsports http://www.ultimatedc.com/ and the quoted me at 250 bucks for the install! For 315 I can get a new magnaflow or buscher exhaust and do it myself! My question is... How much should I expect to pay to have this work done? I want to find a muffler shop in northern va that isnt going to rape me like that. Just a small place that can bend a pipe to make axel back exhaust to connect to my midpipe. Midas can't do it because they don't bend pipe... Other than that 1 pipe and a little bit of welding, that's all I need done! What is a good, cheap muffler shop in DC or northern VA?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=56022
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=56023
Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:06 PM

i notice that in va prices are crazy compare to when i use to live in nj. i got price for cat-back exhaust 650.oo with no bents. in nj 350.big difference. good luck on finding a shop for cheap. i know i give up in va.

Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

someone from dcevoclub said a cheap muffler shop was in richmond but that's 120 miles away
Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:27 PM

Find A Place Call American Muffler
Old Feb 15, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Listen here is what you do. I live in Maryland but go to the Mieneke right there on route 1 near the multiplex. Not to sure for exact directions, but right next to it is that awesome tint shop called LA Tint. Anyway, what you do is go to the back of Mieneke where the mechanics are and look for a guy named Dave. Tell him what you want done and what he will do is have you come in one day like at 6am before there manager gets there and do the work for a cash price. When I had them put my down pipe and cat back exhaust on I paid him $75.00 cash.
Believe it or not there are many shops that do this when the management isn't in.