Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Va Beach EVO's

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by robogast
I have a evo service manual that i have downloaded if that helps..haha
I was going to say the same thing. I do do my own work. What are you looking to get done?

Last edited by biggie5252; Feb 27, 2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do all my own work as well. I'm just not sure if I want to tackle changing out my springs and retainers with the head still on. I can get it stripped down, I just don't know if I'd trust myself with the valve locks. If someone local had experience doing this, I'd pay for the help on just changing out the springs and retainers. I might just pull the whole head anyway so I don't have to worry when I put in my arp headstuds.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend pulling the head if for no other reason than to prevent them falling into oil passages. I changed mine out with a make-shift valve spring compressor. It was a pain, but not impossible. A magnetic pen is a must to get them off and a proper spring compressor will help greatly. A 2nd set of hands will help to put them back on. That was the hardest part for me doing it by myself. I did it with the head off.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome we had a bunch of nice days during the work week and rain during the weekend...I love VA so much.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw a silver, and black Evo at All Aspects the other day. Just seeing if either one of yal are on here?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
I would recommend pulling the head if for no other reason than to prevent them falling into oil passages. I changed mine out with a make-shift valve spring compressor. It was a pain, but not impossible. A magnetic pen is a must to get them off and a proper spring compressor will help greatly. A 2nd set of hands will help to put them back on. That was the hardest part for me doing it by myself. I did it with the head off.
Yeah that's what I was worried about doing. I've been known a time or two to have butter fingers. We have a good spring compressor at the shop. I'm probably just going to pull the head, even though I dont want to break that seal already.

Originally Posted by Skott2k
Awesome we had a bunch of nice days during the work week and rain during the weekend...I love VA so much.
Yeah no ****, I was going to head up to Richmond Dragway today since I had the day off.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

All you guys do your own work and i cant take a door panel off w/o breakin $hit i need serious lessons lol i just reinstalled my door panel and my handle isnt in all the way or something and my drivers side door was checked by a local place and now its all loose plus the actuator is bad...
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heyzeus11
Saw a silver, and black Evo at All Aspects the other day. Just seeing if either one of yal are on here?
Yep the Black one is mine.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

All you guys do your own work and i cant take a door panel off w/o breakin $hit i need serious lessons lol i just reinstalled my door panel and my handle isnt in all the way or something and my drivers side door was checked by a local place and now its all loose plus the actuator is bad...
It should have been the same as your old lancer...
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robogast
Yep the Black one is mine.
Thats cool, do you mind if I ask what is wrong with it?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

It is merc lol ive gotten them off and on i just need to give myself like a 30 minute no posting window after cursing out my car im not very patient lol.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Thats cool, do you mind if I ask what is wrong with it?
Keenan, the tuner, says that there is some kind of bottom end noise. Ill be checking it out soon.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

mine was there on friday
Old Mar 1, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

It is merc lol ive gotten them off and on i just need to give myself like a 30 minute no posting window after cursing out my car im not very patient lol.
you're going to have to work on that a little.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

LOL yeah i do ive never been too mechanically inclined. Ive got a buddy in newport news i think i told you about him before he has a blue (Was silver) 02 oz with a kit and hes wanting to get a turbo maybe if we ever meet up ill have him show up and check out your set up if you dont mind..i wouldnt mind seeing it too actually i used to have an oz before i got my ralliart and i remember you from the meet we had at the AIK carting place youve done alot since then apparently lol.

Quick Reply: Va Beach EVO's