Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Va Beach EVO's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about we all chip in 5 bucks for Warr's gas for launching lessons LOL.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Im in!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boyd494
Yes, I was referring to Buschur. I'd love to just go up there and get everything done at once.

At times I enjoy the gradual upgrade/modding path, and then others I think how cool it'd be to just drive up and come away with a stage 5. But that's just me.

At any rate, I'm with 05WhiteEVO8. Since I don't launch my car, I'd love to see it done right.
Nah, man, I'm the same way. I'm very impatient and lazy, so I hate waiting around for mods one at a time. I have gone slow just because I'm more of a cheapskate than I am lazy, so instead of spending a bunch of money up front, I slowly added parts after securing sponsorships. That's the ultimate Low-Budget Racer (LBR) for you!

I think it would be awesome to march up to Buschur, have stages 1-4 installed along with some dyno tuning, then drive back, but if you can't manage that, then perhaps consider the Warrtalon packages that are being sold by one of our local DcEvo club sponsors. I don't advertise or link specifically to these out of respect for EvoM and its sponsors, since my shop isn't an EvoM paid vendor yet. However, if you're interested in getting staged upgrades installed along with a Dynoflash, you can get all of it done up through stg 2 here in NOVA for $1500. Stg 2 puts you where I am with the mods and times in my sig, just FYI...
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

sup guys, last night I was leaving my friends house and his neighbor came out and said damn that car is loud and he says "do you have a cap on that thing." Which I think he meant cap, and I lied and said yea,, why? He says hes a cop and he wouldnt give me a ticket, but its really loud and think I should get it checked out lol. I never knew my car was that loud... so today I finally put the silencer on that came with the exhaust. Will this affect my performance at all by using a silencer?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

warrtalon you do your own flashes and tuning?
Old Dec 27, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
warrtalon you do your own flashes and tuning?
No, I rely on Dynoflash for all of my flash tuning - he sponsors me now. I do, however, do my own race gas tuning at the track with my SAFC. I used to do all of my tuning with the SAFC until Dynoflash stepped in and joined the game. My car is much more fun with the flash than just on the SAFC when on pump gas, but I still get the same gains on race gas as before.

Btw, the silencer will rob you of around 30-40whp, so I wouldn't not drive around like that. I'm not exaggerating either...it's worse than having the stock exhaust, because that hole is tiny. It will create a ton of backpressure that will cause your turbo to spool much more slowly as well.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

i c... i thought it would rob me of hp, but not that bad darn.. Ill keep it on whenever I go to my friend's house now. Since that cop says my car was loud. I wont be racing or taking my car to the track anytime soon so I guess keeping it on for now would be ok.. 8- x
Old Dec 27, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

WOW Thats alot of HP!!!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 02:45 PM

im down to go to ohio. i was planing on getting the stage 1, 2 and a twin clutch with lighten flywheel upgrades to my evo. and get it dyno before and after the upgrade ( to see what the increase was). im thinking of heading down there sometime in april.

let me now if anyone want to go with me . maybe we could get a deal
Old Dec 27, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Id go to AMS, maybe even Turbotrix to get a custom tune, but ohio? Thats a lil too far for me.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

I owe everyone an apology. AMS has not been in the flashing game before, but they apparently have just begun to offer custom flashes in person at their shop as of December. I owe you guys the apology as well as AMS. It's great to see such a great Evo vendor/tuner join the game, so hopefully they can provide a flash that is equal to everything else they do. They don't have a database full of files for providing mail-in flashes, but they can definitely tune you if you drive there. I don't think it's necessary to drive to Illinois for a custom tune when you can get one right here, but if that is anyone's preference, it certainly is available.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

well that's pretty cool. nice to know there's another option that is closer. thanks for the info.

frank..was he asking about a cat? and yes, your car is loud. you've just gotten used to it.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

You guys can get the shops to come to you as mentioned above. DynoFlash and TurboTrix both travel to places to do tunes, all you have to do is set it up.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

I know dynoflash charges 350 for custom tunes if you already had a mail in flash, but how much does turbo trix or the other vendors charge?
Old Dec 28, 2005, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

TT charges 300 for custom and 200 for base/mail-in flash.

Quick Reply: Va Beach EVO's