Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

84 in 55mph: Get a lawyer? ..or not

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
court date is late feb btw
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

sucky part is that i was driving the daily driver.. but being a s2k doesnt help either
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

ouch 2dr drop top =X
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd reckless in NOVA? Get a lawyer and be prepared to spend some weekends in jail. You had to have heard about the horror stories in northern VA for reckless driving. I have no sympathy for you.

You can't be serious... the problem with downers like you is certain people go and get a car and can't handle it. They wreck and burn and idiots like you and your bible hugging parents give everyone else a bad name.

Regardless he got on it and got caught. Don't shame him for speeding its his car his life hes at fault. That being said myself, cousin, brother and everyone else i know have gotten tickets same as this and basically what everyone is saying about the dress nice etc etc helps. Even with a lawyer, who can save you if he knows the judge (if you think that **** does not happen your mistaken) or is just a decent lawyer, you are better off. Dress nice, shave etc. Yes your honor all the typical bull**** helps.

Oh and im not gonna reply after this so if the idiot who posted first decides to turn this into a ego measuring contest you win.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eniLk
2nd reckless in NOVA? Get a lawyer and be prepared to spend some weekends in jail. You had to have heard about the horror stories in northern VA for reckless driving. I have no sympathy for you.

You can't be serious... the problem with downers like you is certain people go and get a car and can't handle it. They wreck and burn and idiots like you and your bible hugging parents give everyone else a bad name.

Regardless he got on it and got caught. Don't shame him for speeding its his car his life hes at fault. That being said myself, cousin, brother and everyone else i know have gotten tickets same as this and basically what everyone is saying about the dress nice etc etc helps. Even with a lawyer, who can save you if he knows the judge (if you think that **** does not happen your mistaken) or is just a decent lawyer, you are better off. Dress nice, shave etc. Yes your honor all the typical bull**** helps.

Oh and im not gonna reply after this so if the idiot who posted first decides to turn this into a ego measuring contest you win.

nicely said.

To the op, I am in the same situation right now, but I got 3 tickets that same night, not having current ins card in car, speed, swith lane without signal. The cop was not in nice mood and he states that me and this other car were "racing"... I was not, I was simply following a car that is going fast and was thinking if there were cops they will pull him over not me... boy was i wrong cuz he flashed at me first and told me to pull over and speed up and pass me and tell the other guy to pull over...

Anyhow I know this friend hes a cop too and he said plea not guilty and after I got the court day then he will try to help me out to see if he can contact this other officer... don't know how that works but gotta try anything that might work. So thats that and if it falls through I am gonna get a lawyer just so that I can have a piece of mind that I have tried everything I possibly can so if I still do get those points I don't have to blame myself with shet like "oh I should've done this..."
Old Feb 7, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Shut your mouth. Testudo was stating the truth.....granted it wasn't sugar coated, But the truth nonetheless. Reckless driving in VA is nothing to joke about. One thing if he was going 65 in 55, but 84 in a 55, you were lucky they didn't haul you to jail.

Best bet is to get a lawyer. You should have asked this on DCEvoClub.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

i got a 80 in a 55 down here in williamsburg. I went to court acted all nice and bs and they dropped the points and i just paid the fine. Heck even my insurance didnt know when i renewed. Just take you lumps man, with a lawyer your gonna spend alot more in the long run then if you go in there all nice
Old Feb 8, 2010, 03:08 PM

I got a 72 in a 35(DOUBLE THE SPEED LIMIT). went to court and plead guilty without a lawyer. it was my first ever ticket. im in MD so idk but he gave me a pbj which ends in april this year I got so lucky I would of had like 5-6 points on my record.

The ticket i got is whats keeping me from getting my evo for some WEIRD reason the insurance company sees this pbj and wont even allow me to get the car. cant wait for april

but im sure its different in VA.. good luck man.

Last edited by Owens; Feb 8, 2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

why do ppl waste time to even post negative **** in here ??
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
Shut your mouth. Testudo was stating the truth.....granted it wasn't sugar coated, But the truth nonetheless. Reckless driving in VA is nothing to joke about. One thing if he was going 65 in 55, but 84 in a 55, you were lucky they didn't haul you to jail.

Best bet is to get a lawyer. You should have asked this on DCEvoClub.
nah DCEvoClub is a joke
Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darkn3s
nah DCEvoClub is a joke
Sorry you don't fit in/belong.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

its not a big loss on my part
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weird - my attorney has always gotten me off of my tickets (hov violation, speeding, etc) I usually just give him a few bills and he goes to court; later gives me the good news.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Weird - my attorney has always gotten me off of my tickets (hov violation, speeding, etc) I usually just give him a few bills and he goes to court; later gives me the good news.
must be nice
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:22 AM

Hope all goes well for you. I was coming back from IAG in westminster after buying my V2 Accessport. They went ahead and threw a tune on there for me for free. So on way home I hit it one time (near home) and unfortunately got pulled over by anne arundel cops. Funny thing is I went from 55 mph speed limit to like 70mph. Cop said he pulled me over for 88 in a 55. I was like WHAT NO WAY... They have done this to me before. Pouring rain they had pulled me over for what they said was a 55 in a 40 (when pouring rain im not going to do anything stupid) I admitted to officer that I was doing like 45 but no way I was doing 55. Also gave me 3 tickets for suspended license (which was an error on MVA's part for me being diabetic) so my parents picked me up that night, and over heard the cop tell the other cop "I dont know his speed, I was almost asleep and felt like going after him" lol So now I have this BS 55 in 40 ticket, and an even bigger BS 88 in 55 ticket....both in Anne Arundel.