Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Possibly moving to Herndon VA area, NEED ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly moving to Herndon VA area, NEED ADVICE

Hey guys and gals,

I have a non car related question for all of you guys down in the northern VA area. I recently received a job offer in Herndon Va. I am from the Philly burbs but all my evo work is down by Cory and the guys at Atlantic, so I am fairly familiar with the area.

My question is regarding places to live. I will be most likely looking for a solo apartment/studio type housing as I do not have any friends down there to roommate with. I would like to be as close to Herndon as possible, but am willing to look at places within the 15-20 min range as well.

I am a recent college grad and will be looking for something relatively nice, but would like to save as much cash as I can. Does anyone know of good places to look for housing? Most places seem to be in the 1,000 -1500 range for apartment complexes. Not sure if this is the average or if their are cheaper places to live.

My current rent is 525 (with three roommates) so all of these places that are 1500 seem pricey, but it may just be that that is the cost of living in Northern Va.

Any advice about where to look, what to look for, and average prices would be greatly appreciated. If I do move down there, I look forward to meeting some of the mid-atlantic guys as the philly crew is a great group.

Thanks in advance

Ryan
Old May 12, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

bummmmp!
Old May 12, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Sent you a pm back on your DCEVO account.

~Chug
Old May 13, 2010, 05:27 AM

Take a look at rentals in Sterling, and Reston and possibly Leesburg or Chantilly. I have a friend that is renting a 1br appt for about 1300 a month. Thats about as cheap as you will get it around here unless you find some people that rent parts of their appt or townhouse out. Look on CL.
Rich
Old May 13, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the info. PMs returned. so where is the best places to live in regards to my car NOT getting stolen or broken into, and where should I avoid like the plague? any ideas....i always thought NoVa was a safe place, guess i was wrong there haha