Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Looking For Lemon-Law Attorney In VA Beach

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking For Lemon-Law Attorney In VA Beach

I'm in search of a lemon law attorney in or around virginia beach. purchased my car from a dealership here in town, bough it 'as is' in early sept 09. starting having issues after an oil change in oct 09. engine blew from an oil pump that seized up in jan 2010, and spent jan-april, then may-sep, then oct-present going in and out of the shop for the engine rebuild.
if you happen to know a GOOD attorney in the area that could help me out, please either list a name, a link, or something thatd help me out here. paid 17k for it, already paid 6k in repairs. had it for 1 year 1 month, driven it for about 3 months total.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 04:16 AM

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/c...s/lemonlaw.asp
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

it seems to be saying that its only by the manufacturer, and the manufacture warranty is gone, but isnt there something that applies to the dealership selling lemons
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
If you didn't get a warranty and purchased the car "as is", the dealership is covered. Sorry.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
If you didn't get a warranty and purchased the car "as is", the dealership is covered. Sorry.
Actually; the lemon law still applies.......when the vehicle is purchased from a dealership. Private party with "as is" written on the title and/or bill of sale? You would be correct.

Dealerships can only knowingly sell vehicles in good working order.

The link I posted is very vague......so I can't speak for the law in the 'strict' sense of the word; but for most states to be a lemon can be a couple different things:

1. Continually having work done that is safety or drivability related.

2. Something breaking that the cost to fix is above "x" percentage of what you paid for it. "x" amount being whatever that state chooses.

I've gotten my money back from a dealer before using the lemon law; no lawyer needed.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe in the state of VA the "lemon law" applies to new cars only...i might be wrong but this is what the lawyer told me a year or two ago...give a call to a lawyer that gives out free consultations and see if you have a chance in fighting.