Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Max Madsen, Downers Grove..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Madsen, Downers Grove..

Good or Bad? Got my car there.. Warranty and all, Will they void warranty for minor addons?

BOV/Exhausts/Intakes?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Biggest jerks in the world, search my older posts. Sales and service both gave me problems.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I've only heard bad things about the downers grove location. However, I get ALL my service done at the Countryside location. They've been really upstanding, cooperative, and helpful.

EDIT: I just noticed your mods questions. I've heard from more than one source, that downers grove looks very poorly on mods. I took delivery of a car there once, but I've never been there for service. I wouldn't exactly call countryside 'mod friendly', but they've always been very supportive of upgrades to my car. If you're worried, I would call them (whoever you want service from) and talk to them _before_ you bring your car in. Be upfront and honest. Tell them, "Look, I have so-and-so on my car. I want the 6 bazillion mile service, but I don't want place my warranty in jeopardy." If approached like that, countryside has always given me an honest answer -- even when the answer was, "honestly, we don't know". Ask for chad.

d

Last edited by donour; Jan 20, 2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

I got my car there, the sales guys were really nice. The finance manager or whatever seemed to be very anti-mod and I haven't gone there for service. I went to the Naperville/Aurora one and they didn't give me any trouble and I was in the middle of installing gauges. I had no a pillar on and the ecu wires hanging out. All he asked me was if I was installing speakers or something and I said no and he left it at that
Old Jan 20, 2005, 06:42 AM

You know you don't have to go to the place you purchased your car to service it. I bought mine from larry roesch and i go to schaumburg mitsu. It's a nationwide warranty so no matter where you go you can get service. I have intake and BOV and i'm fine at schaumburg. Just be careful though, if you go to one dealer and they screw you they'll put it in their computer and all the dealers will be able to read it. Good Luck.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 09:54 AM

Yeh, Im asking before I ever TRY to take my car there
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

I also go to Max Madsen in Counrtyside, eventhough I bought @ Roesch in Orland Park.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Max Madsen in Counrtyside would not fix my problem with howling noise when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, even when the tech rode with me and I reproduced the problem many times. Everything is "normal"
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

I bought my 03 evo at countryside. I took it in for service a long time ago for the IC sprayer. I only had my intake and bov installed, and they said nothin.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone with mod/warranty issues at Schaumburg Mitsu? I bought my car there, but I've been too cheap to take it back for oil changes (keep receipts instead). I've been freaked ever since I heard that horror story of the guy who threw a rod at auto-x later to find out he had been blacklisted.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:05 PM

is that guy from our area ?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:08 PM

hey hkfeet did u ever get ur problem resolve if u did who's da dealer?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:10 PM

oh by the way did u try using bg syncroshift on ur trans it might help if the noise is coming from there.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Nah. I dont think they will open up my transmission to see what the problem is. They told me if it breaks down, then it would be worth looking at. Im just going to avoid the stupid dealers now and get my transmission rebuilt at Teamrip when I get my quaife diff and new clutch. After these mods, and possible turbo upgrade there will be no turning back for warranty work

Originally Posted by lexxtek
hey hkfeet did u ever get ur problem resolve if u did who's da dealer?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

The biggest jerks ever wouldnt even help I stood in the show room for twenty minutes and nobody helped me so i left and went to Jim Felts and they helped right away.... i would go back there in a heart beat.....my 2cents

Quick Reply: Max Madsen, Downers Grove..