Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Photoshoot CAR needed >> Chicago area...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2005, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photoshoot CAR needed >> Chicago area...

Here's the low down:

I own a subaru impreza and over on rs25.com an associate and I have began selling 11"x17" posters using a design that I created. My partner has sold numerous copies of his own design and now sold quite a few with the new batch. I'm thinking of expanding our horizons and doing a similar type thing with different types of cars.

What I'm looking for:

The subject car/cars need to be photogenic (ie. no rust, no unpainted body kits, no steelies, etc). The car does NOT need to be crazy hooked up, a clean example of a mostly stock car WILL work. You have to be near chicago or able to travel to chicago (suburb, elmhurst, IL to be exact) with the cleaned car.

What's in it for you:

The owner of the subject car will recieve a copy of the completed poster. They will recieve high quality digital images of the raw photos that were taken during the photoshoot as well. You will obviously be featured in this poster and as a result people will be able to gauk at your car when they put their poster on the wall! I am not offering any money for this as none of us are real professionals. I can also offer dating advice as well as directions to the bathroom if need be (although you might want to disregard the dating advice).

Hey! I've got a car!

Then please contact me at your convenience.
You can use either:
1. Email = GSchwing990@hotmail.com
2. Aol Instant Messenger = UntamedEvolution
Upon talking with me we can set up a date, on a (cross my fingers... nice day/night) and go from there.

Thanks everyone for reading through this. If you know someone else who may be interested, any nice-clean car for that matter, let me know or give them my contact info.
Post any questions or comments... thanks

p.s. pics of our current project

-Grant
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

You just missed your chance! The meet was last week! Talk to DVL GRL and find out when the March meet will be! From the pics she posted you should be able to find several cars, whether or not they'll do it for free is up to them! I drive a lowly RA and live on the other side of 2 rivers from them or I'd help you out lol...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:56 AM

bah....
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Just trying to point you in a good direction. Driving up to Chi-town for a freebie shoot of a stock Ralliart with custom 17's just to end up on the cutting room floor doesn't seem like much fun for me, but I figured some of the people (at least one surely) at the monthly meets would get a kick out of having their "very own" poster car. But then again, what do I know...

Offer to buy them lunch or something, I'm pretty sure you can flip for Hardees at the least! I am guessing that you do intend on making money off of someone elses car, the least you can do is buy them a cheeseburger and a coke. If you drive out to St. Louis I'll let you take all the pictures of my car you want. But since you're in Chicago I suggest you buddy up with the people running the chicago march meet...
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

wow, this would be an awesome experience. i hope you find someone cuase if you were in the cleveland area i would hop on this instantly, i want professional quality shots of my car so badly. good luck find, and please post up when its done.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

did you find anyone yet??
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:30 PM

i've got a lot of people interested, but i've not taken photos of anyone yet. The weather hasn't been exactly nice for people to clean their cars if ya know what i mean!?
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:35 PM

I'de def treat for lunch of someone volunteered, but I can't offer any money because I really don't make **** off of this. Bout enough to buy me a tank of gas I'm doing it more for the experience, because I want to do something along these lines when I goto a college that teaches this type of thing. I'de even treat to denny's or ihop if someone wanted to come out ...
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

i'd do it...but at this moment my car is not in good shape...broken window...teared dash...and unpainted body kit...ill have it fixed by the end of the month...and have it painted...if no1 steps up...ill do it...u can check out my car in my profile/registry
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CADesigns
i've got a lot of people interested, but i've not taken photos of anyone yet. The weather hasn't been exactly nice for people to clean their cars if ya know what i mean!?

ready when you are yea this weather sux
let us know
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:32 AM

bump
Old Mar 28, 2005, 07:41 AM

what happened to this?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 05:09 PM

its still going, last nite was a good nite, but no one responded to the emails i sent out - to those that I had previously talked to.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

wait for me to lower my car.. =)
Old Mar 31, 2005, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have a pm.