Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey well i figured id say hi to my fellow evo owners in WI. Ive had mine since late 2007, bought it off a buddy of mine. Im also an avid honda enthuisit too :flame suit on: lol. Im sure i know a few of you in here. Either way hi.

Well since it looks like we are on the protest and capitol talk ill post up a picture. My buddy took it on wednesday inside the capitol building. People were chanting "whos house? OUR HOUSE!" apparentlly lol. I can see what scott walker point of trying to cut costs, but in my opinion hes going about it the wrong way

Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How? By doing what he said during his campaign?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
You took the job to help the children...right?
Well, see it this way. You went through a lot of schooling to become a teacher and have that high paying job you always wanted. Then out of nowhere, some crazy guy wants to cut some of your pay and benefits. Of course you're going to voice your own opinion about the bill that just got passed. One of the complaints would be you worked so hard on schoolings to be what you are now and blah blah blah so I can understand why they're mad with this bill.

Private schools are different though. Most of them don't have to deal with the kids of these days. The parents that send their kids to private school really don't want their kids exposed to the ppl of today just because it got that much worse then it did before. Already, I've been hearing a lot more fights and fights student vs teacher at my old high school. Just not the same as when I was a Freshmen anymore...

I'm proud to say I didn't vote for anyone because I am no politic. Because no matter who I vote for, someone is just going to be mad about it.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 05:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Not sure if I completely agree with 100% of what's being done, but I'm envious that they have someone willing to try to take control and fix the system instead of continuing to feed it.

I'd heard that cops & firefighters aren't touched in this, which I think is a complete joke.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:48 PM

A lot of people in Illinois are pretty impressed (and envious) of the bold steps the Gov. is making. I'm a conservative and am proud that America is slowly starting to wake up.

Unions were awesome and and essential part in transforming this greatest nation on God's green Earth back in the day. They are only an elitist group now who want a lot and could give a crap about those (taxpayers) who foot the bill. We need some fresh blood (younger guys and gals who are in need of a job fresh out of College) to teach the children.

In regards to the Police and Fire departments, they hold a unique and dangerous job like that of the Military. We all know the benefits and sacrifices made by taking up one of those jobs.

MvP

Last edited by Sword_of_Spirit; Feb 18, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

My largest concern with the union dissolving is there's no voice for what's best for the student. While there's not much of one right now, there's even less with power leaving. Don't expect the management end of a school district, old men in suits at the state level, or the parents to choose or even think what's best for kids. . .hell parents are one of the largest problems with the schools. With our sinking status in the world in terms of Primary school education, this really scares me.

Police and Fire, while dangerous jobs, are civil servants who at least in Il already enjoy exorbitant wages for what in many cases is a job which will take just about anyone with a minimal education. If you're going to be fair, be fair across the board. The FD/PD unions are always the strongest, I'm sure that's why they were avoided.

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
Unions were awesome and and essential part in transforming this greatest nation on God's green Earth back in the day. They are only an elitist group now who want a lot and could give a crap about those (taxpayers) who foot the bill. We need some fresh blood (younger guys and gals who are in need of a job fresh out of College) to teach the children.

In regards to the Police and Fire departments, they hold a unique and dangerous job like that of the Military. We all know the benefits and sacrifices made by taking up one of those jobs.

MvP
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:36 AM

Police and Fire departments are on a local level and that is why they are allowed civilian unions and benefits. Military is federal. Having served 6 years active duty in the U.S. Army myself, I appreciate many of the benefits that I have been so fortunate to have granted to me. My paychecks were nothing special, but I did what I had to do. I respect conservatives/republicans for passing many bills that I now benefit from being a veteran, but on the other hand I was raised a democrat and worked hard for everything my entire life. I now have 1 bachelor's degree from the U.W. system and am working on my 2nd bachelor's with thanks the to the $50,000 G.I. Bill that I recieve for tuition from my time served in the Army (thanks to Republicans who passed the bill a long time ago). I guess what I'm trying to get across is that it doesn't really matter what side of fence you stand on as long those you vote in do what's best for those who matter and that is us, the people of this country, and not greedy politicians. Stand up for what's right and fight against what is wrong. Of course what one may find to be either "right" or "wrong" is an entirely different battle. Republicans against Democrats, Conservatives against Liberals, Evolution against STI. Live and let live. See you all this summer. Peace.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Now that World of Wheels ended, who's going to the Greater Milwaukee Auto Show this upcoming weekend?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by dgkm1981
... Republicans against Democrats, Conservatives against Liberals, Evolution against STI. Live and let live. See you all this summer. Peace.
Well said
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:20 AM

Why are the roads so terrible when there wasn't even much snow fall. It took an hour to get to work and the worst drive I've had. Yet it was the most fun I ever had too.

Sideways through corners, people looking at me amazed I didn't get stuck, and cop cars stuck in the snow as I passed.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:27 AM

And I took the Beloit Rd then in West Allis a damn train is broken down and not moving. So I tried sliding through the neighbors to find a way out, but just wasted my time and just had fun.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by LAo_pRiNCe
And I took the Beloit Rd then in West Allis a damn train is broken down and not moving. So I tried sliding through the neighbors to find a way out, but just wasted my time and just had fun.
It's not wasting your time if you're having fun!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:22 AM

It's not even terribly cold out, so salt would work... if they were putting it down. I'm surprised they didn't get out there dumping salt before or during the ice fall on Sunday.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Democrats forever ruined there chance of having me look at what they have to offer when they passed a health care bill that put a 10% tax on my already dying industry. I think teachers are a bunch of over paid babies. Conservative for life.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

So $60k a year is over paid for teachers? I think that's decent with the higher education level they have than a working man that works at a factory with only a high school diploma. The higher your education level, the higher you should expect to make.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners