Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm another nube in LaGrange Oh. Looking for a professional shop for some light mods to 2012 MR. Recommendations? Also was basic bang for the buck upgrades should I be looking at? It's a daily driver that I drive year round, just looking for a little more fun. Thanks in advance, Jason
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 67383wagon
I'm another nube in LaGrange Oh. Looking for a professional shop for some light mods to 2012 MR. Recommendations? Also was basic bang for the buck upgrades should I be looking at? It's a daily driver that I drive year round, just looking for a little more fun. Thanks in advance, Jason
You're about 15 to 20 minutes away from one of the most well known DSM/EVO shops around in Wakeman, OH. I suggest you check them out. http://www.buschurracing.com/
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:12 PM
Maz

Hey guys I have a question for anyone in the Columbus area. I'm ****ty at driving stick. Well not ****ty just not al the well. I want to refresh myself before I go and buy a GSR. After ALOT of thought I decided to go with a GSR instead of an MR and I don't want to be burning my clutch trying to get the hang of it on an Evo.

With that said I'm trying to find a driving school but NO one teaches it here. . .I thought that was weird. . .but if anyone had any ideas please let me know.

And I don't have a manual car otherwise I would just practice. This is one the few times I wish I had an old honda such cheap clutches.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Maz
With that said I'm trying to find a driving school but NO one teaches it here. . .I thought that was weird. . .but if anyone had any ideas please let me know.
You do realize we have one of the premier HP driving schools in the country at the Mid Ohio School, about 45min north of Cbus... also the Ohio Valley Region of the SCCA puts on a drivers school in Columbus each year, though we are already done this year, will happen again next spring.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

67383 wagon i live lodi. If you need any help let me know
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:20 PM

Thanks donzilla and tdt1805. I will check out that shop for sure.
Thanks again
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 67383wagon
Thanks donzilla and tdt1805. I will check out that shop for sure.
Thanks again
No problem. Good luck. You also have Pure Tuning in Toledo as well. www.pure-tuning.com
Old Jun 12, 2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Maz
Hey guys I have a question for anyone in the Columbus area. I'm ****ty at driving stick. Well not ****ty just not al the well. I want to refresh myself before I go and buy a GSR. After ALOT of thought I decided to go with a GSR instead of an MR and I don't want to be burning my clutch trying to get the hang of it on an Evo.

And I don't have a manual car otherwise I would just practice. This is one the few times I wish I had an old honda such cheap clutches.
I just traded in my stick 12 Civic for a 11 GSR. The clutch engagement point on Civic is in the middle. Whereas, the GSR is near the top like what others have said. It's mostly knowing where the engagement point is and releasing the clutch really slowly right there.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maz

lol dude just practice on the car you get...you will be fine after an hour
Old Jun 13, 2013, 07:33 AM

^ agree, was gonna say the same thing.

before i bought my first manual, i drove my friends civic si for like 10 mins. Bought the manual car in cinci, drove it back. by the time i got back, pretty much learned how to drive it. wasnt good, but at least i figured out how to roll from a standstill w/o stalling. good luck.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
Maz

Originally Posted by Bassicfun
You do realize we have one of the premier HP driving schools in the country at the Mid Ohio School, about 45min north of Cbus... also the Ohio Valley Region of the SCCA puts on a drivers school in Columbus each year, though we are already done this year, will happen again next spring.
I didnt know that actually thats awesome though thanx
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
Maz

Originally Posted by hn07
I just traded in my stick 12 Civic for a 11 GSR. The clutch engagement point on Civic is in the middle. Whereas, the GSR is near the top like what others have said. It's mostly knowing where the engagement point is and releasing the clutch really slowly right there.
I guess it's just gonna have to take some playing with it.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
Maz

Originally Posted by pandaevoz
^ agree, was gonna say the same thing.

before i bought my first manual, i drove my friends civic si for like 10 mins. Bought the manual car in cinci, drove it back. by the time i got back, pretty much learned how to drive it. wasnt good, but at least i figured out how to roll from a standstill w/o stalling. good luck.
Originally Posted by ogrenator
lol dude just practice on the car you get...you will be fine after an hour
Yea honestly guys I think that what will end up happening. I just was afraid that by the time I got the hang of it I'd have fu*ked the clutch in the a$$.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

ANyone going to Import Alliance next weekend?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

If my car was ready I would go, but sadly it's not.

Quick Reply: ***Official Ohio Chat Thread***